• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I honestly think Yoshi would be Top 5 if his parry worked like in Melee, and you couldnt footstool his DJ. His option coverage is amazing, long *** grab with neutral-b, good recovery. Eggs really good at controlling space, boomerang/fireball level imo. Amazing combo game, lots of kill options. Bruh... this ***** is good.
I think there's a chance he could even be top ten, but there haven't been results to indicate it yet. He's got fantastic edgeguarding as he can now go really far or low with his eggs, he's got some of the best OOS options in the game, he's got really good approaches and movement options, egg roll grants frame advantage on shied, he's got better stage recovery options than either Brawl or Melee, he can powershield grabs, and his combo game is stupidly good (think Melee + utilt autocombo + better dthrow followups + bigger hitboxes).

I can't decide if he's even with Diddy or if Yoshi beats him (seriously, the level of punish Yoshi puts on Diddy out of one hit is nuts, and he edgeguards him solidly, and you can't shieldpoke his feet with naners and shieldpressure), but I don't think he has many bad matchups at all. And I'm starting to think he is at pretty even with Mewtwo too.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yoshi's parry in this game i think yoshi is intangible during his first 6 frames or so of his guard up animation which makes him immune to grabs because lolinvincibility

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yeah I actually think hes Top 10 currently, totally agree with you Praxis. We just dont have a really good one yet, therefore the character is bad... solely because the players suck. xD

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I honestly think Yoshi would be Top 5 if his parry worked like in Melee, and you couldnt footstool his DJ. His option coverage is amazing, long *** grab with neutral-b, good recovery. Eggs really good at controlling space, boomerang/fireball level imo. Amazing combo game, lots of kill options. Bruh... this ***** is good.
Also, footstooling his DJ isn't characterbreaking really. You cannot footstool a character who has an attack out, so he can definitely counter footstool attempts pretty hard by just attacking (or egg rolling). There's guessing games and baits off of this and being able to footstool him is definitely an impediment, but even then his recovery is way better than in Melee because of egg roll's momentum boost.

Yeah I actually think hes Top 10 currently, totally agree with you Praxis. We just dont have a really good one yet, therefore the character is bad... solely because the players suck. xD
The Foot's improving pretty fast. Check out some of the dumb stuff he was doing to me in winners finals before I downloaded Yoshi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5JdYf2aq0

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Well I kinda meant "suck" in a sarcastic way. There are really good Yoshi's out there, but they arent Top level so most people who havent seen those Yoshis or see any high Yoshi placings automatically assume the character sucks. I just feel like Yoshi has so many options its almost impossible to find them all in the time 3.0 has been out.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Footstools are unblockable too, right? It'd practically shut down Yoshi's egg parrying if that gets added back in.
Yoshi's parry is invincible, you can't footstool that. You maybe could mash footstool so you'll beat him on his first frame of his vulnerability, but idk if you can even footstool jumpstart animations

Edit: super ninja'd, the post was already there I just responded before reading further down the page lol

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Chiming in to say I really love the new alternate costumes and look forward to Art Tuesdays. This is a pretty advanced mod. Good work to everyone involved! ^_^

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Cosmo breaks the Ocarina of Time world record yet again.
Just barely under 18:30 by a matter of frames.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Love? I dont love anyone, I hate everyone equally (im just busy right now so I cant make any brstms)
...Misanthropy is it's own punishment.
I've tried it.

Take it from someone who knows.
Iit's not worth the pain.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I've said Yoshi was amazing since freaking January, especially back when seeing V3ctorman try out the game for the first time and just wreck shop against some pretty damn good P:M players, most of whom played Brawl characters. Kinky's also thought so.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I've said Yoshi was amazing since freaking January, back when especially after seeing V3ctorman try out the game for the first time and just wreck shop against some pretty damn good P:M player, most of whom played Brawl characters. Kinky's also thought so.
Same here lol, dont know if i typed it out or not but i definitely always thought this. Even before V3ctorman was playing Calabrel.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
...Misanthropy is it's own punishment.
I've tried it.

Take it from someone who knows.
Iit's not worth the pain.
You are like the rugged older dude in a movie who warns the protagonists about their errs, but the only problem is that we aren't in fiction and we are joking.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah that would be a terrible argument though, because Mew2 has safe approaches, better combos, and a great recovery.
:mewtwopm::smash:
Where in my post did I say anything about Mewtwo? o.O I have no idea how you got that impression lol.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
it wasnt super campy, but i cant tell u if it was worth watching or not. I thought it was, but w/e.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You are like the rugged older dude in a movie who warns the protagonists about their errs, but the only problem is that we aren't in fiction and we are joking.
Considering the kind of people who play Smash, that many have terrible senses of humor, and that I see on FB and Twitter and whathaveyou that it happens a lot with them...

Better safe than sorry.

Loving is not worth the pain at all.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
zero/armada is pretty expected to be in zero's favor, as much as I love the swede's pit zero clearly has a better understanding of pit's mechanics as a whole and that's kind of what matters more in a ditto

also oh boy ness tech, I'm in

Top Bottom