• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
@Tink-er in the Kitchen This is a me being a d**** potentially but have you considered slightly lightening your font color? I appreciate the blue/navy hue but against the dark grey it's really hard to read.

Anyway yes to the several who disagree with my ten year long distaste to fighting/watching a-tiers in melee, I still have many logically-backed up convictions (I feel) on the matter. I do not like it that melee wound up that way, but I am thrilled its great universal mechanics acted as a basically a perfect skeleton for a fighter and inspired PM.

I'm going to a casual tournament at a bar tonight with a real good Marth user and I use Dorf in my contrarianism, but also cuz he's awesome. Anybody know what Dorf's best game is against Marth?

Edit: If I recall my main issue was getting within the tip of his sword--- approach is awful dorf to marth. How do I get close to this b*stard enough to shffl him or something?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Quick, Nintendo, buy Capcom and make their games not trash!
I'd be happy if a company with brains bought Mega Man. Preferably one that isn't just going to remake the over-rated Mega Man 2 again and again as new games. Please? Someone advance the Mega Man series instead of regressing it again.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
IIRC, it's 16ms/frame so almost 1/3 of a frame.
Awesome. Found out that's what my monitor gets. Hopefully people won't drop their **** when I bring it to tournaments. Granted, I have to check the rendering.

Last edited:

Weeabro

Smash Cadet
Monster Hunter is on the line, I think Nintendo will make a move. Monster Hunter confirmed for Smash 5

Weeabro

Smash Cadet
They have no buyout protection, so they're open for takeover.

The good news is Japanese law prevents foreign buyouts so we won't have any sort of maneuvering from M$ or Tencent, who would do terrible, terrible things to Capcom IPs

EDIT: What's with the pink name and pranked tag?

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
They have no buyout protection, so they're open for takeover.

The good news is Japanese law prevents foreign buyouts so we won't have any sort of maneuvering from M$ or Tencent, who would do terrible, terrible things to Capcom IPs

EDIT: What's with the pink name and pranked tag?

I like the term "weeabro" I think that should become a thing. I'm totes one.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Nintendo obviously understands Mega Man with his Smash 4 incarnation having so many great classic moves. They just need a Retro Studios type developer to make the game hard as hell. Retro themselves could make it!

Mighty Number 9 is looking disappointing to me, it has the look but not the feel of classic Mega Man.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
RE4 was 2 gens ago though. 6 & Raccoon City are garbage mate.
too troo

Nintendo obviously understands Mega Man with his Smash 4 incarnation having so many great classic moves. They just need a Retro Studios type developer to make the game hard as hell. Retro themselves could make it!

Mighty Number 9 is looking disappointing to me, it has the look but not the feel of classic Mega Man.
I think the only way to make a game feel like megaman is to build it on a 20 year old engine. I mean did you like any of the ps2 megamans?

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761

Hard as hell? There's no such thing as a hard as hell Mega Man game (Outside of Megaman Zero) Mega Man games are typically medium difficulty to somewhat hard. Most of the current game's difficulty comes from cheap stage design or fan-hack styled insta-kills.

I haven't seen much of Mighty No 9 lately, Where did you see the new information that looked disappointing?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The trailer that was released after months of progress not too long ago.

Mega Man is as hard as the equipment you go into a level with, which is where the difficulty really comes in. It's as challenging as you make it but I do like platforming with some bite to it.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
OMG thank you guys for giving this ***** some likes.Embarrass
Pfff you are a riot she-buu

New discussion. Has anyone here played much custom robo? I want to start imagining what kind of attacks Ray could have as a smash char. Yes I know I have him as an avy- I am a poser that just think he looks cool. But yeah what can he do? Besides have a lasergun.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
The trailer that was released after months of progress not too long ago.

Mega Man is as hard as the equipment you go into a level with, which is where the difficulty really comes in. It's as challenging as you make it but I do like platforming with some bite to it.
That's why Megaman 9 is my fav. Even though it can be really cheap at times (way cheaper than the past games), buying stuff at the shop can make your journey easier if you want. Also, the boss weapons are some of the best in the series as they're all useful, compared to some past games where I use a weapon to beat a boss and there's never really a reason to touch it again.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
He had some rockets. Basically, he used them projectiles and used those boots a bit.
Used those boots... what you mean he had rocket boots right? He didn't attack with him did he? Anyway I swear he would be golden as a smash char. Super unique. Maybe the only fast heavy character but with some crippling disadvantage to balance it out. Like ungodly landing lag and detrimental gravity.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Dude capcom made re4 get real.
Which was a while ago, their quality has unarguably been slipping.
OMG thank you guys for giving this ***** some likes.Embarrass
I'm not so sure this relates to me so much, but: you're welcome!
-
Also, does anyone even have a rough idea how much it'd actually cost to buy out Capcom? Nintendo has been losing a lot of money as of late so... It might be a little harder for Nintendo.

PS I meant to add this earlier, but how was everyone's day? I just came back from my Martial Arts class today.

Last edited:

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
That's why Megaman 9 is my fav. Even though it can be really cheap at times (way cheaper than the past games), buying stuff at the shop can make your journey easier if you want. Also, the boss weapons are some of the best in the series as they're all useful, compared to some past games where I use a weapon to beat a boss and there's never really a reason to touch it again.
Who was your favorite boss and which weapon did you like most on megaman 9

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Found a triwing screwdriver at work a couple days ago, decided to have some fun today.
Cleaned out my controller, particularly inside the stick housings. Had cat hair inside my controller. It truly does get everywhere. Replaced both the analog and C-stick with Nunchuck analog sticks, though I think I'm going to get some PS3 analogs in the near future; I like that they have more surface area on the thumb pad. The Nunchuck analogs are fine for now though. I like that it sits a touch higher than the Gamecube's analog, and having a legit analog stick on the C-stick is like a dream come true.
We had a silver controller in the back of the store that was broken, so I took the bottom of its housing, now my controller is half black half silver. If I get the PS3 analogs, it's going to look sexy as hell with the black analogs matching the black top shell.
Shortened the springs in the L and R housings just a tad for a little less resistance.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Hey, I went into my second NorCal tournament as Roy, managed to not get UTTERLY destroyed by the eventual winner, won some sets, pulled some combos despite being nervous as s#17, and discovered pills are godly against Ivy. I'm gon' do dis again.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...what is the purpose of that

like I'd understand if you had it tilting to the side sometimes but what is the use case for a 360 degree axle

Top Bottom