• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The next world record attempt should use Project M. Then it would get amnesty from any future C&Ds because "It raised a bunch of money for charity".

SpiderMad

Smash Master
The next world record attempt should use Project M. Then it would get amnesty from any future C&Ds because "It raised a bunch of money for charity".
Fighting is Magic, EVO 2013 drive
Earlier, the software for my media mouse started dragging my volume down automatically, so I restarted and that seemed to fix it, except now my volume down button doesn't do anything at all. Life is hard.
Google how to set volume control to a hotkey, I set mine to F5; though I also got my laptops Fn+Arrow keys to use

For your mouse you might get luck using regedit

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I think Gahtzu is trying to make sure that the next guy who tries to beat his record dies in the process.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
If those videos are fake, props to the guy who worked that hard just to make a couple minutes worth of believable gameplay that would drive the internet insane.
(nothing to do with previous comments this was just my own thoughts)

Bazkip

Smash Master
Ganon in those videos is the only reason I'm desperately hoping they're fake, I don't want Brawl Ganon again ;_;

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There's nothing wrong with having healthy skepticism, which is why myself and others were asking for video footage to confirm the menu leaks which lacked any gameplay.

Now we have the proof, so acting superior about believing the leaks earlier than other people is dumb. Because it could have gone either way.

Last edited:

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Green Mario and Obese Mario weren't enough... I don't know anything from Dark Pit but the return of Doc is still odd to see to fuse a character and separate them again...

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Was kind of hoping for Bowser Jr. to be using his paintbrush.

Does this mean that Dr. Mario may be in as a separate character. If so, I am dissappoint. This is nothing against people who use Doc in Melee or PM, but for the Smash team to make him a separate character over a skin is just lazy imo

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This is nothing against people who use Doc in Melee or PM, but for the Smash team to make him a separate character over a skin is just lazy imo
It's more work for the Smash team to just import an extra model with the same hitbox and hurtbox data over making them a truly unique character?

That's the opposite of lazy by definition. Cutting Doc doesn't mean getting a new character to replace him either.

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
It's more work for the Smash team to just import an extra skin with the same hitbox and hurtbox data over making them a truly unique character?

That's the opposite of lazy by definition. Cutting Doc doesn't mean getting a new character to replace him either.
Even with the minor differences in hitboxes, power, damage, etc., it still looks really weak making a clone character (In this case, literally a clone character. It's Mario in a Doctor's outfit. I doubt he even has a PhD!)

I feel the same way about Dark Pit (if he clones Pit's moves, and I feel the same way about Metal and Baby Mario existing in MK8.

And yes, I know it was probably going to either be "Doc Mario or nobody" in that slot, but it doesn't make it less satisfying than actually putting a completely new character in that slot

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
oh god that sweet pixelated tharja booty

can't wait for the Wii U version for HD Tharja booty

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why Dr. Mario and Dark Pit tho. Literally only two complaints.
Presumably they were added near the end of development and took almost no extra effort, so they are "why not?" characters.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
People get OCD about clones, it lacks purity or something.

Melee is better with the extra characters and I doubt Smash 4 will be hurt by them either.

Top Bottom