• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
7 3DS's is required to play all the koopalings at the same time. Only then the true competitive potential of Smash 4 will be unlocked.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It's opinion of how much the high level player should need to know about items, with my opinion being they're refreshing with the Brawl engine mixing with Melee's creating great stuff (movable AGT) and with how many catch-able items there are it should be common knowledge to have a great WD catch/Re-AGT game along with knowing your character's options with it (Half of the cast has long Glide tosses, Wolf and Zelda's AD cancels can pick up bananas as well as use the AD cancel to AGT, JC'able moves can be used to JC throw [Shines, Ike's Side-b] ). I want to play more Diddys, which don't exist besides DLA now down in Chicago, to learn all the cool stuff other characters can do.

I wonder if Guru or the BR would now disagree with his older post. They could be under the assumption they're too much of his game for him and the opponent, and not force people to have to know how to deal with them, and cause "toxic gameplay" (which I don't believe with how both players can interact with the item, where PK fire and Sonic aren't exactly giving you added options; unless again you just wanna assume while fun and interactive that it makes it too much about the bananas). I did seriously think I had an actual dream where I was reading a changelog/webpost about Diddy being given 1 banana, and I was like oh dangit and then the dream ended and now I fear dreams come true.
http://smashboards.com/threads/kong...tical-discussion.331665/page-14#post-16086256

I'm always very glad they went with reworking his two side-b distances to not rely on what was a too strict Smashing mechanic (and instead go off control stick pullback). And while I and others (I could link many) might feel it's too strict, more aggressive handlers could feel something is too lose: so pullback was great.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
my literal problem with Diddy is his barrels.

He's got a great offensive game, like I can't stand it, but at least I can do stuff about that somewhat.

Those barrels just be too random to perdict.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
my opinion on diddy is "if you still use peach then you have no clue who's objectively better at your strengths here"

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If any of you guys haven't seen the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover and/or care here it is.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I told my Java professor that I won't be able to make it to the Friday class because I'll be at a gaming event. He asked me what event it was and for what game. After I told him it was The Big House 4 and Melee he said, "esports, right?". My professor is awesome lol

SpiderMad

Smash Master
He shoulda said see you there

If any of you guys haven't seen the Family Guy/Simpsons crossover and/or care here it is.
"You're right I don't even feel safe in my own home", "Someone's stealing our car". They've taken some set-back on their story telling ability to middle school levels.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I kinda regret not getting Sm4sh over the eshop now
Oh well, at least I can focus on studying

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I want to have Smash 4 right now, but I'm just waiting til whenever my store gets it in tomorrow (aka whenever Fedex gets there)... I value my employee discount more than I value having Smash right now, staying up all night playing and not sleeping and being miserably tired tomorrow while I work (and play Smash while "working"). It was close.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828

So, I'm old.

That isn't a john though? A john is an excuse, what I'm saying is just an opinion of how I feel when I play against a certain character.
There's little difference when NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT
AYYYYYYY

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Man, Chillin would probably get a ton more viewers if he streamed on twitch instead of Azubu. No one knows when he's on lol. The curse of sponsorships, I guess.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Man that was a good burn though

Man, Chillin would probably get a ton more viewers if he streamed on twitch instead of Azubu. No one knows when he's on lol. The curse of sponsorships, I guess.
It really is the curse of sponsorships
huehuehue

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Vashimus

Smash Master
Naaaahhh, just give them one of those scented pine tree fresheners to wear around their neck and they good.

"Sorry sir, but you smell like hot ass. Now, will it be Forest Fresh, Vanillaroma, or Brand New Car?"

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2i11is/big_house_4_will_have_a_stank_bouncer_to_refuse/

I'm honestly appalled that it's come to that. People love to say that smashers stink but the brutally honest truth is that its not exclusive to smash. I've visited and seen tournaments for other games and Trading Cards like Yugioh where some of the combatants smell like armpits and pubic hair.
Not just butts that stink people.
It's just gaming culture in general not gonna lie. Nerds don't be taking bathes and not bringing deodorant.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nerds are very bad at shower routines and I do not understand why

showers are great, they wake you up and you can sit in them for a half-hour and contemplate the world around you. take them, you horrible smelly people

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Fabreez'ing is for when you don't wash your clothes; it won't work when you don't shower. XD
Speaking of which those can smell like pits too even if you shower if you don't wash your clothes.

Never thought this would be the Project Hygiene Social Thread, and on Smash 4's release no less.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
nerds are very bad at shower routines and I do not understand why

showers are great, they wake you up and you can sit in them for a half-hour and contemplate the world around you. take them, you horrible smelly people
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's not that hard to not smell like ****

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Sometimes there's circumstances
Like the time I went to Toronto none of us thought to bring a towel or shampoo so when we got up to go to the tourney none of us had anything to shower with so we had to yolo it. I usually shower every day though, felt like **** after that weekend.

Kati

Smash Lord
pressing the jump button to wall jump almost caused more accidental wall jumps than intentional ones... :(

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...wait, you can wall jump with the jump button?????

I've just gotten used to doing it manually with the stick, is it all that easier with a button

Bleck

Smash Master
I live in the only(?) city in Canada that, because of by-laws, can't do a midnight launch for Smash 4, so I can't get mine until tomorrow morning. I hope everyone is enjoying their copy!

Top Bottom