• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

1FD

Smash Ace

Or alternatively you could count the smash brothers documentary as a movie.
Jiggs makes the scariest sound ever, immediately followed by Wolf fingering the viewer at 50:10
Didn't know Smash was a horror flick...

Spritied is my favorite movie, and I dislike anime. Studio Ghibli is realllyyyy good.
The best there is.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
no one besides me plays big boy magic?

;_;
Legacy is my format of choice by a long shot.
4 Goblin Lackey
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin Matron
4 Goblin Ringleader
4 Goblin Warchief
2 Goblin Chieftain
3 Mogg War Marshal
2 Krenko, Mob Boss
1 Tuktuk Scrapper

4 Aether Vial
3 Tarfire
2 Warren Weirding

4 Rishadan Port
4 Wasteland
4 Cavern of Souls
2 Badlands
1 Plateau
3 Mountain
3 Scalding Tarn
2 Arid Mesa

Sideboard
1 Goblin Sharpshooter
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Rest in Peace
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Engineered Plague
4 Thoughtseize
2 Red Elemental Blast

4 Mother of Runes
4 Stoneforge Mystic
4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Phyrexian Revoker
3 Flickerwisp
2 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
2 Serra Avenger
2 Mangara of Corondor
1 Aven Mindcensor

4 AEther Vial
4 Swords to Plowshares
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Batterskull
1 Sword of Fire and Ice

4 Rishadan Port
4 Wasteland
4 Karakas
2 Horizon Canopy
9 Plains

Sideboard
2 Enlightened Tutor
2 Rest in Peace
1 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Meekstone
1 Holy Light
2 Wilt-Leaf Liege
1 Serenity
2 Cataclysm

These are my favorite decks, and together comprise my own personal collection largely. Nothing too impressive as far as Legacy collections are concerned, but Vial is probably my favorite card. Kind of funny that I like to play "little kid" Magic when I play "big boy" Magic.

Between some friends and myself I can have access to various Delver decks, Grixis being my personal choice to play when I'm feeling kind of blue.
4 Young Pyromancer
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Deathrite Shaman
1 Grim Lavamancer

4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Stifle
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
1 Shared Discovery

4 Wasteland
1 Tropical Island
3 Volcanic Island
2 Underground Sea
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Misty Rainforest

Sideboard
1 Marsh Casualties
2 Mizzium Skin
1 Ancient Grudge
2 Pyroblast
4 Cabal Therapy
2 Surgical Extraction
1 Dismember
1 Llawan, Cephalid Empress
1 Grafdigger's Cage

1FD

Smash Ace
4 Stoneforge Mystic
I only recognized what 'big boy magic' was after seeing this.
A local won a national tourney or something in the M10ish block area with a white+artifact deck that had a couple Stoneforge Mystics in it. He picked up the game for like a few months and won a big thing then quit.
Tomorrow I'm going to eat the second hottest pepper known to man
Same dude won a spice eating contest a long time ago when everybody else almost died.

**** that guy he's stupid AND RUINS EVERYTHING.

Nice Smash 4 Icons WarDchampJamesNaux7

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anyone know if it's possible to make a launcher that can switch between PM full builds? Like, you know the PM Launcher we have now. Like that but it can boot up different full packs, switch between them? Because that would be legit. I know there's plans for the PM Launcher to be able to switch between Full and Wi-Fi safe, so maybe there's something there.

My idea would be to have different folders on the root of the SD card, each containing a full set of projectm and codes folders and a gameconfig.txt or whatever. Then the launcher would use that folder as a virtual SD card root or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

These are my favorite decks, and together comprise my own personal collection largely.
you can make a reasonable argument to put thalia maindeck in gobbos. legacy is at the point where people understand that blue wins. thalia turns your combo MUs into winnable at a fairly low opportunity cost.

young pyro sucks just like SFM sucks. just play goyf.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
So I finally realized why I like Nintendudes play so much. It doesn't center around judgement. He only went for a judgement hit once, which makes gdubs seem a lot less gimmicky. I mean nine kills are hype but when someobdy only sets up for a nine and then repeatedly just gets not 9s it's kinda a hype kill.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
So I finally realized why I like Nintendudes play so much. It doesn't center around judgement. He only went for a judgement hit once, which makes gdubs seem a lot less gimmicky. I mean nine kills are hype but when someobdy only sets up for a nine and then repeatedly just gets not 9s it's kinda a hype kill.
nintendude is amazing. so very much so.

next death battle yall........ and since i already seen it.
I ****ing knew blastoise would win

don't open ^ unless u seen it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I posted that death battle 2 days ago lol but it was a interesting death battle to say the least.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Ooohhh magic talk
this is my deck that I want to eventually build when I stop spending money on controllers and save like 50 bucks to get the scry manas and Thassas.

[DECK]
3x Aqueous Form
3x Dissolve
3x Divination
2x Lost in a Labyrinth
4x Magma Jet
3x Stymied Hopes
4x Titan's Strength
2x Voyage's End

8x Island
6x Mountain
4x Temple of Deceit
3x Temple of Triumph

4x Flamespeaker Adept
4x Omenspeaker
4x Spellheart Chimera
2x Thassa, God of the Sea

Its pretty bad but its an affordable deck that I want for whenever my friends want to play magic. I Really enjoyed the scry mechanic and flamespeaker adept blows it out of the water.

I like how its a straightforward budget deck thats still decent enough to have good control in addition to hitting pretty hard.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
you can make a reasonable argument to put thalia maindeck in gobbos. legacy is at the point where people understand that blue wins. thalia turns your combo MUs into winnable at a fairly low opportunity cost.

I think it's fair to say almost no one else here understands half of what is said here. Also, may I ask why you believe Pyromancer is bad? Sure he's easy to kill, but he's an awesome token generator for burn decks that makes a double threat and it only gets worse when you have more than one copy of him on the battlefield.
-
Oh hey, Magic guys, don't forget there's a new set coming out very soon! Here's a little article relating to the visual spoilers of the new set. Enjoy!

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I'm looking for an animated picture of Falco doing Dair and it plays some sort of remix of sound effects and commentary in the background.

It was hilarious... and I can't find it :(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

For sure on Thalia. I actually flip flop between her in the main or not, but at the moment the locals that I've been to as of late haven't had too many combo decks (mostly Delver, Jund, Miracles, Maverick) so I've been getting away with her in the side. She does work in blue matchups in general, but Goblins junks fair blue decks anyways; if there was more combo in my local meta I would move her back into the main for sure.
My current 60 is really just trying to be as consistent as possible game 1:
- Thalia in the main dilutes Ringleader which is among your best cards in a fair matchup, giving you a significantly better lategame presence than other fair decks
- Matron toolbox is limited to just Scrapper, I see Scrapper as a necessity but utility goblins just feel bad to draw naturally, and if really needed you can have access to them post board
- Krenko replaces Siege-Gang Commander because ticking Vial up to 5 is miserable, and getting five mana the old fashioned way is just plain hard. The difference between dropping Krenko or Siege-Gang off of Lackey is pretty small tbh, and Krenko's ability to exponentially grow is absurd given a turn or two. Krenko with any haste lord is generally GG against any non-combo deck
- Gempalm Incinerator is shotty at best considering you need board position and your opponent can often just remove a goblin or two in response to make Incinerator whiff. Tarfire and Warren Weirding handle any threat you realistically need to answer

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub

I'm sorry I'm such a **** today
For sure on Thalia. I actually flip flop between her in the main or not, but at the moment the locals that I've been to as of late haven't had too many combo decks (mostly Delver, Jund, Miracles, Maverick) so I've been getting away with her in the side. She does work in blue matchups in general, but Goblins junks fair blue decks anyways; if there was more combo in my local meta I would move her back into the main for sure.
My current 60 is really just trying to be as consistent as possible game 1:
- Thalia in the main dilutes Ringleader which is among your best cards in a fair matchup, giving you a significantly better lategame presence than other fair decks
- Matron toolbox is limited to just Scrapper, I see Scrapper as a necessity but utility goblins just feel bad to draw naturally, and if really needed you can have access to them post board
- Krenko replaces Siege-Gang Commander because ticking Vial up to 5 is miserable, and getting five mana the old fashioned way is just plain hard. The difference between dropping Krenko or Siege-Gang off of Lackey is pretty small tbh, and Krenko's ability to exponentially grow is absurd given a turn or two. Krenko with any haste lord is generally GG against any non-combo deck
- Gempalm Incinerator is shotty at best considering you need board position and your opponent can often just remove a goblin or two in response to make Incinerator whiff. Tarfire and Warren Weirding handle any threat you realistically need to answer
Plum, out of curiosity what format of MTG do you play?

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just removed the membrane pad in my L trigger. This eliminates its ability to full-press.

So now my L button is purely analog and my R button is purely digital. I think this might work out great actually.

It means when I L-cancel I can't accidentally full-press it during the heat of battle and mess up my tech window. But I still have a digital input option on the R trigger, which I use for wavedashing (makes the timing so much easier), air-dodging, cancelling stuff like Sheik's needles, etc. I only ever used L for L-canceling anyway, so it should be fine.

I'm legit falling in love with this controller. I need to find a state where we can get married or something.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I just removed the membrane pad in my L trigger. This eliminates its ability to full-press.

So now my L button is purely analog and my R button is purely digital. I think this might work out great actually.

It means when I L-cancel I can't accidentally full-press it during the heat of battle and mess up my tech window. But I still have a digital input option on the R trigger, which I use for wavedashing (makes the timing so much easier), air-dodging, should-cancelling stuff like Sheik's needles, etc. I only ever used L for L-canceling anyway, so it should be fine.

I'm legit falling in love with this controller. I need to find a state where we can get married or something.
I've been doing this with my control for a while
it make power sheilding falco lasers stupid easy in Melee. In PM I use it for faster dacus's or a footstool button depending on what layout I'm using that day

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ 9bit 9bit I thought your controller was already amazing, and you opened it up again to do this just " in case" you might full press L?

I've been doing this with my control for a while
it make power sheilding falco lasers stupid easy in Melee. In PM I use it for faster dacus's or a footstool button depending on what layout I'm using that day
Power shield? You mean you removed the spring then, 9bit removed the digital press' membrane to be able to register. Let me get a picture. I also don't understand how anything would help you get a faster dacus/footstool, they trigger on light press when you have the attack/footstool set to the trigger

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
@ 9bit 9bit I thought your controller was already amazing, and you opened it up again to do this just " in case" you might full press L?

Power shield? You mean you removed the spring then, 9bit removed the digital press' membrane to be able to register. Let me get a picture
Oh yeah I removed the spring. I didn't know that removing the membrane was an option. this is interesting

SpiderMad

Smash Master

Here's what I believe the digital press looks like, though I'm not sure what exactly he removed.

You can see it easily here at the bottom of the shoulder on the other side with the wires attached

The light press works off pulling down the analog trigger, the spring keeps it pushed out and when you press down the hole as shown is made over the trigger latch and pulls it down. I believe when you remove your spring it doesn't register anything except to the points it's already pressed down when you plug your controller in (You can do this on a normal controller by X+Y+Start while you hold in the trigger for 3 seconds and it won't register)

Here you can see the latches that the plastic holes are put over to pull down

Here's 9bit on his spacer he has for R to push the hard press farther out while his spring is also removed http://smashboards.com/threads/any-...ler-modifications.335701/page-2#post-16168790

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I started actually paying attention and realized I full-press a lot when I L-cancel. And since I literally do nothing with L besides L-cancel, I figured hey, why not just remove the membrane and solve the problem lol

I can't think of any problems that might come up, off the top of my head, but I'm keeping an eye out in case this backfires in some way.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Speaking of L-cancelling - I may be the only player I know of that never uses L for L-cancelling, in fact I do "R-cancelling". As you can see my puns need work...

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad & @ Soft Serve Soft Serve This is what I did:

Note: these example images are from a 3rd party controller, your parts may be different colors.

First, open the controller and remove the shoulder button shield:

View of controller half with shield removed:

Take out the entire shoulder button mechanism:

The circled bit is the membrane, it comes out of that bit where the arrow points

Close up of the membrane and the enclosure:

I just put the whole thing back together without that membrane. Boom. Done.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm going to have to experiment with this. Removing the membrane is interesting, and so was the post a few weeks/months ago about someone putting in spacers so the full press happened sooner. I have like 12 controllers worth of parts and shells just sitting in my dorm so I think I'll experiment with it tomorrow.

Also @ 9bit 9bit I didn't recognize the mebrane at first because all of mine are white/grey and the piece it sits in are black. Do you know if that was a difference in just when it was made? Or was it a silver controller thing? I've noticed from opening up older controllers than the membranes for the face buttons are different materials and a different color than newer ones.

Top Bottom