• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
It seems like Nintendo's one of the few companies that can get away with that sort of thing simply because it's Ninty.

For a new Zelda game, Nintendo shouldn't even call it Zelda. Maybe instead of Link as the main character, we can have it be someone else, like a wolf. Maybe instead of Hyrule we could set it somewhere original, like feudal Japan. And then maybe instead of collecting tools to access new dungeons and areas, you learn magic spells that are cast by, I don't know, painting funny shapes with a magic brush.

Actually... that's pretty cool idea. I should e-mail it to them.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I give the vid a 6/10

Wasn't very funny, not saying that just because I loved Ocarina of time.

Viewing the video as a legitimate comparison it's mostly his preferences along with slight inconveniences that are blown out of proportion. It's Arin though, so that's to be expected.

Only thing I really agreed with in the vid was his segment on zelda 1 and ALBW.

I'm amazed he didn't bother to do Zelda 1 to Zelda 2.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It seems like Nintendo's one of the few companies that can get away with that sort of thing simply because it's Ninty.
I don't think every game needs to be massive overhauls, if I wanted that, i'd probably play a different game / game series.

As long as they make some noticeable changes, and provide an interesting story, but keep it's core intact, I don't really mind.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Just watched somebody get called a racist on GameFAQs for not liking how much of an anime stereotype Lana from Hyrule Warriors is.

-closes tab, inserts shotgun into mouth-

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
is lana the blue haired girl cause she is very stereotypical of anime or manga
or really just japan in general as per the western viewpoint
but whatever

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
a lot of his points are accurate though. OoT did have tons of enemies that just sit there and defend, tons of pointless text, and the items from the dungeon being required for the boss. I still love the game though.

ALttP was obviously a faster game. You don't get harassed constantly by text in that game.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I don't think every game needs to be massive overhauls, if I wanted that, i'd probably play a different game / game series.

As long as they make some noticeable changes, and provide an interesting story, but keep it's core intact, I don't really mind.
Never said that, I'm saying most other companies just wouldn't get away with it as easy.

Imagine if Valve released Half Life 2 and then released Half Life 3 a few years later with nearly the exact same plot but better graphics, different level design, maybe like one new gun, and some special gimmick to the game to make it unique. People would've thought they'd gone ****ing mad.

Last edited:

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Never said that, I'm saying most other companies just wouldn't get away with it as easy.

Imagine if Valve released Half Life 2 and then released Half Life 3 a few years later with nearly the exact same plot but better graphics, different level design, maybe like one new gun, and some special gimmick to the game to make it unique. People would've thought they'd gone ****ing mad.
Are you referring to Left 4 Dead 2?

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
Just popped by to ask a quick question that doesn't seem worth making its own thread for.

Is there a reason All-Star Versus isn't on the PM website? I only just found out about it because it wasn't up there.

Oh, and the new costumes look great btw. Really digging Light-suit Samus and Classic Pit.

i have two choices

re-read homestuck

or

marathon baccano,knk,jojo, and nge

help
You haven't seen NGE? Watch it this instant you mongrel it is the pinnacle of anime, the greatest of arts.

But seriously, you should watch it. It's very good. Just don't watch any of the Rebuild movies until after you've seen the original series.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior

I wouldn't even be mad.

...okay, maybe a little.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

Basically every company gets away with just making their new game in a series a prettier version of the last with a tweaked story.
Companies that actually try to branch out and create new experiences each time find themselves with sales that are absolutely dwarfed by the rehashed games.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Well you know how we deal with opinions here, Saito.

Ganon dittos.
I'd be down for that if I had some netplay.

tfw no good computer
tfw family member spilt apple juice on my laptop (today) and it's keyboard + mouse doesn't work anymore
tfw brother's laptop hard drive recently went out
tfw mother's laptop has had issues for a long while

Having bad computer luck + bad computers in general is suffering.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
If the game's fun, I don't complain. I just tend to enjoy Nintendo games more.

Like if I got a sequel to Super Mario 3D World and it's the exact same mechanics with different creative levels doing things that fixed some of the flaws of the first, I would buy it immediately. Why? Because playing Super Mario 3D World was ridiculously fun to play with friends. Just playing that game in my dorm room made a few people who I don't really talk to try it out, and we had tons of fun together and we became friends. Like even with jocks who don't play video games and people who hate Nintendo and usually only play COD. We all loved playing the game together. As soon as we were done co-oping the game, we sat back and said, "Man I wish this game had more levels."

So in a sense, I guess Nintendo can get away with this. But it doesn't matter to me, because the most important thing that I'm getting is fun. And I'm not trying to act hipster or anything, I see where you guys are coming from. But this is really how I'm starting feel with games nowadays.

/opinions

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
If the game's fun, I don't complain. I just tend to enjoy Nintendo games more.

Like if I got a sequel to Super Mario 3D World and it's the exact same mechanics with different creative levels doing things that fixed some of the flaws of the first, I would buy it immediately. Why? Because playing Super Mario 3D World was ridiculously fun to play with friends. Just playing that game in my dorm room made a few people who I don't really talk to try it out, and we had tons of fun together and we became friends. Like even with people who don't play video games and people who hate Nintendo. We all loved playing the game together. As soon as we were done co-oping the game, we sat back and said, "Man I wish this game had more levels."

So in a sense, I guess Nintendo can get away with this. But it doesn't matter to me, because the most important thing that I'm getting is fun. And I'm not trying to act hipster or anything, I see where you guys are coming from. But this is really how I'm starting feel with games nowadays.

/opinions
The problem with Nintendo games is that I love them too much.

Like, you re-release SM3DW with literally no changes besides playable Wario and I'd buy it in a heartbeat, despite spending $50+ on the same game a few months ago.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I can understand that.

Heck, you all saw me freaking out with people when Hoenn was confirmed, so I'm guilty of it too.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

/facts
I fixed it.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I'd be down for that if I had some netplay.

tfw no good computer
tfw family member spilt apple juice on my laptop (today) and it's keyboard + mouse doesn't work anymore
tfw brother's laptop hard drive recently went out
tfw mother's laptop has had issues for a long while

Having bad computer luck + bad computers in general is suffering.
Who needs netplay, come over here by plane

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
no it's not
Are you going to elaborate on why or are you just gonna leave it at that and not add to anything?
Traveling to places AND hunting for side quests is much slower in WW than it is on OOT because the boat isn't very quick(it was sped up in the HD version via the swift sail), and the Great Sea is probably the largest overworld in all of Zelda. Not a good combination IMO. I mean I love WW's dungeons(the ones that are there), I like the colors and the art style, but I don't like the sailing for this very reason.

Did you just quote Yahtzee? I could've swore I heard him say that before in that L4D2/NSMBWii review.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Are you going to elaborate on why or are you just gonna leave it at that and not add to anything?
Traveling to places AND hunting for side quests is much slower in WW than it is on OOT because the boat isn't very quick(it was sped up in the HD version via the swift sail), and the Great Sea is probably the largest overworld in all of Zelda. Not a good combination IMO. I mean I love WW's dungeons(the ones that are there), I like the colors and the art style, but I don't like the sailing for this very reason.
Imo I liked the sea because it made the world seem big, and the sea itself was pretty treacherous. You had enemies, tornadoes, storms, submarines, ships, sunken treasure, FISH, giant squid, etc. Sailing and looking at an island in the distance and saying "hey, I'd like to explore that!" and sailing towards it is something that I loved doing. I mean I know sailing wasn't particularly flawless, but people act like it's the bane of everything and I just can't help but disagree.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
lets talk about shipping
or
alternatively
shipping
or
how ive been typing like i do in skype
and
the implications that this has
on the necessity of punctuation
considering that
this is still completely legible without any
punctuation

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
lets talk about shipping
or
alternatively
shipping
or
how ive been typing like i do in skype
and
the implications that this has
on the necessity of punctuation
considering that
this is still completely legible without any
punctuation
I'm glad I don't have you on skype, that's one of my pet peeves. The worst is when someone texts like that.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I think Ness could trade some of his stuff with Lucas', like PKT1 and uthrow.

Vashimus

Smash Master

Did you just quote Yahtzee? I could've swore I heard him say that before in that L4D2/NSMBWii review.
Aye, I did.

SpaceJello

Smash Apprentice
I think Ness could trade some of his stuff with Lucas', like PKT1 and uthrow.
wtf no that sounds broken as hell.lucas pkt1 on ness means pk thunder cannot be inturrupted plus hitbox plus no trading with it early. pls give ness movement speed OR ohko pkfire

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
wtf no that sounds broken as hell.lucas pkt1 on ness means pk thunder cannot be inturrupted plus hitbox plus no trading with it early. pls give ness movement speed OR ohko pkfire
I wish that youre joking

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
That's the point. Lucas' becomes easily interruptible if he does it below the ledge, and edgeguarding Ness stops being a complete joke.

Top Bottom