• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
god damn it i missed the fox sonic hate

big post maybe

ehhh fox is okay imo. anything more than Pal nerfs would be too much, and I'm a fox main. the bigggest hit he could have gotten (imo) was lossing the frame of invincibility on shine. Its not that is was abusable in neutral that much (shining through moves is ****ing imposible), and doesn't really hurt edge guarding (fox should be useing ledge time for that, all it really did was make shining other fox side-b harder). Where it really really hurt is shield pressure. Shines can get grabbed now, so thats an extra frame in which the opponent can grab you out of pressure if you're not perfect. One frame is a ton when even when done perfectly its one giant frame trap. Lasers doing less damage and overall stages being larger (more room to get away from fox) and having higher ceilings hurt him as well. Playing fox in PM is honestly much harder not only from the above but because characters have options to be a threat in neutral (projectiles, stupid hitboxes, great new mobility options). If you're not consistently zero to deathing fox in PM you need to work on your punish game, because every character completely bodies him. If he makes it back off stage you're doing something wrong as well, dont even give him the chane to go high/low on you, just float out and hit him ffs.

He is still probably top of the tiers in character ability but I could see other characters having much better MU spreads (M2, lucas , mario come to mind). Fox has tons of even MU's now and some people argue he loses a few (DDD for one imo).

The cool things sonic has are cool combos, expecially the side-bs to delay'd fallling bairs (those are so tight). Uair juggles off the top are sick as well.

What he has that are lame is his run away ability (some characters just cant catch him on fd, DL, and skyworld) and homing attack as a recovery move. Homing attack offstage is my only big gripe about sanic imo.

On melee players complaining about PM: Just ignore them, the melee community has the potential to be stupid toxic towards things that dont fit into their arbitrary definition of "melee." This is the same group that once had people who vocaly hated on Peach and Puff for not being "melee" enough. Of course they are going to dislike that floaties are viable in PM. Most Melee players are chill, just the vocal dickwads are vocal and well, dickwads.

What I want for 4.0 is huge recovery hits across the board. Homing attack recovery is silly, DDD gainning height when getting shinespiked is silly, tethers are silly, teleports are silly, etc. Most everything DOES have counterplay, but things having counterplay doesnt make them not sillly (fox comes to mind)

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I said this before in the Tier list speculation thread and I'll say it again.

Literally TWO things they can do Fox that would make him less frustrating to fight against and Fox players wouldn't complain.

1. When Fox reflects things, they really shouldn't multiply the damage of the reflected projectile by 1.5.
2. Being hit by a fire fox after whiffing an edgeguard should not lead to an up air at percents lower than 100%. I don't know how that can be fixed, but if it's possible to change I'll gladly accept.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I didn't mention Smash anywhere in my post. I'm talking in terms of 2D fighters.
Oh.
Well then.
Me =

Alot of people say they dislike Skyward Sword. I thought that initially everyone loved it. The controls worked well enough and provided a new layer to combat. The enemy AI was fun and reacted in interesting ways. Upgrading items and collecting potion ingredients was fun. The collectibles all felt cool. The dungeons had great puzzles and gimmicks. Even the areas leading up to dungeons were great. Once you beat the game there was nothing to do, but that shouldn't really count against the game, it is over.
One reason alone.
People love to hate.
¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I said this before in the Tier list speculation thread and I'll say it again.

Literally TWO things they can do Fox that would make him less frustrating to fight against and Fox players wouldn't complain.

1. When Fox reflects things, they really shouldn't multiply the damage of the reflected projectile by 1.5.
2. Being hit by a fire fox after whiffing an edgeguard should not lead to an up air at percents lower than 100%. I don't know how that can be fixed, but if it's possible to change I'll gladly accept.
Unless you're playing a big-bodied character SDIing uairs is pretty easy

But yeah fire-fox to uair is so salt inducing. Its often called the sakurai combo, honestly no idea why though. Maybe because its so infuriatingly simple and stupid.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So I actually just tried playing Brawl for what feels like the first time in years...

My GOD, it felt weird. That's really what we started out with back in 2008?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
So how could homing attack recovery be dealt with? Maybe if the move could only be used more than once in midair if it hits a target...

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Unless you're playing a big-bodied character SDIing uairs is pretty easy

But yeah fire-fox to uair is so salt inducing. Its often called the sakurai combo, honestly no idea why though. Maybe because its so infuriatingly simple and stupid.
I've never heard this term ever lol. IS this an WC/EC only term or something?
Bullied by people who play Nintendo video games. Interesting.
Oh you like game X, well that game sucks try out game Y and Z instead those are much better games.

Every fanbase competitive or causal ever.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So how could homing attack recovery be dealt with? Maybe if the move could only be used more than once in midair if it hits a target...
I'm just gonna yell out a big NO to that idea right there. Seriously, the range was already shortened greatly, which was kinda needed. There's nothing else that really needs to be changed about it that wouldn't simply be a by product of salt at this point.

I know, right? I went back to it for a single match not long ago. I quit after that one match.
I tried to do a few matches but I just couldn't get used to it. Just looking at it felt odd to me.

Definitely glad to have PM instead.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm just gonna yell out a big NO to that idea right there. Seriously, the range was already shortened greatly, which was kinda needed. There's nothing else that really needs to be changed about it that wouldn't simply be a by product of salt at this point..
Someone needs to make some kind of poster that reads something like

DID YOU KNOW...?

Salt is the leading cause of all nerfs.

Please, salt responsibly.

This public announcement paid for by the Project M Backroom.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If Skyward Sword removed the intro portion of the game, all traces of bird flying and dowser minigames it would be a more solid game.

The good game in the middle is buried under so many bad things that don't work.

D

Deleted member

Skyward Sword had a lot of good things imo, but also a lot of obvious flaws. Enemy variety and the world itself, both land and sky, were extremely limited. The game was too linear, the day/night mechanic sucked, and there was a lot of repetitiveness (The Imprisoned, the Silent Realm, having to go back to each of the 3 ground areas 3 times instead of having all-new regions to explore.)

Flying could have been better, but I liked the motion controls otherwise. They worked fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
@ Comeback Kid Comeback Kid I see your point, but it was still the most fun I had with a single player and mostly linear game. I don't think that Mario Galaxy, the first game I owned, even comes close.
@SmasFromThePast I really hated the imprisoned, and silent realms were a small pain that I began to like a little. I disagree with you about revisiting the provinces, they changed up everything by adding stealth, collection, or whatever you did in lanayru. I found those to be lots of fun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Going back to each region a second time to discover new things was actually an idea I liked, but the third time was overkill.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Often complete silence and a pointed glare are many times more effective.
(⌐■_■)7

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Completely off topic: I have no idea whether to make my main Yoshi male or female. I always play as the same one but I know nothing about it. Which is weird because usually I'm good at making characters.

Top Bottom