• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
For me, it depends on how "Luigified" they are. Brawl Ganon was garbage all and all, but they did give him more of his own style and moves (dat sexy choke). On the other end of the spectrum, you have Brawl Falco who got super revamped since Melee w/ a new reflector and different moves across the board (and on top of that, even if you prefer Melee Falco, Brawl Falco was very good in his own game).

Now, if they do something like that w/ Doc, I'm cool, but I don't see it happening. To make me more salty, it's the fact that it's literally just Mario in a lab coat, claiming that he went to medical school between bailing Peach out of Bowser's sex dungeon every other game. Maybe he just got in because the developers ran out of time and they needed a character slot filled (and it's much easier to make Doc than it is to make a non clone). If that were the case, I would have rather them waited and filled the spot with a DLC character that's truly unique. Somebody like... Bo Dallas.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So I can't really watch these videos and stuff on mobile. Can i have a list of all leaked chars?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
But people who play Falco in Melee will tell you how different his gameplan is from Fox just on the laser change alone.

What seems like insignificant differences can actually be huge in the metagame, which shouldn't be overlooked when talking about clones.

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Oh certainly not. I know Doc was better than Mario (they even sort have kept up that tradition in PM), but at the end of the day, if I could have chosen between a clone character of Mario and a completely unique (and possibly more loved) character, who am I going to pick?

Bleck

Smash Master
my favorite part of leaked Shulk footage is how all of his moves look to be taken directly from Marth and Link

"game won't suffer from more swordguys" yeah sure okay

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Streaming some SA2:B!! Come chill :p.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Same thing happen on Keitaro's page but the Imgur link is still good.

EDIT: Anyone got some turbo mode combo vids to share I have a turbo mode itch and kinda wanna convince people in my area to have a turbo mode side tourney?

Last edited:

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Oh certainly not. I know Doc was better than Mario (they even sort have kept up that tradition in PM), but at the end of the day, if I could have chosen between a clone character of Mario and a completely unique (and possibly more loved) character, who am I going to pick?
That's not a fair choice, though. Clones exist because they give us a character that plays, looks, and sounds differently than the "base" character, but takes much less and resources for the development team to build.

In that case, the choice becomes "clone" vs "nothing", or perhaps an extra stage. Which do you prefer?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hahaha what WHY
Why Amazon, of all companies, would want to buy Twitch?
You watch a game, amazon tries to sell you that game.
--------
I can live with every character except Pittooey. It's literally a pallet swap, he better have some interesting moveset changes or I'm not playing him out of principle, even if he is better than Pit.
If Icies were removed due to 3DS limitations then the salt is real, and all the ice got melted.

RIP Wolf, Mew 2, Lucas, and Ridley. PMD™ pls make drams come true, you are only hope.

AND PICHU
you could clone any character

WHERS PICHA SAKURA

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I hope Sceptile will at least be DLC (which would make sense considering the timing of OR's/AS's/Mega Sceptile's reveal and the bulk of Smash 4's development). After having the Pokémon RPS trio in Brawl, it just feels somewhat incomplete with only Charizard and Greninja.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Why does shulk have roy's d-smash, and i think his u-tilt too. PMBR explain

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
That's not a fair choice, though. Clones exist because they give us a character that plays, looks, and sounds differently than the "base" character, but takes much less and resources for the development team to build.

In that case, the choice becomes "clone" vs "nothing", or perhaps an extra stage. Which do you prefer?
In that case, clone, but even so, I never liked this in any game. As I said earlier, if this game is doing DLC, depending on the extra prices, I'd rather that slot be filled by a well thought out original character. The thing with that though of course is that you start drifting into EA territory, but a game like this with 40 to 50 characters is a strong start.

Bazkip

Smash Master
By the way, if anyone cares, AMAZON HAS BOUGHT TWITCH INSTEAD OF GOOGLE. You know, thought people would be interested.
There's some discussion on this just a few posts up...

Though yeah doesn't seem like a lot of people are talking about it

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
There's some discussion on this just a few posts up...

Though yeah doesn't seem like a lot of people are talking about it
Seems like a pretty big deal. I mean I didn't like Google because of the copyright bs and possible google+ integration, and we get neither with amazon and possible cloud service. I don't see what's not to like.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Google was a rumor, nothing happened, continue talking about pkmn+chinacartons

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm hearing horror stories of Amazon prime ruining everything and basically paid services through twitch other than subscriptions.
----
I hope that there is more to this leak and we see any of the unconfirmed vets or Ridley/Mew2.
I will cry if we get Dark Pit before Ridley, Roy, or Mew2

I feel like Ridley HAS to be in. Teasing the wing on the new Metroid stage is too suspicious.

What if this leak is intentional to generate hype and attention?

Smash Illuminati Pls

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
That one time I made a post about Miiverse and ambiguous PURSE - URSE + ENTI - THE T + SAY - AY GURL pictures I was censor sidestepping, but my mind games were too slick for the likes of Hylian and Company, so it flew right over their heads.

top level encryption skills

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Censor dodging is like getting a girl pregnant.

You don't realize you've done it until everyone is on your doorstep with flowers.
Flowers to the father for conception is a thing?

Wouldn't it be more like: Censor dodging is like getting a girl pregnant, you could have played it safe and protected yourself but it just felt so good at the time to go all the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom