• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm hearing horror stories of Amazon prime ruining everything and basically paid services through twitch other than subscriptions.
----
I hope that there is more to this leak and we see any of the unconfirmed vets or Ridley/Mew2.
I will cry if we get Dark Pit before Ridley, Roy, or Mew2

I feel like Ridley HAS to be in. Teasing the wing on the new Metroid stage is too suspicious.

What if this leak is intentional to generate hype and attention?

Smash Illuminati Pls
Wasn't Ridley said to be a stage hazard in the metroid stage?
I don't get why so many people want Ridley so bad.
I personally don't care much which characters make it or don't.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
He meant that in most cases we all realise that the censor is largely unnecessary and childish, so we don't think of it when posting, and we don't think when we accidentally circumvent it.

Like geez even Runescape had opt-in censor nowadays. It's pretty draconian that we even still bother with one on this site, considering the vast majority of people who use it are not offended by adult language, and those who actually want to offend get by just fine with it in place anyways.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Maiara Walsh was such a fox...
Preach it brother.
Yeah, okay.

I think this one's pretty nice. Ooh! How about these?

I consider myself a Chinese carton enthusiast.
I have no idea why but as I was scrolling I thought these were condoms.

The fruit on the front and oddly prominent word "MILK" makes my misinterpretation even worse and more accurate.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wasn't Ridley said to be a stage hazard in the metroid stage?
I don't get why so many people want Ridley so bad.
I personally don't care much which characters make it or don't.
Reasons for Ridley
  1. two Metroid reps
  2. Many games with moveset inspiration for Ridley are available.
  3. Very popular
  4. Has his own character model
  5. Isn't Pittooey
  6. Never shown, always skirted around.
  7. Alfonzo argument, but with Meta ridley instead.
  8. In that video that could have been ridley the character, not ridley the stage boss.
  9. INB4 Charizard costume

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah, okay.

I think this one's pretty nice. Ooh! How about these?

I consider myself a Chinese carton enthusiast.
I've found another target for our resident weeabooligist's experiments I mean research. RIPIP in pepperonis.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Reasons for Ridley
  1. two Metroid reps
  3. Very popular
  5. Isn't Pittooey
  8. In that video that could have been ridley the character, not ridley the stage boss.
Knowing Smash 4 Ridley won't make it but Dark Samus will.

Mario!
Let's try Dr. Mario!

Pit!
Let's try Dark Pit!

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Reasons for Ridley
  1. two Metroid reps
  3. Very popular
  5. Isn't Pittooey
There are endless characters that could satisfy nearly all of these criteria, and "very popular" goes back to my question: Why? I also don't get why any game needs more or less reps. WHat difference does it make whether smash features one or twenty of a single game's characters?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Mew2King wants him. You need no other reason.
Edit: His final Smash could be induce PTSD! Ship that right now!
- - - - - - - -
@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 Give profanity emotes please.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
There are endless characters that could satisfy nearly all of these criteria, and "very popular" goes back to my question: Why? I also don't get why any game needs more or less reps. WHat difference does it make whether smash features one or twenty of a single game's characters?
Because Smash, at heart, is a crossover game and that's how people see it. Naturally you'd lose that special feel of a crossover game if you start making one franchise over represent the others.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
What if you have both lol?
Knowing Smash 4 Ridley won't make it but Dark Samus will.

Mario!
Let's try Dr. Mario!

Pit!
Let's try Dark Pit!
Dark Samus is an assist trophy man.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lol did lizzy this is smash 4.Ridley is totally just gonna be a Charizard clone, so of course that's what sakurai will make him!

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Dark Samus is an assist trophy man.
So is Skull Kid, but that won't stop S4DT.
Real talk I'd rather have Dark Samus as a playable character over Dr. Mario or Dark Pit.
Doc can be cool if they add more diversity, but after seeing lucina that likely isn't the case. Dark Pit could be wholly unique, but having a literal pallet swap as a character kills me.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Because Smash, at heart, is a crossover game and that's how people see it. Naturally you'd lose that special feel of a crossover game if you start making one franchise over represent the others.
Affirmative action for smash? I think it's just silly. Like, so silly I can't even begin to find the right words to express just how insignificant I feel representation is. Obviously we're never going to get to a point where the roster is half pokémon, we even have a good amount of franchises with only one rep.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm banking on dark pit having completely different specials, seeing that they're prolly trying to go for how you could customize your weapon choices in kid icarus uprising

could b neat. definitely not the worst option for a clone, anyways

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Affirmative action for smash? I think it's just silly. Like, so silly I can't even begin to find the right words to express just how insignificant I feel representation is. Obviously we're never going to get to a point where the roster is half pokémon, we even have a good amount of franchises with only one rep.
Inb4 Pokken fighters has better franchise representation than Sm4sh.

Also are you suggesting that real life affirmative action is a bad thing?
Are you ready for the fires of hell to open upon you?
I'm banking on dark pit having completely different specials, seeing that they're prolly trying to go for how you could customize your weapon choices in kid icarus uprising

could b neat. definitely not the worst option for a clone, anyways
You just made me hate Dark Pit even more because now I realize they just ported over moves that were originally custom moves for Pit. Sakurai never make a smash game again, please make a time machine and just make melee and smash 64 over and over.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Yes, I think affirmative action is silly, but that's not at all what I meant in my post.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Yes, I think affirmative action is silly, but that's not at all what I meant in my post.
Bait taken. Redirecting attention from my double post.
Would you say that you are, ever have been, or have plans in the future of becoming fascist?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Dark Pit is a fun character whether or not he offends people for being a clone. Gamers get offended by so many things I think that's ok.

Sakurai wants to represent Kid Icarus greatly in Smash 4 because he works on the franchise, just like Kirby got tons of stuff in Brawl, then more power to him.

These are good franchises so their representation is just as valid as any other.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Dark Pit is a fun character whether or not he offends people for being a clone. Gamers get offended by so many things I think that's ok.

Sakurai wants to represent Kid Icarus greatly in Smash 4 because he works on the franchise, just like Kirby got tons of stuff in Brawl, then more power to him.

These are good franchises so their representation is just as valid as any other.
I have no problem with clones like Lucina. Its that he shares no visual characteristics different from Pit. I wanted Hades as a Gannon clone or Medusa as a Palutena clone.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Therein lies the problem. How can I express my dissatisfaction at the lack of profanity without profanity?
- - - - - - - - -
On the subject of Pittooey, I now see where I have erred. If they made an original model they wouldn't have time to make a new model for the ZSS costume. Sakura has his priorities straight. :p

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Bcuz he's a ****ing badass and we need him. There's not much more to be said.

As for the second part, if you do that, then other franchise's fanbases would feel left out. Equal representation makes everyone happy, in theory. There needs to be a certain balance between series, now as to where that line is crossed is up to each. I'm personally not happy to see KI get so much love in Smash 4 while other series like DK get left in the dark. As a fan of those franchises, I'd like to see them get more love. Simple as that. That's how most people feel.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
smash4 roster sux

now we wait for the inevitable one-up from the pmdt

Lizalfos

Smash Master
How important is the animal cruelty issue really? Seems like a lot of emotions go into the arguments surrounding it.
I'm not talking about preserving the environment, that is important for easily deducible reasons.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
SWF's profanity filters are still 100% useless

why are the most basic slurs that bad smash players use allowed, but god forbid you talk about butts ASS IS A RUDE WORD

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I can definitely offend people more effectively with concepts than words. Then again this is SWF, an anagram for SFW. Kids defenately play this game, and this isn't Reddit. You do know there is a smash subreddit guys, right?

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I've chosen to disbelieve the leaks because I mean really

where's Goku

Top Bottom