• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Nor should it.
Complaining about little things is a stereotype that needs to stop being enforced, it makes the rest of the community that is silent about what they dislike look bad.
Complaining about the roster is extremely valid and not a little thing at all given the fact that this is essentially Nintendo's All Star game.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Complaining about the roster is extremely valid and not a little thing at all given the fact that this is essentially Nintendo's All Star game.
Doesn't mean it sounds any less like a bunch of whiny kids on a tantrum.
Shoutouts to Brawl kiddies.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
lol guess what I play Lucas and ICs and I'm not in the fandoms of any of the newcomers

but PM though

'cept this is the pokemon and anime thread

so uhh, chatot and elfen lied though

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Talking about Smash 4 is extremely invalid and a little thing in all given the fact this is essentially a Project M thread and section of the forums.
*Avatar screaming into sheep gif*

Very much so.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Talking about Smash 4 is extremely invalid and a little thing in all given the fact this is essentially a Project M thread and section of the forums.
Where.png

Next, you'll tell me that Pokemon is invalid here. :drfacepalm:

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Smash 4 is a Pokemon Anime so it is relevant here.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So Dark Pit isn't just a Pit color from brawl, he is also a direct clone. Why? Does this fulfill hype or something for Sakurai?
There is no point.

Unless he tippers, den its kew.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Dr. Mario tho.

In reality though, adding bowser junior to the Mario saturation is pretty rediculous. Outside of that the rosters kinda awright, especially when you consider that the clones haven't "taken" anyone's slot and return to a reality where they are known as user friendly alternatives.

Edit : The quote regarding the mario roster applies to pokemon as well, but Brawl started this imbalance to the crossover-verse. I also miss Icies and Lucas, may Roy sympathize them in this grief.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well, the final roster shows us which characters the team would avoid if they're planning on adding more playable characters. My bad for not reading if someone already mentioned this.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
No wolf... im a little salty about that but at least my lucario and ike are back. Also am I the only one who is kinda happy that the ice climbers are gone? They never seemed to fit in smash that well imho

Lizalfos

Smash Master
No wolf... im a little salty about that but at least my lucario and ike are back. Also am I the only one who is kinda happy that the ice climbers are gone? They never seemed to fit in smash that well imho
>Most unique character
>Have adorable taunts
>Happy they are gone
Your opinion isn't welcome.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Only reason people are happy about Ice Climbers being gone is because they have yet to be not degenerate in a Smash game.
They were a fantastic addition to the roster to be frank, but leave a very sour taste in peoples' mouths because of wobbling and handoffs. I'll hope they eventually come as DLC.

How does this not make you hard?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You'll be able to bring them back to the game years from now with the Wii U Clone Engine

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has that one unpopular opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They were a unique character yes, but they were lame to watch because of wobbling and for me personally, they were frustrating to play as because if you get separated from Nana or if Nana dies then you suddenly become a lot weaker.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Do you guys think everything is leaked at this point?

I wonder if there is a character that can only be unlocked with playtime.
I'm fairly certain everything character-wise is known because All-Star Mode has been unlocked by some people.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Only reason people are happy about Ice Climbers being gone is because they have yet to be not degenerate in a Smash game.
They were a fantastic addition to the roster to be frank, but leave a very sour taste in peoples' mouths because of wobbling and handoffs. I'll hope they eventually come as DLC.

How does this not make you hard?
Pretty much and that's only one reason that I'm glad that they are gone but more so on the brawl side of you get grabbed and you die. Outside of that they were cut due to 3ds hardware issues or something like that which sucks cause they were one of the last characters I wasn't expecting to get cut.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
. . . . What? Just DI Down and survive everything? What is this game?! Also, they already seemed to have fixed the one thing that would have broke ICs, by giving characters grab invincibility to prevent chain grabs- so I'm confused why they aren't in this iteration at all. Seemed like the devs fixed what was wrong with them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's more than just CC. From what I understand, this also applies if you are airborne and get hit. Which is hella weird, Sakurai plz stop

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
So, rather than influencing the trajectory of knockback, this actually just eliminates some of the knockback entirely.

About to get hit? Hold down. Every time, regardless of situation (edit: I suppose except for low% combos). Now you can live forever, especially with the new ledge mechanics.

I hope it gets patched (along with that ledge-stealing nonsense).

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Don't you know guys? DI-ing down is supposed to reduce knockback, because gravity. Just like momentum not being conserved after a dash jump. It's called quantum physics people.

kappa

Top Bottom