• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I was thinking about jab+tilts+other, grab game, smash attacks and aerials as subcategories so it isn't such an "empty" wall of spoilers. Do you think it would be a good compromise?
Yes, having more specialized subcategories rather than spoilering every single move individually does sound like a great change to clean up the list.

Which made me really confused why the hell the octopus was there
Have you ever heard of Paul the Octopus? He used to make really accurate fútbol predictions from 2008 to 2010 before passing away. Today's Google Doodle a really cute tribute to him.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I stayed the night at a friend's house, and at 10am he is still not up. Wtf.
People sleep in. A lot.

(ಠ_ಠ)

That moment when someone you thought you'd never see again skypes you and you had a huge crush on them and THEY ****ING MESSAGED YOU AFTER MONTHS and you can't function except to post about it on Smashboards because that's your life now
I know the feeling.
Nerves/apprehension is not a strong enough word, nor is panic, or clammed up.

Has Science Gone Too Far?
http://www.nature.com/news/laser-fusion-experiment-extracts-net-energy-from-fuel-1.14710
^Wasn't a source of, rather than a drain, of energy.

Also, these:
and stuff like them(powered armor doe), aren't practical(note that I didn't say possible; the Comic-con/Otakon 2016 are in for a BIG surprise!) at the moment.
Not yet, it hasn't.

parents that are a mixture of overprotective AND frugal, mostly. there might be really sharp rocks/rude fish if they go out swimming in a lake (because a pointy rock is the scariest thing that could happen to a kid in a lake, obvs), and they don't want to buy specialized water shoes for the kind of kids that do need to care about those things, so they buy the things that can also just be silly-looking flip-flops for walking around in
Rightly so!
http://www.australianfauna.com/stonefish.php
Can pass through flip-flops like a hot knife through butter, these guys. (stories there have truth. *shudder*)
You thought that moss-covered rock a foot away was a rock? Think again.(hypothetically)
@ Australia. No exceptions.

But you're only allowed one piece of equipment per inventory slot, and I don't think our DM would really like us bending the rules very much.
"Stop metagaming." - Darths and Droids #199 (http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0199.html)

Don't worry, by the time it's done we'll be able to download it into our brains like the Matrix
Brain UPloading(get your terminology straight! ಠ_ಠ) is fiction for not too much longer, on a serious aside.

Oh lord, what if Disney buys capcom?
This would be a GOOD thing.
Capcom might be make good-quality games again. (⌐■_■)7

Also, that's about it for my replies.
Two more things, though!

Done.

Last edited:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Complaining about Diddy usmash comboing into itself...

Then realize Fox, Pikachu and etc in Melee could do the same thing. Except theirs is a -single hit-. So you can't just SDI out of the hit.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Metagaming is always a complaint from our DM. Well I say DMs should be more flexible. If your plot wasn't based around some shoddy stations of canon instead of being well written, well that's your problem. How can I possibly RP a crafty CE rogue/wizard/loremaster (totally minmaxing on my part, btw) and not come up with simpler, easier solutions which don't revolve around killing all the monsters in the room like you wanted?

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
How come Marth isn't seen much at the top level of play in Project M? Has he fallen off?
People think he's mediocre/bad, but people think all the Melee top tiers except spacies are bad/mediocre so I don't pay it much mind. He's still high tier if you ask me, it's just that none of the top Melee Marths play him much in PM. People also john about the stage list being really bad for Marth which is just like...wot. He's fine on all the frequently legal stages except Dreamland, Skyloft/world, and possibly Yoshi's Island.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
He is also a pretty hard character to play effectively, which may seem like a big turnoff to Project M only players when you consider the amount of choices they have.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Marth is really fun to play in my opinion, I just can't dash dance worth peanut butter.

When I mean fun I mean F-Throw, F-Throw, F-Throw, F-Throw, F-Smash/Dair.

Btw can Lucas DI out of that?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Marth has got to be in the top 10 easiest character to play. He doesn't have much character specific tech so playing him effectively only requires good fundamentals.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I considered playing him until I realized playing him is like %95 fundamentals. Fundamentals are boring and Marth is boring. Gimmie those PM exclusive movement options-out-the-ass characters.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I considered playing him until I realized playing him is like %95 fundamentals. Fundamentals are boring and Marth is boring. Gimmie those PM exclusive movement options-out-the-*** characters.
1. Play Marth
2. Ken Combo once
3. Main Marth

When I mean fun I mean F-Throw, F-Throw, F-Throw, F-Throw, F-Smash/Dair.

Btw can Lucas DI out of that?
Everyone can DI out of that.

@Canon @ Bleck Bleck Do you guys go to Ottawa monthlies? There's a carpool from Montreal, I might go to the next one.

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Yes, people do sleep in but he fell asleep before me and woke up three hours later than I did even though we didn't have a tiring day.

Idk it was just WEIRD being in someone's house for three hours.

Maybe I'm just picking trivial things to complain about, but I'm an introvert that has had no breaks from friends for 12 days so I am beyond burnt out. I'm supposed to be staying like two more nights but I made an excuse and am leaving in an hour. I need some much needed alone time.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it's been 6 months since 3.0, and i've managed to narrow down my possible main to just a few characters

Lucario
Falcon
ZeroSuit
Fox
Charizard
Ness
Roy

Life is hard

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think being the prince of masturbating is the greatest accomplishment to be advertising.

It's like saying your the duke of taking dumps.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I changed my name to not have all caps a while ago, worth.
it's been 6 months since 3.0, and i've managed to narrow down my possible main to just a few characters

Lucario
Falcon
ZeroSuit
Fox
Charizard
Ness
Roy

Life is hard
Nah man, I'd main the random button at this point, because I did.

Last edited:

Sashimi

Smash Ace
@ shairn shairn I should mention that our monthlies are just melee for now, as we're only getting started (this month will be #4). We've wanted to have Project M for a while, but aren't sure how well it would run with respect to setups/how much time melee + PM would take. We're waiting until melee is run better.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I can see Nintendo buying the MM IP or Inafune buying back the IP, I don't see them buying anything else. As for the others Tencent can possibly but the FG stuff and if you dont know about Tencent they are the ones who are the parent company who owns League Of Legends and made a Free to Play FG know as King OF Combat. I would love SNK to buy the FG stuff but SNK is hella poverty.
Nintendo should just buy everything. Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Megaman, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, every damn thing. Microsoft will probably want Dead Rising, but it's definitely in Nintendo's interest to buy as much as they can, because they definitely have the money to buy over 50% of the stock.

Will I think they'll do it? Probably not. Or if they did, likely they'd just buy Megaman.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@Shadic @Strong Bad @PMBR
I just realized characters' shields are tied to their body in a really strange place, so when they crouch or land, and then shield, the first few frames of their shield are often below the ground (for some characters) or just really low. It seems like this would affect powershielding, making it not possible or crazily difficult for some characters in a lot of situations. Does it actually affect that, and are there plans to change this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom