• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Oh Eris plz no more tvtropes linkerinos Allie, we get enough from Mech. I've spent an incredible amount of time binging TVTropes, but don't get anyone in the thread started.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Like where do tap jump difficulties even come from, I've never understood them. You tap jump in any other fighting game.
Maybe because I use an arcade stick for every other fighting game and not a GC controller.

Also there's only 3 set directions you can jump: back, forward, or straight up. There's no momentum or weaving involved like in Smash.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
For Glory Mode has better competitive settings (2 stocks, 5 minutes) than 3DS tournament matches do, amazing.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I've got a job interview at Checkers tomorrow. Two important promises if I get a job:

1 My mom quits smoking

2 I get premium and name change to PMS tag.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Maybe because I use an arcade stick for every other fighting game and not a GC controller.

Also there's only 3 set directions you can jump: back, forward, or straight up. There's no momentum or weaving involved like in Smash.
Tbh the extent of my hands on fighter experience is a couple hours with P4A (which I disliked) and BlazBlue (which I loved taokaka4kawaiiest) played with a ps3 controller.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
For Glory Mode has better competitive settings (2 stocks, 5 minutes) than 3DS tournament matches do, amazing.
are people still insisting on sticking with 3 stocks 8 minutes? christ
that's only possible if little mac was in every match

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im bad with an arcade stick, or you could say every other fighting game. Dont want to play USF4 and make makoto suffer because of how bad I am

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I feel like I should hate nyaners, but im fine with it, and enjoy it at times; someone please kill my unworthy pleb self

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finally got back home from getting the game. The Wal-Mart I went to was sold out and won't have any more copies for a decent while so I have a friend who worked at a different Gamestop get me the number of a Gamestop nearby which was like another 40-50 minutes to get to walking and during lunch hour as well so I got lucky and called the Gamestop and told my story and asked if they can hold a copy for me which they did since they had a bunch of extra copies and I bought it and went on my way.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Homestar Runner and Smash 4 in the same day AND we get The Big House this weekend?
pinch me

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The gods do not smile on me getting smash 4 this day. STill waiting for my shipment to come in, despite it being out for delivery in another part of Queens since 7AM....

Maybe it's a sign that I should just be Marvelous instead.

Also Screw Lunatic+. That mode is stupidly unfair and Chapter 3 is near impossible without extreme luck(I'm talking about Support Blocks, Misses AND Crits needed for even Frederick to not die).

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Not gonna lie, the controls for Smash 4 feel awful. Hopefully I'll feel better once I get around to playing with a GC controller.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Duck Hut Dog is future salt in a digital canine waiting to burst in joy.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Smash Run, ugh, I wanna like It but 5 minutes to power-up is too long and then 1 minute to fight is too short.

I don't understand the thinking about this mode, it's the only exclusive one and it's a total failure.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It should have been 2 min run, 3 min battle or something

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Just letting us set the times of each phase would have been enough, just like the lack of item frequency settings make the items overabundant and annoying even in casual play.

More options = more fun, especially when they took away some we already had.

Top Bottom