• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I wouldn't call TP a black sheep so much as it's divisive for different reasons from WW, namely its horrible pacing, rather weak plot, and unsatisfying item array (or at least how it's used). It's definitely got its good parts (dungeons for the most part, Midna), but it kicked off a bunch of issues that persisted in SS as well.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I think TP has the sexiest rendition of Zelda in it. And then of course humanshape Midna. Mmm. *goes to look for gross fan art*

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Hate
> Hyrule field and some other areas felt too empty (not enough enemies)
> Majority of the items felt useless
> Ganondorf being in the game basically ruined Zant's character (Ganon is cool and I love him, but Zant could have been the final boss)
> Malo
> Plot was.... kinda weak
> Pacing was.... questionable

Love
> Minda (I love her to DEATH)
> Combat
> Learning new ability's
> Wolf Link
> Artwork is pretty good
> Some pretty cool boss battles
> Ganandorf (Well I still love the guy despite him not having to be involved)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Unpopular opinion time:

I can't get excited for the upcoming P:M update because P:M as a whole is feeling more and more obsolete in SSB4's shadow. I WANT to get excited, but I can't.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I think I kind of a agree with all of that. Zant wound up being a scrub. Man did I love the combat. I miss the 50 level dungeon or whatever that was. And yeah the final Dorf sword fight made my heart soar.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Hate
> Hyrule field and some other areas felt too empty (not enough enemies)
> Majority of the items felt useless
> Ganondorf being in the game basically ruined Zant's character (Ganon is cool and I love him, but Zant could have been the final boss)
> Malo
> Plot was.... kinda weak
> Pacing was.... questionable

Love
> Minda (I love her to DEATH)
> Combat
> Learning new ability's
> Wolf Link
> Artwork is pretty good
> Some pretty cool boss battles
> Ganandorf (Well I still love the guy despite him not having to be involved)
I think I kind of a agree with all of that. Zant wound up being a scrub. Man did I love the combat. I miss the 50 level dungeon or whatever that was. And yeah the final Dorf sword fight made my heart soar.

Edit: sorry for the double my browser is messing up

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think Zero has worked hard to get where he is, but something about him just screams desperate. Always pick who he thinks is the tippity top tier character, and that disgusting sudden death VS Hbox. I don't think he is a bad guy, he obviously works hard, but sometimes is just a little gross.

Kati

Smash Lord
He was so disappointing. They spent the whole game building him up and then the fight against him was laaaaaame.

I suppose it was because he's was of course not the big bad, but his fight could've at least not been pathetically easy.
The whole game was pathetically easy. :(

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I decided to spare you lot from a deluge for once.

Don't think this will be a regular thing, though!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I had fun messing around with codes in TP on an alt file until I accedently corrupted my almost completed regular save indirectly. I stopped playing after that. :/

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So I was trying to get into Melee netplay and I got Dolphin DC-Netplay 4.0-652 because that's the one that came with all the necessary codes and such apparently, but when I opened it, the codes (like Global Melee Netplay settings cheat wasn't there).

Anyone can help?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
So I was trying to get into Melee netplay and I got Dolphin DC-Netplay 4.0-652 because that's the one that came with all the necessary codes and such apparently, but when I opened it, the codes (like Global Melee Netplay settings cheat wasn't there).
Anyone can help?
Try the help forums, or ask in the netplay discussions, I don't think asking in the social thread where we talk about anime and almost nothing about smash is going to help.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Unpopular opinion time:

I can't get excited for the upcoming P:M update because P:M as a whole is feeling more and more obsolete in SSB4's shadow. I WANT to get excited, but I can't.
Opposite but Equally Unpopular Opinion Time:

I'm the complete opposite. Smash 4's awful newcomer roster (barring Mega and Mac) alone turned me off to it completely. The fact that it's supposedly Brawl 2 and all the janky decisions are just icing on the cake.

Well, more like flies on the ****, I guess.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Why do people dislike Street Fighter IV anyway? Isn't it supposed to be the prime fighting game that's actually well balanced by the official company?
My problem with SF is that it encourages campy play A LOT and gives defensive players a strong advantage from the outset. Movement is limited, jumping forward is no-no, and combos are hard, short and unexciting. My character choice in 2D fighters represents this mindset: I think camping is boring, tedious and adds almost no depth to the game. Zoning is different from camping, where it's used for space control rather than strictly avoiding confrontation with the opponent. A lot of the old school fighting game heads dig SF4 because it harkens back to SF2 where there's a heavy focus on fundamentals, but you can still have a deep fighter and at least make it more exciting. And then there's a whole laundry list more of why I don't like it that I won't get into here.

The only time I would recommend SF4 is to a newbie, JUST so they can understand the basic fundamentals of 2D fighters. The action in SF is slow enough that new players can grasp what's happening without having characters move all over the screen.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
I decided to spare you lot from a deluge for once.

Don't think this will be a regular thing, though!
I was just watching Beast Wars clips today >_> weird. I only just recently found out that the guy who voiced Goku also voiced Cheetor... so it's all totally bizarre now.

Literally the only thing I'm looking forward to with Smash 4 is seeing how the metagame develops around the new ledge mechanics, as melee's kept me away from competitive play for 9 years.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Unpopular opinion time:

Completely understandable. It is the new, official title that is coming out after all, so it's reasonable that you may start finding PM, Brawl, or Melee boring for the time being because of the encroaching hype. Once you get your hands on Smash 4, however, the hype will die down, and everyone will probably gravitate back to their respective games, or stick with Smash 4.

For me on the other hand, it's kind of the opposite. I've been losing my already little hype for Smash 4. It just fails to impress, and I find some decisions pretty disappointing. It's just hard for me to get hyped for Smash 4, especially when other games are now starting to steal my attention from it. Admittedly though, my expectations may have been too high for the game. I will wait until the game comes out however, since I am interested to see how Smash 4 meta-game is like.

--------------------------------

As for the Twilight Princess discussion, to put it bluntly: Twilight Princess made me lose faith in 3D Zelda from it's initial release and I haven't recovered from it since. So yes, I strongly dislike TP (Skyward Sword afterwards certainly didn't help). My expectations after Wind Waker may have been too high.

IIRC this all started with Wind Waker, I'll never forgive that game for that
To be fair, 3D Zelda was never difficult.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Unpopular opinion time:

PM will never be made obsolete by an official Nintendo Smash game. As long as the gameplay styles are significantly different, the Smash games will coexist. A lot of traditional fighter players play more than one game in the same genre.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
PM will never be made obsolete by an official Nintendo Smash game. As long as the gameplay styles are significantly different, the Smash games will coexist. A lot of traditional fighter players play more than one game in the same genre.
It's still the previous game in Smash canon, though. I'll definitely get bullied for being stuck in the past if I keep playing P:M, because the people I know are all jerks who hold ansolute power over my life.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I think Majora's Mask is the best Zelda. It explored the human experience in a way few video games have, and ever will. In fact, I'd say it's one of the first video games to elevate the medium from diversion to art.

Edited to sound less pretentious.

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Twilight Princess is actually my favorite Zelda.
But that may be because it was the first Zelda game I actually made the effort to beat and get 100%.
My problem with SF is that it encourages campy play A LOT and gives defensive players a strong advantage from the outset. Movement is limited, jumping forward is no-no, and combos are hard, short and unexciting. My character choice in 2D fighters represents this mindset: I think camping is boring, tedious and adds almost no depth to the game. Zoning is different from camping, where it's used for space control rather than strictly avoiding confrontation with the opponent. A lot of the old school fighting game heads dig SF4 because it harkens back to SF2 where there's a heavy focus on fundamentals, but you can still have a deep fighter and at least make it more exciting. And then there's a whole laundry list more of why I don't like it that I won't get into here.

The only time I would recommend SF4 is to a newbie, JUST so they can understand the basic fundamentals of 2D fighters. The action in SF is slow enough that new players can grasp what's happening without having characters move all over the screen.
This is why I play 3rd Strike.
I feel like it can be a lot more aggressive than SF4.
Plus Parrying too good.

Zynux

Smash Lord
It's still the previous game in Smash canon, though. I'll definitely get bullied for being stuck in the past if I keep playing P:M, because the people I know are all jerks who hold ansolute power over my life.
You need to row row fight da powah

Seriously, don't mind what they say. Play whatever game you like, whether it's 64, Melee, Brawl, PM, or Smash 4. I know it's easier said then done, but their opinions are irrelevant.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I think Majora's Mask is the best Zelda. It explored the human experience in a way few video games have, and ever will. In fact, I'd say it's one of the first video games to elevate the medium from diversion to art.

Edited to sound less pretentious.
wow.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm definitely hype for whatever PM holds in the future AND Smash 4.

Personally I have gotten so much used to 3.0 that it feels like the definitive version. I could prolly live off it for years.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion time:

P:M is in no way made obsolete by Smash4, and this is coming from somebody who plans on getting and thoroughly enjoying that game. Yes, Smash4 has better graphics, cool new characters and stages, and interesting customizability, but one thing is for certain - gameplay is going to be much different.

For me, P:M made both Melee and Brawl obsolete. I have zero interest in playing either of those games ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Interesting but isn't SF defensive in nature throughout the series though? Personally I don't mind defensive games but as long as the defense/offense ratio isn't skewed majorly like it was in Brawl cause that piss me off massively.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I can't tell if that's a joke post or not. If it is, way to go.

If not, it's just sad letting others control what you do with your free time like that.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Please tell me you're kidding.

Unpopular opinion time:
Ridley can crawl.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Alot of people say they dislike Skyward Sword. I thought that initially everyone loved it. The controls worked well enough and provided a new layer to combat. The enemy AI was fun and reacted in interesting ways. Upgrading items and collecting potion ingredients was fun. The collectibles all felt cool. The dungeons had great puzzles and gimmicks. Even the areas leading up to dungeons were great. Once you beat the game there was nothing to do, but that shouldn't really count against the game, it is over.

Exodo

Smash Ace
i lost my sd card!! T.T now ill have to get a new one cause boy that new announcement got my hype to high!!

Vashimus

Smash Master
Twilight Princess is actually my favorite Zelda.
But that may be because it was the first Zelda game I actually made the effort to beat and get 100%.

This is why I play 3rd Strike.
I feel like it can be a lot more aggressive than SF4.
Plus Parrying too good.
Pretty much. I only really play the 3rd Strike characters in SF4 too.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I can never go back to Brawl. That is the game I started with, and my friends tried to get me into it competitively. Brawl broke my spirit when I played it because instead of playing a game of mixups/making the better choice, I tried to play it as if combos existed. When my friends beat me I had no Idea why I was losing. I would ask how I could get combos, or what I was doing wrong, however, no advice could help me because I fundamentally misunderstood the game. I even hate playing it as a party game because it is so slow, and P:M is a better party game because it has more characters.
Something I forgot to add: I felt like if I ever wanted to be good I had to play either meta-knight or diddy, which I didn't want to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom