• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
I suspect the Miiverse is going Bat**** crazy (in disgust) over the water Shiek reveal.

Still, any idea who is this XY Pokemon is?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so

little mac, a character that has only a flawless ground game, and his disadvantages are "good at nothing else", is guaranteed A-tier at worst

because that "for glory" mode uses the one stage that doesn't require much jumping, and only that one stage

GGs

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, I have totally heard of this water Sheik pokemans. Grinja Ninja. So cool, so hype. Did you see all the... pokemon stuff it was doing!? My god, it was very pokemon.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
game looks too floaty still. auto snapping ledges still in. reverse ledge grabbing still in.

not for me sadly

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Holy ****, did Sakurai just ruin smash?

I mean seriously, FINAL DESTINATION ONLY is he an idiot or something? No more switchable options like items on or off?

Project M wins the Smash scene, this is it folks.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'll be for sure getting Smash 4 for my 3DS but as of yet nothing screams "buy a Wii U now!" to me.
And really, I'm buying it for my 3DS for the "Mario Kart" experience that it will provide as a great portable game. Not because it's going to be the next coming of competitive Smash.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It seems like in the FOR FUN mode you are forced to use items and in the FOR GLORY mode you can't use them. And FOR GLORY is all Final Destination with different backgrounds.

I mean it seriously looks like Sakurai misunderstood the needs of the competitive community and ruined what we loved about Smash.

SunJester

Smash Ace
So to slow down the hype train a bit.

"For Glory" Mode. Seriously? That's a joke that has been thrown at the competitive scene for years, and Sakurai made it a game-mode.

This man still hates us guys, clearly.

Edit: And I understand, while playing friends, you can make your own ruleset, but, its more the symbolic nature of this mode than anything.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Please tell me this is just a misconception and that Items On/Off isn't seriously restricted between the two modes (of which the second mode completely eliminates all stage factors, including more interesting pieces like platform layout). Like, I'll give some credit for trying but that's a major miss right there.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nah, it's still customizable. what we're talking about is the two public online modes, here. you can still do w/e locally, and ditto with friend fights, so if worst comes to worst, there's still some progress I suppose

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
nah, it's still customizable. what we're talking about is the two public online modes, here. you can still do w/e locally, and ditto with friend fights, so if worst comes to worst, there's still some progress I suppose
in other words people are ******** about a mode they probably wont even play

good to know.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
tbh what I am more intrigued by is that the 3DS version runs at a full 60fps. well, uh, TECHNICALLY, items/assist stuff don't but fighters do.

3DS smash can be a real thing. hmmm

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i still can't believe that there are people complaining

i have this facebook page open

full of melee players

just complaining about the new smash game

****tards imo

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
I like a lot of the things I saw, even though it is very Brawlish. I would definitely be more inclined to give this a try if I didn't have to use wireless Wii U controllers instead of a more gamecube-like controller.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If people think the update isn't great, I'm sure calling people ******* is gonna change their mind.

#GoFreeSSBB.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
The best thing about this direct is that Ridley now has no reason to not be playable in PM.

But damn, Smash 4 looks great. Quite the upgrade from Brawl.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
My only real concern was these two modes until seeing confirmation that they straight up just apply to online only. Because that would make absolutely no sense to remove customization from the main game. Other than that? I like the attention to character details (Link's back roll being a backflip makes so much sense) and some nerfed recoveries here and there. ****ing rocketboots ZSS is a thing.

It's never gonna replace Melee/PM, that much is obvious but I like what I'm seeing and I'm looking forward to exploring the game.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
There was so much Sakurai trolling in this direct. Also lol@ Pong assist.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
so

little mac, a character that has only a flawless ground game, and his disadvantages are "good at nothing else", is guaranteed A-tier at worst

because that "for glory" mode uses the one stage that doesn't require much jumping, and only that one stage

GGs
It seems like in the FOR FUN mode you are forced to use items and in the FOR GLORY mode you can't use them. And FOR GLORY is all Final Destination with different backgrounds.

I mean it seriously looks like Sakurai misunderstood the needs of the competitive community and ruined what we loved about Smash.
If this is the case then better start making private rooms/lobbies if there is any but yeah that FD all over that place was like WTF. HE had a good idea then kinda flew mud at faces as well and FD lol I haven't seen FD in tournies for brawl anymore it's all Smashville and Battlefield now. Melee I still final destination more but not as much.

I like a lot of the things I saw, even though it is very Brawlish. I would definitely be more inclined to give this a try if I didn't have to use wireless Wii U controllers instead of a more gamecube-like controller.
Honesty be prepared to faced this future and if we are forced to used converters that may have lag to them and/or use wireless controllers for small to medium sized tournies and do it like the NRS and 3d communities especially for Tekken.

Top Bottom