• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When I spell-check correct a word in Chrome it resets my sentence's font to be small.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cexwbga
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cey2tia
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cey4jtk
This was pretty inspiring, also gonna have to read the books he mentions here http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cey3z2x
I still wish Mango did more analysis videos, I'd say he's the most inspiring/heartening even though Dr. Pee Pee has insight being analytical.

I was also thinking today, how/who people wavedash with R: It's very detrimental to my actions/dexterity with my button hand. Also wondered if Left handed/Right handed had to do with it, if beginning characters influence people to use Y over X, and why some people don't use the C-stick much at all: which both Mango and I think Dr.PP don't.

I still have some hope for Godzilla Destroy All Monsters to get into EVO, but each stream we've exposed a bunch of my classic games to be more broken than I thought.

Also I need to get better recording equipment - any of you blokes, got a suggestion on what to use to replace a Hauppauge that could record Wii gameplay?
I believe you have a Hauppauge sir

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Just...started watching a new sort of anime (only had 3 episodes available). I think you've all probably heard/seen the series.
*attempted attention grabbing

Also I need to get better recording equipment - any of you blokes, got a suggestion on what to use to replace a Hauppauge that could record Wii gameplay?
What anime is it? There's a lot of them this season.

Also the Avermedia works as a nice sub for the Hauppauge, it costs approx. $180.

Last edited:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You guys took out facial expressions from Link and Fox to make them non laggy? Isn't there another thing you can do? It's not bad, but I'm sure there should be other fixes
No, they don't exist because it wasn't something we were able to accomplish in time.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
What anime is it? There's a lot of them this season.

Also the Avermedia works as a nice sub for the Hauppauge, it costs approx. $180.
It's not really new, just to clarify. But I started the .Hack series

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
When I spell-check correct a word in Chrome it resets my sentence's font to be small.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cexwbga
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cey2tia
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cey4jtk
This was pretty inspiring, also gonna have to read the books he mentions here http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c..._dr_peepee_winner_of_apex_2014_ask_me/cey3z2x
I still wish Mango did more analysis videos, I'd say he's the most inspiring/heartening even though Dr. Pee Pee has insight being analytical.

I was also thinking today, how/who people wavedash with R: It's very detrimental to my actions/dexterity with my button hand. Also wondered if Left handed/Right handed had to do with it, if beginning characters influence people to use Y over X, and why some people don't use the C-stick much at all: which both Mango and I think Dr.PP don't.

I still have some hope for Godzilla Destroy All Monsters to get into EVO, but each stream we've exposed a bunch of my classic games to be more broken than I thought.

I believe you have a Hauppauge sir
...So? My Hauppauge hasn't been working as wonderfully as I'd hoped. Which is why I'm asking...

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Oh, and Hyperrcrow
There were only three episodes because I found a short .Hack series on Netflix, and did some digging and found there were quite a few more of the .Hacks

D

Deleted member

"Top 3 Sheik" that got 2-stocked by NZA's Ness EYYOOO
that it was even close in a MU i've literally never played before kinda proves the point.

and tbh NZA is just a good player. good adherence to fundamentals, etc.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
that it was even close in a MU i've literally never played before kinda proves the point.

and tbh NZA is just a good player. good adherence to fundamentals, etc.
Salt scanner activate

Scanning...
Scanning...
Scanning...

Complete
Salt Detected!
Saltiness levels at: 20%

Does anyone want to 1v1 over netplay with me?
Eh forget it im going to bed, i hope i die and never wake up again

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Oh, and Hyperrcrow
There were only three episodes because I found a short .Hack series on Netflix, and did some digging and found there were quite a few more of the .Hacks
yeah, .Hack series is pretty old. Even though I've never been particularly interested in it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I agree with Umbreon. If anyone wants any proof that Sheik likely wins that matchup, Fly vs Awestin from LTC should be enough representation. It looked like pure destruction.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I was also thinking today, how/who people wavedash with R: It's very detrimental to my actions/dexterity with my button hand. Also wondered if Left handed/Right handed had to do with it
I am right handed and R is the main source of anything regarding shields and wavedashes.

The reason I do this is because my left hand is slow. I don't know if it's a physical problem or just a lack of practice but my left hand doesn't move at nearly the speeds I want them to.

I know this mainly from testing myself but I can click 90 times on average with my right hand in 10 seconds while getting around 40 on average with my left hand.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Mew2King is approximately black and 7 foot tall and weighs 237 pounds. His stunning blue eyes are very attractive as well as his sexy glasses which further magnify his already incredibly sexy features.
This is actually closest to me except I'm actually 6 ft tall. And everyone is a pasty white fat or skinny dude or a pasty black dude until proven otherwise on the internet.

I really thought M2K was black!
He's so incredibly white he's the color of paste that you use in elementary school and Casper the friendly ghost rolled into one.

A Legend In The Making

Smash Rookie
Is anyone here good enough to help me train? I use Dolphin Netplay and wifi, and I'm kinda a noob, so I need someone who is really good

Oh and in the iirc chat I use the tag PandaPanda

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Are you also left handed? I'm also trying to think of a Smash challenge to gauge dexterity, but most things are timing.
I was born Left handed and was forced to go full right, so I'm right handed but not completely lost with my left hand.
But I've learned to play a number of Bach's inventions, which requires the dexterity in your left hand to be equal to that of your right.
So nowadays a have a lot of control over my left hand, more so than the average joe

But when it comes to timing the only thing i can think of is lots of practice

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I was born Left handed and was forced to go full right, so I'm right handed but not completely lost with my left hand.
But I've learned to play a number of Bach's inventions, which requires the dexterity in your left hand to be equal to that of your right.
So nowadays a have a lot of control over my left hand, more so than the average joe

But when it comes to timing the only thing i can think of is lots of practice
When I was a child my left hand was far more dominant than my right, and through piano was I able to have decent dexterity in my right.
But nowadays I'm pretty ambidextrous with my land being in charge of large motor activities and my right being in charge of small motor activities, mostly due to the fact that small motor activities such as writing were only taught to me from a right-handed perspective.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
How young are you that they still forced you to be right handed, how sure were you that you were left handed?
When I was a child my left hand was far more dominant than my right, and through piano was I able to have decent dexterity in my right.
But nowadays I'm pretty ambidextrous with my land being in charge of large motor activities and my right being in charge of small motor activities, mostly due to the fact that small motor activities such as writing were only taught to me from a right-handed perspective.
I've had that from the get-go but in the opposite, utensils and instrument lefty, throwing/golfing righty. I'm not really sure I have any explanation for mine.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
How young are you that they still forced you to be right handed, how sure were you that you were left handed?
I basically did everything lefthanded when I was a small child but back in like 1999 they just taught me how to write using right handed examples and I guess it never occurred to little me that I could do it otherwise. I mean now I'm basically ambidextrous but when I was a kid I was a lot less so.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
The only games I play are both smash and terran in Starcraft 2. I only play bio, and I think that is the playstyle in sc2 that requires the most multitasking.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I basically did everything lefthanded when I was a small child but back in like 1999 they just taught me how to write using right handed examples and I guess it never occurred to little me that I could do it otherwise. I mean now I'm basically ambidextrous but when I was a kid I was a lot less so.
Was referencing Para, but so you had it too? I thought they were suppose to make kids aware to use their dominant hand, well at least you weren't forced though so I guess that is the hand you chose.

Top Bottom