• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

#SmashTheRecord going on now! great moments happening all the time

when i see D1, my hand automatically go to the destruction. i stroke the destruction and feel i have sex with the super fighting robot. all becoming banned

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
look, I don't care if you don't listen to the entirety of mouth silence

but. but. BUT

listen to this. right now. do it. do it. DO IT YOU LITTLE BUGGER

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I think it's actually a flashlight

I dunno maybe I'm expecting too much from it lol

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

#SmashTheRecord going on now! great moments happening all the time

when i see D1, my hand automatically go to the destruction. i stroke the destruction and feel i have sex with the super fighting robot. all becoming banned
Wat.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
inb4 angry moms call Nick and demand the show get taken off the air for teaching their children that same sex couples are okay
They should do that about the completely family-unfriendly violence the show has had since it's start, first.

Heh, Amon, you slick mofo...

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I actually do remember Irem. Months ago I was disappointed to find out that the R-Type games were delisted, but kept hope because a few ports were still showing up on Google Play/Virtual Console(in Japan)/app store. I looked up R-Type again today, and it turns out Dimensions finally made it to North America and Europe on PS3 just in May. Thanks, Tozai!

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Who else thinks that they should try putting Brawl Norfair (without lava obviously, and maybe ledge grab tweaks) into P:M? At this point it can't be any worse than all their other failed attempts at building a custom stage.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I tried to read about Brawl modding stuff, and what the PMDT does.
Impossible.
You all are Nintendo.
No way that a fan community could do this.
Conspiracy.
Nintendo is building hype around Smash.
Illuminati.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Korra actually being a lesbian(or bi) would explain/lend credence to a lot. It'd be cool, too.
...She'd take the lead often.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I love the road to el dorado. It's one of my favorite American animations, up there with the lion king and the incredibles.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm reading about programming languages and I was wondering if there is any real reason to learn assembly if you are purely working on computers. Don't certain high-level programs have the ability to work on a low level too?

Arrow (Kyle)

Smash Apprentice
I'd suggest at least learning the basics of assembly, though it isn't needed by any means it is just useful info to have in that field.

I do Repair/IT work career wise myself and I'm slowly teaching myself programming a bit at a time.

KunchieMunchie

Smash Cadet
I think that attacks should be able to break through Falco's lasers in exchange for a buff to his pitiful recovery.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ PMS | Tink-er PMS | Tink-er Well basically there are levels for programing languages based on how close it is to the machine level.
The lowest level is machine code which looks like ones and zeros.
Then there is assembly code which is readable if you are a human.
After that there is High level which is all of your languages like Java and stuff.
I know there is 4th gen language that has to do something with networks and so forth, but I'm not that knowledgeable.​

You can do things in high level languages that need several lines in assembly or, god forbid, tons of machine code.
I think that attacks should be able to break through Falco's lasers in exchange for a buff to his pitiful recovery.
NEVER (How do I color this red with the blood of Kunchie?)
--------------------
My friends are going to a tournament without me because I forgot about it and never planned, feels kinda bad.
--------------------
Idk if @Warchamp7 did something to fix it, or if I've been doing it wrong the whole time, but indents are finally working the way I thought they would, so thanks. :)

Big thanks to everyone who liked my stupid conspiracy post btw. I got a badge/trophy/egoboost.
-------------------
Terrible rain finally stopped. Dog is panting less. Survival is successful for today, enough supplies to allow procrastination for another 2 days.
-End Log August 23, 2014

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I took a basic Java class, and I'll be continuing with data structures soon, but I have to learn the big bad C++ as well because that's what my friends decided on using for our project. Programming is cool but so much work.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm taking AP Computer Science right now, so all the stuff I'm saying is what I've read in the past week.
Book learning is too strong guys, super fast, unless you keep getting distracted and read reeealy slowly, like me.

Last edited:

Arrow (Kyle)

Smash Apprentice
I'm taking AP Computer Science right now, so all the stuff I'm saying is what I've read in the past week.
Book learning is too strong guys, super fast, unless you keep getting distracted and read reeealy slowly, like me.
Hands on is so much better when learning computer based stuff, for me anyway.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hands on is fun, but when stuff goes wrong it kinda sucks. Last year I was into dabbling with really basic programming stuff. I mostly tired out HTML and JavaScript, but one day I decided to download the JDK. The Java website had some basic tutorials for me to try, so I went straight into getting the compiler to work (what's an IDE?) and making the basic hello world program. Well that site hadn't been updated apparently, so I kept giving the wrong version number when I was putting the file location of the stuff into the windows command shell (what is an IDE??). That is the story of how I wasted a week of summer vacation trying to do hands on before reading much anything before starting to do programing. I would have downloaded Eclipse if I had just read enough to know what an IDE was, and then I wouldn't have had to bother with the command shell at all. Notepad is a cool program guys, but I have learned that there are definitely better tools out there.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Who else thinks that they should try putting Brawl Norfair (without lava obviously, and maybe ledge grab tweaks) into P:M? At this point it can't be any worse than all their other failed attempts at building a custom stage.
Back when Brawl came out, I thought Norfair (minus the lava) had the coolest design ever. Don't know how well it would work in a Melee environment tho. It'd probably be a gimp-fest. You'd be in a constant state of edge guarding.

I'm willing to try 3.5 Norfair. It looks like it might be a really solid stage.

Top Bottom