• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
kamiya is so based. I remember when I first saw this:
I'm really hyped for the FZero covers.
yo PMDT, include some songs in 3.5
I know you wanna use that Poke Floats remix for the new Poke Floats stage you guys have totally been making, right?

Player -0

Smash Hero

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I never even noticed it was mapped to the jump button. The glories of tap jump speak for themselves you button jumping swines

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Tap jump has its place. But that place does not involve jumping and retaining all of one's momentum. Not such a big deal for Sheik I suppose. Kudos to learning how to short hop with it.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Tap jump has its place. But that place does not involve jumping and retaining all of one's momentum. Not such a big deal for Sheik I suppose. Kudos to learning how to short hop with it.
I don't really have problems with conserving run-momentum with tap jump, but thats because I learned how to do retreating turn around SHDL with tap jump on because it was easier at the time for me. you just tap into the corners of the stick instead of straight up.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
I don't really have problems with conserving run-momentum with tap jump, but thats because I learned how to do retreating turn around SHDL with tap jump on because it was easier at the time for me. you just tap into the corners of the stick instead of straight up.
I suppose that insta-aerials would be easier, but would nair be possible?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I suppose that insta-aerials would be easier, but would nair be possible?
Instant aerials are actually a lot harder for me with tap jump because of the way I move with tap jump, I pretty much flick it in the direction and let it reset itself to neutral. Instant nair are the same timing as lasers, other aerials you have to use the c stick or be really precise. I normally use y for full hops, and instant aerials, x for short hops and jc grabs, and tap for most other jc stuff like jc up smash oos or out of run, and I use it for shdl and shine grabs.

Tap jump is bad to use soley, but there's times where it's optimal and there no reaso n not to use certain jump options for certain things as positioning of the buttons or muscle memory might be easier for some people.
There's no point in limiting your self so don't turn tap jump off imo.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I use tap jump for normal jumping purposes for all my characters. That's every character in Melee and PM, and I guess Brawl but I don't really play that game. I've never played Smash 64 or Smash 4.

For perspective, my Melee main is ICs and my PM mains are Tink, Lucas, and Squirtle. In PM I switch Y and Z so I can JC grabs with just my thumb, I WD with X, and I DJC with Z.

But yeah, I've never had a problem SHFFLing or Utilting or wasting jumps or conserving momentum or early aerials with tap jump.

I actually can't short hop with button jumping.

Instant aerials are easy because I use the c stick, and for instant nair you just reset the control stick to neutral. You have to do that with button jumping anyways.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Here, I made y'all a wonderful video of me misspacing a cpu in melee whilst trying to stabilize my phone. Witness that I suck, but not because I tap jump. Like where do tap jump difficulties even come from, I've never understood them. You tap jump in any other fighting game.

Security always hates me :3c
But you're great at Tetris!

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
But they're tilts. You tilt the control stick a little bit.

ETA: I have melee's sound balanced to just game sounds so I can listen to my own music, but I didn't realize the music player would be so loud in the recording lmao my bad

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
On the subject of Dash Attack Canceling, has anyone ever tried DACG with the bunny hood.

It's kinda ridiculous.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Dude the Falco is pretty much me in a nutshell lol. And I was just bout to post that.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I must admit that I only consider Wii Fit Trainer an interesting character because of my foot fetish.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You also click on videos because Nyanners put Aku no Hana in the background?

Alternatively, are you also a fan of the music in my tap jumping OG combo vid HD Remix & Knuckles ft. Dante from the DMC series?

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Planning to walk 40 minutes and back for a copy of SSB4 3DS lol cause I don't have a car to use. Wish me luck.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Top Bottom