• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Looking at Tri Dorf, his sword mode looks boring and his mage mode looks like a dumber version of his regular move set. Do not want.

If you hate his neutral B just say so, I still think we may get a different one or a heavily modified one.

Bad neutral B aside the character is cool and feels powerful and I hope he doesn't change much more.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Put Ganon's moveset on a new character, Black Shadow from F-Zero.

Combine aspects of Sword and Magic Ganon to make Ganon.

That'd be so sweet.
While I totally would love to see this, lets think about what that would entail.

You are kind of splitting the "hype" of a brand new character in to 2. On one hand, the new character (black shadow as in this case) would have a new voice, taunts and all that jazz, but the playstyle and moves would all the ones we have see before.

then Ganon, while having a different moveset, would still be the same voice, taunt, all that stuff that we have also seen before.

Now..the question is, does this double the hype of a new character, or split it in half? o:

Id be interested to hear a PMBR's thoughts on this.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
100% Support for this. Seriously, seems like a more polished version of the Ganon in Theytah's Build.

I'm on the side that wants a mix of the two movesets as Ganon's new default one and Black Shadow with the "Non-Canon" Smash Ganon's moveset. This one just feels more fitting with his actual nature as opposed to assumptions of "he's just playing around" or silly stuff like that. It still has a powerful feel while bringing something new to the table without getting rid of anything old.

I like it.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I would argue that in that instance, Black Shadow isn't a new character, just a reskin, but that Ganon is the new character, possessing a new, unique moveset. However, both modifications would produce hype the sum of which would be equal to or greater than that of a single new character. Of course, this all relies upon public reception in reality.

ETA: You are aware that that is the Ganon in Theytah's Build? Theytah just uses the latest version with every update.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Triforce Ganon is cool but
Black Shadow is a lame character from a dead franchise who doesn't deserve a spot in Smash Bros
come at me
You could totally pull a Toon Link and make a separate Ganon for "Canondorf" while leaving the current Ganondorf alone

1FD

Smash Ace
I am Ooze

- Ooze
^
OK SO HILARIOUS STORY INCOMING

That's actually a joint account that Bamesy and Tenki wanted to make after I talked to them about talking on smashboards more because they never play smash or check out the community much and they always get people telling them to discuss things more.
So they would make one to share between them since they'd be so inactive but they never posted anything or made one.
SO I MADE IT FOR THEM when I was at their house. Then yesterday they came back from the mountains and were at MY HOUSE and they finally decided to use it to post a link.
I had a good setup so they could make a quick video on my recording set-up and wanted to post the video but YOU NEED 10 POSTS before you're allowed to post a LINK
So they were at my house doing their thing when I was out
And decided to spam 10 posts until they could post the link
NOW
I'm at THEIR house housesitting and using it as a smash house while they're back in the mountains AND I FIND THE ACCOUNT IS BANNED THE NEXT DAY for spam + alternate account making!
LAMO

I guest it's an alt because bamesy has nausicaa but it's not really since tenki doesn't have one but they were planning to spam 10 posts and got banned AFTER 1 JUST ONE HAAAAAAA TOO GOOD MODS THEY KNEW SPAM WAS COMING
They're coming back later today and I'm gonna show them this and IT WILL BE ****ING FUNNY OMG
Here's the link anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCSTo10HKOs
It's hilarious too ****ing too good smash stuff is always the best even when it's like stuff just around the game and not actually the game LAMO

nausicaa just messaged me and he knows HAHAHAHAH **** YEAH too funny

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
The reason to make him black shadow is that it would continue the pattern of semi clones from the same franchise. Your idea probably makes people happy too, but maybe not quite as happy.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't mind how Ganondorf plays, but I wish his moves looked different. More brute force and more magic.

I hate seeing Ganondorf do flip kicks and other acrobatic things.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Triforce Ganon is cool but
Black Shadow is a lame character from a dead franchise who doesn't deserve a spot in Smash Bros
come at me
You could totally pull a Toon Link and make a separate Ganon for "Canondorf" while leaving the current Ganondorf alone
Except that would be incredibly uninteresting and hardly anyone, aside from probably you, would even want that. Black Shadow may not be the greatest thing ever, but it's better than having two Ganon's visually in the roster. It's bad enough that we have two Links when we really shouldn't.

If there had to be two Ganon's, the only thing even slightly justifiable would be having the second one be Wind Waker Ganon and even that might be pushing it a bit.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Ganon doesn't need a sword tbh. i would much rather him get a short hover and this as his neutral B

a slow but strong projectile similar to Lucario's spirit bomb

He's a freaken warlock! give this man at least 1 magic attack

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Ganon's moveset is so generic... I'm all for giving it to a character like Black Shadow who doesn't really have any other place to draw moves from, similar to Falcon. Meanwhile Ganon has sooo much more moveset potential that seems like it's being wasted.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Except that would be incredibly uninteresting and hardly anyone, aside from probably you, would even want that. Black Shadow may not be the greatest thing ever, but it's better than having two Ganon's visually in the roster. It's bad enough that we have two Links when we really shouldn't.

If there had to be two Ganon's, the only thing even slightly justifiable would be having the second one be Wind Waker Ganon and even that might be pushing it a bit.
What about classic Ganon?

He's pretty visually distinct

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why Ganon couldn't have at least gotten tennis ball neutral-b yet, we need a tennis representative if Waluigi isn't getting in.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If your phone explode on giffffs
Do the following steps to stop that
1) get in a car
2) get on highway
3) go double the speed limit
4) open window
5) release phone from hand
You could also skip step 1
Just a thought, how are you gonna do step 3 without also doing step 1?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Mp1 explained the variability in gravity. Zebes is a small planet. Samus still manages to run fast and wall jump in SM, so agility isn't all that recent.
She's still fairly tankish in that game. You can only be so maneuverable wearing a bulky suit of armor. The original games and Prime showcased that well; Samus felt heavy in those games, and while she was fairly mobile, she wasn't exactly leaping around like some robot ninja. Then Other M came out. And that skinny ass suit that looks like it's made out of plastic.

Don't take away my floatiness Kati. :[

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

The latest Smash Cast from Nairo is up. Talking about Smash 4 and the Smash Invitational and other topics that you may/may not agree with.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Poor Sakurai. Set the bar so damn high with his sophomore effort, ends up screwing him up all these years later.

Last edited:

Bambi_

King of the Forest
So it looks like (slightly faster than) Brawl style neutral but once you get a hit you're actually rewarded? Okay. Tell me more.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
All of you are silly, talking about ganondorf buffs/changes. Ganondorf will stay like this forever, I dont want any more moveset changes.

Kati

Smash Lord
She's still fairly tankish in that game. You can only be so maneuverable wearing a bulky suit of armor. The original games and Prime showcased that well; Samus felt heavy in those games, and while she was fairly mobile, she wasn't exactly leaping around like some robot ninja. Then Other M came out. And that skinny *** suit that looks like it's made out of plastic.

Don't take away my floatiness Kati. :[
Nah I'm not actually arguing that Samus should be changed, but she has been flipping like a ninja since 86', and a fastfalling Samus could make her feel more like a tank.

Ninja-tank.

---

Ganon with a float would be coool. Hopefully pmbr has tested this already or will do so.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
It doesn't spike on the initial hitboxes, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
people've said constantly it does on the tip of the hand, it's why mario has killing power with it at all in SSB4 for once

it would've been a lot more well-rounded to give him doc's fair because it's not like he's exactly dry on off-stage edgeguards but w/e

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What about classic Ganon?

He's pretty visually distinct
...You know, whether it's this or maybe OoT's Ganon, I could actually get with this.

Still sticking with the Canon Ganon+Black Shadow idea, though.

Top Bottom