• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
When things changed because of Fox, I was reminded at how I don't really enjoy watching Fox play. I get that his skill ceiling is very high, but people tend to complain about lesser characters having more options and followups than they think they should have, and yet these same people are satisfied with Fox having all these options because Melee.

I'm not calling for Fox nerfs because of distaste for the character, just some gripes that come to mind.
Agreed, people are so hypocritical and blind to the truth when it comes to Fox.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
We need a gif of Zero or M2K's Fox using firefox, getting smacked in the face over and over again every time he uses it before getting back on and still kicking ass whenever Fox's recovery is called booty.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Not easy to read when you can change the angle of it, and mix it up with the phantom dash. Sonic's recovery could be similarly exaggerated to be easy to read, he goes straight up!

The downplaying is almost as bad as people saying he's unbeatable.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Fox illusion is what I was referring to. I'm not about to get into an argument about how predictable that move is.
And Fire Fox's startup gives most of the characters in this game plenty of time to punish.

I'm not trying to say Fox isn't broken, because I totally think he is, it's just in terms of recovery he's not special at all.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Just got third at a local tournament and maaaan I felt good lol never mind that I got bodied by Boss. It was so much fun and there were a lot of really good players there. Shoutouts to @Uchi for an awesome time, really hope it happens again. Not the me getting bodied part.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
On ZeRo:
I don't hate him or his personality because I've never met him and I barely hear most of his publicly stated comments.
I just find his way of play boring honestly.

inb4 someone calls me a ZeRo hater

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Am I the only one around here who finds good sonics fun as hell to watch, and find it scummy as **** for some reason to just "CP fox" after losing a game?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Am I the only one around here who finds good sonics fun as hell to watch, and find it scummy as **** for some reason to just "CP fox" after losing a game?
I don't know how I feel about the latter, but I find good Sonics incredibly fun to watch and I frankly don't understand why people still complain about Wizzy's Sonic.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Lets tell funny stories!

Yesterday on my way to the Hookah bar, I went to pick up some chinese takeout att QQ's.
After paying, the lady says "Okay, we wirr have it ready for you soon, Arrex! (She saw "Alex" on my debit card)

After a minute of sitting down, she starts hitting on me, asking me if I was a student, what I like to do, and all that jazz. My mind was soo full of "WUT".

Pretty sure that panties just drop the second they see my Sword Art Online shirt and hear me playing BABY METAL.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
....and Armada takes it. That's good news. I was really really really hoping for that bob-omb to connect :(

And for people wondering, I'd indeed rather watch shine over "just press B">nair

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I do too. I enjoy anyone pushing their characters to the limit, and Wizzy does that. The only ones I find boring to watch are people to camp to the extreme, especially when they have the lead. Picking Fox is what it is to me, whatever works as long as you're pushing your character to its potential. It was only "meh" to me because i know Wizzy would've won if he stayed Pit, and i wanted wizzy to win.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Wizzrobe is the only player that makes Sonic look fun.

Mango should've camped harder.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I love watching good sonics I dont see whats wrong if you don't feel comfortable with you main and wana go fox instead its pretty hard to have a consistently good secondary at such a high level especially fox

Vashimus

Smash Master
Number of Entrants Saturday at CEO 2014

1. Ultra Street Fighter 4 - 391
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee - 262
3. Project M - 255
4. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 236
5. Injustice: Gods Among Us - 95
6. BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma -76
7. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 72
8. Dive Kick - 54
9. Killer Instinct- 49

Rekt

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

3. Project M - 255
8. Dive Kick - 54
9. Killer Instinct- 49

Rekt
People still play Street Fighter: Moon Physics edition? Hmm..

Wonder what the entry number was for the superior KOF XIII.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
More people should take KI seriously. That game looks mad fun to play and is so entertaining to watch. Also more people should main Fulgore, hype beam too stronk.

Now I need to find friends with an XB1.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey now.

Its pretty fun... :c

Not as good as Smash, but I mean what fighter IS?
Hokoto No Ken, Guilty Gear, Vampire Savior, KOF13, KOF2K2 and 2K2 UM, Powerstone 1 and 2. If were talking about a causal setting with beers and friends then Smash has everything beat.
Lets tell funny stories!

Yesterday on my way to the Hookah bar, I went to pick up some chinese takeout att QQ's.
After paying, the lady says "Okay, we wirr have it ready for you soon, Arrex! (She saw "Alex" on my debit card)

After a minute of sitting down, she starts hitting on me, asking me if I was a student, what I like to do, and all that jazz. My mind was soo full of "WUT".

Pretty sure that panties just drop the second they see my Sword Art Online shirt and hear me playing BABY METAL.
Was she a younger or older woman looking for some young buck?
ahh its nice to see ki dead. that game sucks
KI is fun but it was that TVC style syndrome when TVC came out.

3. Project M - 255
8. Dive Kick - 54
9. Killer Instinct- 49

Rekt
And wow those are some good numbers for Melee and PM.

Bazkip

Smash Master
What
He had just lost four straight games as Pit. Clearly it wasn't working. Are people not allowed to switch to other characters they know? It's a perfectly logical decision to make.

This hate for Zero/Fox is just getting stupid.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222

3. Project M - 255
8. Dive Kick - 54
9. Killer Instinct- 49

Rekt

Vash i'm literally dying of laughter atm.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Eh KI is still fairly new, and on a fairly new console. Those numbers aren't that out there.
All things considered I think it's been doing great.

Top Bottom