• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
honestly, if "for glory" had the japanese brawl trio of FD/BF/SV it could work

or maybe just have the PS2 layout. PS2's layout consists of about 90% of the starter picks people actually choose in PM so

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

------------------------

Now on a more serious point.

Greninja comes from the newest Pokemon games, and if you don't know about it then you don't believe hard enough. Get a copy and learn.

Also goes to show that the characters we least expect can make it in.

Online mode =/= How a tournament would run.
Aka "For Glory mode" has no effect on the competitive scene.

Im seeing good potential.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ok it might be better offline, but I seriously don't know anymore.

Who knows what a pain in the *** customizing things will be.
Yeah, I hear you're going to have to go through menus, maybe even more than one menu, and select on or off for things.
****ING UNBELIEVABLE SAKURAI HATES US.

use common sense before drawing conclusions people
it makes the world a better place

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

My tears are real and dried up fast also I swear that in the direct that Zero Suit Samus did some Chun Li TVC/MVC3 Up kicks or Cammy's Sprial Arrow or something also. Shiek got grenades IDK what to say about that.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

aesthetically, villager's downb just might be my most favorite thing

carryin around a giant phantom in my pocket, nbd

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Overall, the game is looking amazing. The character changes all make sense. Characters being separated and rebalanced accordingly, characters receiving direct nerfs or extra little moves. I can totally feel Bandai-Namco's influence there.

It's just kind of saddening seeing some people watch and all they really take from it is "Looks Brawlish. F*ck that".

Now where's @ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon so she can freak out.

Last edited:

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Because I know that ol' Jiggs is coming back (I think he said somewhere that the original 12 aren't being removed at all), I'm hoping this move comes back with Full Peterbilt-like ramming power:

Anyways, I think this was a pretty good reveal! At least we get a sense of how Smash 4 will play now.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
There's so much stuff I want to talk about, but I don't know where to start. :confused:

I think Sakurai might have stumbled upon the Fox only, FD meme and took it seriously. To think that FD is the only stage he considers to be competitive, smh.

ALSO, I just remembered. HALBERD IS BACK, *******!!!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah I appreciate the effort that Sakurai took to make the online experience better, but we play on more than FD. Letting us choose between FD and BF would've been great. He's misguided, but once again, I appreciate the effort.

The hypocrisy behind the FD only saying is that in 90% of Basic Brawl matches(which is basically casual matches all the time) take place on Final Destination....

so yeah.

>_>

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
LOL at all the people who tried to tell me that Mewtwo would be in Smash 4 just because he got some fancy Mega Evolution this gen.
They must feel so damn salty.
Like come on now. A character gets taken out in the sequel only to be put back into the series a game later? Pfffft.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
guys

think about what you're complaining about with for glory mode

it's online

on

line

remember the online? the thing no one takes seriously?

yeah.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I know people are complaining about the stage limitations of glory mode, but it really is just a simple update to expand the stage list. It's not a permanent thing if it ever needs to be changed.

And having different versions of FD looks ****ing amazing.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's pretty good from what I heard assuming both parties have computers that can run it well for long periods of time.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I like Sakurai as a person (from what I know of him) and I know he's trying, but I feel like a negative reaction to his dumb ideas is a good thing, he needs to know he's doing it wrong when he's very clearly doing it wrong.

In any online game I can jump into a basic match and have fun with randoms if need be, but without some tweaks I can't play "the real game" and the quick match option is a different new game entirely. Sure there are ways around every issue possibly, we hope, but I wish he just understood the basics without the need to say these things.

Last edited:

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Speaking of online, how laggy is netplay for the P:M emulator? I'm thinking about getting it since no one around here wants to play me.
It's about as good as it can get. A good connection is similar to HDTV lag, I'm told, but to me it's mostly imperceptible. The only thing I can't do online is powershield.

Obviously, you need to have a solid computer, mainly in CPU power.

Btw the new ZSS design looks ****ing HOT.
I really like her boobs.

... Let me rephrase that.

I really like how her suit bridges her cleavage, rather than looking like it's painted on.

I also really like her boobs, but that goes without saying. Are they bigger? They look bigger.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I like Sakurai as a person (from what I know of him) and I know he's trying, but I feel like a negative reaction to his dumb ideas is a good thing, he needs to know he's doing it wrong when he's very clearly doing it wrong.

In any online game I can jump into a basic match and have fun with randoms if need be, but without some tweaks I can't play "the real game" and the quick match option is a different new game entirely. Sure there are ways around every issue possibly, we hope, but I wish he just understood the basics without the need to say these things.
You mean you can't play the real game as determined by the fans.

Competitive smash is not the only way to play this game, and Sakurai knows this.

He gave a throw out to competitive people with the For Glory mode, but obviously he isn't well versed in the metagame of smash. That's fine. He acknowledges us at least.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I am VERY impressed with this. It's like Sakurai has been thinking about or watching the community. I'm not sure how I feel about every "for glory" fight being a "Final Destination" fight. I'd appreciate more variety, like Battlefield and such, throw some platforms in there. We'll have to see how it all turns out. Also, They need to give WiiFit Trainer a Solaire skin! I'll have to get a WiiU for this...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
ZSS looks amazing in smash 4.

Like seriously.

Also No more transformations. Completely okay with this.

LASTLY
WTB > Smash 4 final destination for Project M.

SOMEONE HAS TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
yo if you make friends you still can play matches that have no items and aren't fd

I just hope that the common trope of stage transformations is closer to the transformations of fod and dracula's rather than halberd or delfino

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah I appreciate the effort that Sakurai took to make the online experience better, but we play on more than FD. Letting us choose between FD and BF would've been great. He's misguided, but once again, I appreciate the effort.

The hypocrisy behind the FD only saying is that in 90% of Basic Brawl matches(which is basically casual matches all the time) take place on Final Destination....

so yeah.

>_>
People forgot about this but the reason why is that some stages online lagged hard and thus making online even worse so that's why FD/BD and SV seen alot of use in basic brawl also taunt parties were all over the place later on.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
I love how people bash For Glory mode when it's for With anyone and if you play with friends you can still make your own rules

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Literally just waiting for Sakurai to do something like....

Melee style air dodge for Wii U
Brawl style air dodge for 3ds

Yes I know they showed brawl style air dodge in the Wii U trailers, but they said that was still subject to change. So hope for wavedashing ;_;

Top Bottom