• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Because embed slows up the page and saves us exactly no trouble.
Plus embedded youtube player is heavier than it is on the main website.
if a single embedded video is killing your computer I'd probably be more worried by the chance the toaster you're running could explode from the mere heavy load of existing

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
if a single embedded video is killing your computer I'd probably be more worried by the chance the toaster you're running could explode from the mere heavy load of existing
It's because Flash is a POS and half my RAM died so Firefox is prone to crashes.
I'll be upgrading my computer soon, but I still prefer not embedding anything, since it speeds up loading times.
I understand your first point. Too many on a page can make crappy connections lag. But it does in fact save some trouble for people who might have not clicked if they knew the content. This is kinda just a moot tradeoff. But what do you mean by heavier? Are you saying computers have a harder time rendering embedded videos? Is that a xenforo problem or something?

ETA: typo >.<
The embedded player is always slower for me regardless of where it's embedded, it might be due to the resizing, but I have no idea.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
i cri evertim

I'll see if I can't get ABP to block embedded youtube videos

EDIT: Success

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I believe "moonwalking forwards" as you're calling it is actually a very fundamental technique known even to the ancients as "walking."

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Moonwalking is very simple. All you have to do is take a rocket to the moon and take a couple steps in any direction.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I don't even know how to moonwalk, so that video is making me feel bad.
Took me a while to understand this post

I now face the first evidence of the idiocy of what I thought was a brilliant idea earlier

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I showed @ Oracle Oracle how to moonwalk IRL in the airport after sktar :p.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
No, like I really don't know how to moonwalk in PM.
I was referring to the fact I wasn't even aware a video was posted

Moonwalking in PM is exactly the same as in Melee, last I heard, except easier. Dash, half-circle back quickly.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was referring to the fact I wasn't even aware a video was posted

Moonwalking in PM is exactly the same as in Melee, last I heard, except easier. Dash, half-circle back quickly.
Okay, let me rephrase myself. I don't know how to moonwalk in PM, Melee, or in real life.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Moonwalking IRL is easier than moonwalking in smash. If any of you ever see me at a tournament just remind me and I'll show you :p.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Going back to Melee, I SWD'd with Samus on my first try, then started doing it consistently, then managed to do it while fighting. P:M is training me. :o

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Going back to Melee, I SWD'd with Samus on my first try, then started doing it consistently, then managed to do it while fighting. P:M is training me. :o
Lucky. I can SWD in Melee easy, but in PM I struggle even though the window for it is bigger lol

D

Deleted member

i was at a tournament yesterday and i watched a 12 year old moonwalk across the stage with mewtwo

blew my mind

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Moonwalking IRL is easier than moonwalking in smash. If any of you ever see me at a tournament just remind me and I'll show you :p.
I'm actually lying, I know how to moonwalk in real life, I'm just desperately confused about how to do it in Smash.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
:GCN::GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCR::GCDR::GCD::GCDL::GCL:
Mash forwards, half circle (avoiding neutral and full down) to mash back, go through neutral on your way to mashing forward again. Don't pass through the neutral position and don't push the stick all the way down, either. You have to do a crescent within the this range, otherwise you'll turn around or crouch.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah still working on my irl moonwalk. Hylians tutelage was good but its still hard overcoming my inherent whiteness

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I literally just copy-pasted instructions from somewhere. Didn't even look at them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom