• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Down DI could make for some interesting stuff. If you are baiting it you can prolly combo into even more things.

Falco confirmed top tier. Bait down DI -> spike is real.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
no, down DI is effective, but you still fly too far and fast to actually followup at kill percents

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
. . . . What? Just DI Down and survive everything? What is this game?! Also, they already seemed to have fixed the one thing that would have broke ICs, by giving characters grab invincibility to prevent chain grabs- so I'm confused why they aren't in this iteration at all. Seemed like the devs fixed what was wrong with them.
If I remember correctly, it's grab invulnerability to the character that grabbed them.

Now I don't know whether those mechanics might of conflicted with ice climbers or not. Maybe they couldn't make them actually the same character because of how Nana works.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If I remember correctly, it's grab invulnerability to the character that grabbed them.

Now I don't know whether those mechanics might of conflicted with ice climbers or not. Maybe they couldn't make them actually the same character because of how Nana works.
I call bs on not making the IC's work

If IC's wouldnt work how dafuq would Rosalina and Luma work?

Honestly, IC's concept was probably given to those two since more children actually know them, and because they can actually make them play like desynched IC's without having to be like "oh yeah, you could play IC's better than intended by abusing the engine, so we changed Nana to work like that."

Though IC's returning as a clone of rosa's style would be pretty sick.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Luma and Rosalina are quite a bit different though, since you're sending the lesser partner out for the majority, instead of having them "shadow" your choices. Even with desynchs, Nana is generally leashed to Popo in some way when you have control

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Thinking about GUTS 3... For the price of registration, tournament entry, hotel room (which I still don't have yet), and spending money for the weekend, I could be well on the way to buying a Wii U for Smash 4 if I saved this money until the winter instead. I guess I really haven't been to a major in a while, because I don't remember feeling this way the last time I went to something this big. Is it really worth it? I know that some people like Strong Bad are going (from out of state even); what else?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
It's down DI.

Crouch cancelling is gone.

Unless this has changed, but I believe that it's still gone.
True Crouch Canceling (being hit during the Crouch action reduces KB by 1/3rd). ASDI into the ground (what glues you to the floor in melee) is what is commonly known as Crouch Canceling. The stuff in that smash 4 vid looks like true Crouch Canceling.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There's some confusion over it, so I'll try to clear it up:

From what Kelvin has said, this is Down DI. As in, holding down whether you are airborne or grounded will give you this reduced knockback. They tested this with airborne characters landing strong aerials for example, and apparently found a reduction in knockback there too. There's not a vid from them for airborne, that should be coming out tomorrow. That's why it's not being labeled as CC, since it appears to be a more universal mechanic.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I call bs on not making the IC's work

If IC's wouldnt work how dafuq would Rosalina and Luma work?

Honestly, IC's concept was probably given to those two since more children actually know them, and because they can actually make them play like desynched IC's without having to be like "oh yeah, you could play IC's better than intended by abusing the engine, so we changed Nana to work like that."

Though IC's returning as a clone of rosa's style would be pretty sick.
Luma is more of a controlled character as opposed to a character that mimics your inputs.

Think of it as a really buffed item in a sense.

True Crouch Canceling (being hit during the Crouch action reduces KB by 1/3rd). ASDI into the ground (what glues you to the floor in melee) is what is commonly known as Crouch Canceling. The stuff in that smash 4 vid looks like true Crouch Canceling.
****, I'm taking more notes on this quote than I did in the first 3 weeks of this college semester.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Thinking about GUTS 3... For the price of registration, tournament entry, hotel room (which I still don't have yet), and spending money for the weekend, I could be well on the way to buying a Wii U for Smash 4 if I saved this money until the winter instead. I guess I really haven't been to a major in a while, because I don't remember feeling this way the last time I went to something this big. Is it really worth it? I know that some people like Strong Bad are going (from out of state even); what else?
You should just find a ride to GUTS 3 for one day imo. I'm only going for Saturday to enter Melee Singles/dubs and PM Singles/dubs, after that I'm gone.
And @Strong Bad is coming out?! AYEEEEEEE

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You should just find a ride to GUTS 3 for one day imo. I'm only going for Saturday to enter Melee Singles/dubs and PM Singles/dubs, after that I'm gone.
And @Strong Bad is coming out?! AYEEEEEEE
Yeah, I might (even though I already took the weekend off from work). Sunday might not have as much going on since a lot of people just want to watch finals instead of playing. We'd just miss the Saturday night hotel afterparties that I assume will be going on ;) Driving home late at night sucks, but maybe it's worth it. I don't know. I was gonna make a post on the FB page asking if anyone else was making last minute hotel plans or had an extra spot in their room, but I didn't do that either, so maybe I won't have a choice in the end.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I wish I could go to BH4, I swear my Diddy could beat Ally and my Squirtle could take game 1 off Armada and possibly still Zero. Most of all like you mentioned the plethora of familiar people to meet attending (though 1/8 is Chicago/WI players I know already).
But I most likely can't, so I'm going to imagine all of you are aloof and it would be a mediocre time

Oh damnit Mangos going too? Looking at it now indeed everyone is there besides PP and Amsa and Prog and D1 (who I already met)

Also if DLA gets the right bracket I can see him getting 5th or so

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That's what I feel like when I play Ganon and jump out for that Dair, even though the other guy isint gonna make it back
Yes, always share the Story of the Boot™. It's tradition.
That's how I get when I cargo-grab with DK and then just jump off.
lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Those were all combos on AI (No DI), and you could tell they were out of hitstun on half of them anyways.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What Shadic said.

Anyway, there's a name for this type of shot in these images.
What's it called?

Edit: New avi to fit my mood.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Those were all combos on AI (No DI), and you could tell they were out of hitstun on half of them anyways.
So yeah what about that record feature in training mode. We should really get one but everyone overlooks this :( .

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I WAS gonna ask you guys the question, but I'll wait for next week. If Smash 4 CPUs are ***** towards humans like Brawl CPU's......

I am going to break things.

Top Bottom