• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm not ganon

I'm hoping that maybe if I make a bad enough pun you'll all stop talking about something incredibly arbitrary/useless

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Exactly! Why can't you be Canon Ganon? I hate this fabricated moveset! I want you to show me your moves! Plz PMBR, trash? trash? dorf!

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm not ganon

I'm hoping that maybe if I make a bad enough pun you'll all stop talking about something incredibly arbitrary/useless
You want people to stop talking about "incredibly arbitrary/useless" things on the internet?

Didn't your mom ever tell you not to wish for the impossible?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
How do you DI a grab?
The same way you would drift. Hold your controller with 2 hands, if you get send to the right, rotate your hands to the left and vice versa. You wanna really lean into it, put your back into it. If you aren't taming your body into the nearest person, you're doing the true, mario cart Di, WRONG.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Yay around 1% is done at the DI thread. We can probably finish in 5 years if it continues at this speed. *subliminal message*
If I can ask, why do you need an example of move list section in that giant post? Seems like it's totally unnecessary.

I also don't get way every character is a spoiler tag inside a spoiler tag. Wouldn't it be better to give each character their own individual spoiler tag section with all their moves and DI available to be seen once clicked on?. The way it is now will be a burden.

Again I know this is hard work your doing and it's awesome, just little things that will help the end product I believe.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Is no one else horribly disturbed by the font change? It bothers me so much that its different, I don't know the font is taller/skinnier and it really really bothers me

Tildes aren't worth it, @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 Make fonts optional so i don't go crazy ;__;

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
I remember reading something in i think mp1 that Samus's power suit was designed in such a way as to provide good protection without hindering her already impressive athletic abilities (she's basically superhuman). Sure there was floatiness in super metriod, but that was explained as gravity in mp1, and she was capable of mobile movement in mp1 as well

Although i can understand why Samus is floaty to begin with, since mp1 came out after the first smash bros so yeah

I just wonder what a Samus that has a faster fall speed and ice fair would be like

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If you guys want Samus to be a fast-faller, then she can't be so incredibly difficult to kill as she is now.

I don't think the trade off would work to her benefit.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
people've said constantly it does on the tip of the hand, it's why mario has killing power with it at all in SSB4 for once
If you look at VGBC's coverage on Mario's moveset, you can clearly see that the very early hitboxes of his fair do not spike, but in fact have sort of a Dr. Mario type impact. However, this hitbox is also really weak and isn't a very good KO move. It failed to kill Bowser at around 115% in the air. Maybe this is the very early parts of the hitboxes and it was a situational hit, so it'd probably be best if you looked at VGBC's footage.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If you look at VGBC's coverage on Mario's moveset, you can clearly see that the very early hitboxes of his fair do not spike, but in fact have sort of a Dr. Mario type impact. However, this hitbox is also really weak and isn't a very good KO move. It failed to kill Bowser at around 115% in the air. Maybe this is the very early parts of the hitboxes and it was a situational hit, so it'd probably be best if you looked at VGBC's footage.
Check MIOM's notes. They listed Fair having spike properties. I'm going to trust them on this one. Perhaps it's changed for beta builds? Ugh.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Check MIOM's notes. They listed Fair having spike properties. I'm going to trust them on this one. Perhaps it's changed for beta builds? Ugh.
Fair does have spike properties, it's just a matter of when that particular hitbox starts.
Also, the builds at best buy are updated builds of the ones that appeared at the invitational, so if MIOM investigated builds strictly at E3, it may not be accurate.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Why would you chumps want Black Shadow? Deathborn is a much more cooler more deserving character.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Fast-falling Samus is a dream of mine. If only she was like Zero Mission, then this world would be a better place to live. ZM Samus is most OP Samus.

Also, leave Ganon alone!!

Top Bottom