• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i meant that in response to shairn, since i was pitching an idea of "what if ganon" could float, and he was talking about float cancels, which i never mentioned
by the time i posted that your post showed up first so...

by the way i dont care about how "canon" ganon is to his LoZ incarnation (him murdering stuff with his hands is far more badass anyway), i was pitching an idea based on the video that i witnessed

if i remember right, doesnt ganon have a weakness vs dash dancing? if so, i wonder if a type of floating ability could help in that regard
oh, i don't have a direct aversion to ganon floating. it would be a bit weird, but might be kind of cool, anyway.

and in theory, could be implemented without making a huge overhaul to the rest of his game? that's really all i care about. i don't see any point for pm to totally scrap ganon's current moveset and make a new one.

Fortress

Smash Master
I generally don't like it when people generalize a whole group of people as fanboys or whiners simply because they disagree with their opinion.
Who other than an avid player of the series would give a hot **** whether-or-not G is canon?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I don't care that it's canon. I just think that people with similar movesets should be from the same series. I'm all for reskinning current Ganon as someone from F-Zero and making Ganon his own character. Or Triforce Ganon. Triforce Ganon is cool. Totally a WIP, but cool.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Need I say it again

I think Gandondorf with float cancels would be way too much of a buff
Imagine float-canceled uairs or bairs going your way
There are no brakes on the destructrain.
That was his running animation lol
Just happened to look extremely badass.

And look guys, there's no reason PMBR couldn't tone it down to Samus levels of moveset changing. Like 4-5 moves change with each stance, something like 4 normals and a special. Some get worse, some get better, and it evens out, and it's primarily to help him handle matchups he struggles in now.
I mean, you could buff Ganon by doing something boring like armor on dash attack and some other moves, so he can get through projectiles better, or you could do something ****ing cool.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I don't see why you don't just take the finished sword Triforce Ganon and slightly nerf all his moves so he's forced to switch to specific stances depending upon matchups.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
actual on-topic thing about smash, oh no:

I think it should be a requirement to force people to watch the evo 2008 finals whenever some rando commenter thinks they have the totally new and exciting idea of putting items on

and then the interview after evo 2008 wherein the winner just flat-out says "I beat ken out of pure luck"

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i taught my mom's Mii to swear at me in spanish in Tomodachi Life.
The best part is, it actually pronounces it correctly

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Who other than an avid player of the series would give a hot **** whether-or-not G is canon?
More than you think apparently. I'm actually baffled that you singled out every person who shares this opinion and swept them under this fanboy rug that you pulled out.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I hate people who don't like Smash Ganon just because he's a Falcon clone
If Falcon wasn't there it'd be fine
tbh Falcon's moveset doesn't fit Falcon(he literally does nothing but drive a car, I guess you could make the GOFASS argument), it fits Ganon way more(The Pawnch represents his immense power, the Stomp and Foot are kinda like his ground pound, I'm pretty sure he chokes the **** out of Link in one of the games, and upB is there because he flies/floats, he's generally portrayed as a badass powerhouse).
I'd be fine with a new spin on his moveset but to say his current moveset doesn't fit him is a lie.

Whoa too much casual talk for me
Lets discuss the frame data on M2's utilt thatshisnasty amirite?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the kind of person who takes heavy priority of "IS THIS MAN IN A VIDEOGAME ABOUT MARIO BEATING UP PIKACHU ~CANON~ ENOUGH" over how a character plays is probably not the kind of person who frequents a subforum about a competitive mod of a videogame released in 2008, I wouldn't think

Fortress

Smash Master
More than you think apparently. I'm actually baffled that you singled out every person who shares this opinion and swept them under this fanboy rug that you pulled out.
I'm not. Sword Ganon's neat, and a cute project and all, but it gets annoying to hear how his Smash incarnation is "wrong", as if it matters or something. Ganondorf's moveset makes more in-universe sense than the clone he's BASED on.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
also, depending on how you describe ganonsword, you're either asking for just a slightly smaller DDD, or a slightly slower ike, when his current niche of a zangeif-like falcon is far better in terms of variety

I'm sure he'll have a pretty-looking sword and all but I can already play ike if I want that

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I wish Jeff Gordon would pull out the gun on hit hip and shoot people instead of only running back and forth in every matchup.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Need I say it again

I think Gandondorf with float cancels would be way too much of a buff
Imagine float-canceled uairs or bairs going your way
There are no brakes on the destructrain.
you could make ganon only be able to float out of a full hop so you can't hit grounded opponents or float cancel as fast as M2 or peach

Fortress

Smash Master
I wish Jeff Gordon would pull out the gun on hit hip and shoot people instead of only running back and forth in every matchup.
He does in one of the comics he was featured in like a million years ago. Just ****ing casually as can be before a race. Collects a bounty, goes to race.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
There's only one move that looks interesting in that triforce Ganon thing and that's a ripoff from Charizard's down B. The sword mode really is just like Ike and the mage mode looks bland.

I'm respecting the work this guy put into it, but none of those changes give Ganon what he needs.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Sword ganon means nil **** to me, tbh. Ike already covers the heavy sword guy area (and I haven't played TP). But Wizzy Ganon is something I want. He conceptually covers a unique character niche that PM doesn't really have atm, being a slow, heavy, fast falling, hard hitting range character.

ETA: Cool story: I'm the one that suggested the Charizard-like down b.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
In fact I made that image. Well, "made" is a strong word for finding two images online and mooshing them together.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I never thought I'd see someone get banned for a single 4-word post.

Superduper magic Ganon looks cool, but eh.
Also Falcon's moveset makes more sense to me than anything else in this game.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Why bother putting the effort into magic when you can just punch and choke little dweebs? there are no stakes in smash, Ganon doesn't gain anything from actually "winning."

If people just consider the perspective that maybe Ganon is just having fun, his moveset makes a lot of sense.

Falcon's moveset reflects F-zero X's gameplay and his snes comic quite well...

F. Kick = boost
F. Punch = high risk high damage = spin attack
F. Dive = Super ram attack = attack the enemy and steal life= grab the enemy and get another recovery.

Fortress already mentioned the bounty, but he actually completes two bounty hunts, one involving his sidearm, and the other seeing him use elbows and uppercuts (sound familiar?), all in TEN minutes before starting a race.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
As a huge zelda fan, I actually hate how ganon is in smash and avoid playing him for that reason. Not because he's a falcon clone, but because I don't imagine he would fight in any manner similar to how he does and I think he's the most uninspired character in smash.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
i dont even want marth to have insane muscle mass like ike, i just want him to look like he has testosterone and actually underwent martial arts training

just give him a better defined jawline, broader shoulders, and make him look toned, problem solved

iunno im just ****ting ideas
Not everyone can match the god-like testosterone levels of our lord and savior Falcon.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I hate people who don't like Smash Ganon just because he's a Falcon clone
If Falcon wasn't there it'd be fine
tbh Falcon's moveset doesn't fit Falcon(he literally does nothing but drive a car, I guess you could make the GOFASS argument), it fits Ganon way more(The Pawnch represents his immense power, the Stomp and Foot are kinda like his ground pound, I'm pretty sure he chokes the **** out of Link in one of the games, and upB is there because he flies/floats, he's generally portrayed as a badass powerhouse).
I'd be fine with a new spin on his moveset but to say his current moveset doesn't fit him is a lie.

Whoa too much casual talk for me
Lets discuss the frame data on M2's utilt thatshisnasty amirite?
M2's utilt is fast and has strange hitboxes.

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
i would think samus kind of falls into the "non-canon abilities" boat as well, since shes not nearly as fast or as agile in smash as she is in the games (im not including other m for...reasons)

if samus were portrayed properly, i would think she would be similar to zss in speed and mobility instead

Last edited:
Top Bottom