• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
Cobras are solitary creatures, only meeting together to mate. Teamwork's not exactly their strong suit.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
People in the Youtube comments are more concerned about the snakes being tossed around and smacked for trying to strike him than the guy in the pit.

Just because you may happen to keep a wild reptile as a pet doesn't mean you have tamed it or it's your damn friend.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just noticed a phone number on Virtual Boy Rob
Turns out it's Nintendo's customer service line.
Which is also used to report illegal activity.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Oh, I didn't even know they had the customer service number stuck on the front.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
How come the real cobras are *******, but the Gi JOE cobras ain't?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Thoughts anyone? I think this is a nice share even if you agree/disagree with it.
you can pretty easily tell the person who made hasn't actually been in the scene for that long b/c if they did, they'd know that hax didn't magically make going fox into a good idea

he's one of the most consistent characters in melee w/r/t matchups, if not THE most consistent, and his skill ceiling doubling or even tripling everyone else means that he only gets better when you do. if you're playing to win in a bloodthirsty scene, you want a character like that, this isn't rocket science

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
you can pretty easily tell the person who made hasn't actually been in the scene for that long b/c if they did, they'd know that hax didn't magically make going fox into a good idea

he's one of the most consistent characters in melee w/r/t matchups, if not THE most consistent, and his skill ceiling doubling or even tripling everyone else means that he only gets better when you do. if you're playing to win in a bloodthirsty scene, you want a character like that, this isn't rocket science

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Why didn't they just all attack him?
well, venom is metabolically expensive to make, so if the snake isn't feeling that its life is in direct danger (i.e. it's not cornered) it'll attempt to scare you off by rearing up and expanding its "hood".

since this guy riled them up, but then walked away and ignored them, for the most part, they don't have an impetus to strike, and thus waste, a rather valuable metabolic product that's more important for procuring food.

luck is also part of it. i only watched the beginning, but there was a point where he turned his back to the middle and one of the snakes lunged in at his bag rather quickly. but mostly, there's a lot of feinting and fronting to try and resolve things without the snake putting itself into potential harm's way (or wasting venom).

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
TIL there was a flash made in melee's early days of a star wars parody starring "obi-wan kenobi", as seen on ken's stream

my ears died horribly

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Looks like dashing back and forth in place "booty DDing." It's not very useful, especially when dashing can't be crouch cancelled.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
smash always has dash dancing, what matters is if it's good dash dancing

currently, SSB4 has booty DDing, because it's high execution requirement for... a dash-dance that's just as bad as brawl's. yep.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
If Mario Maker Doesn't have an invisible block option, I will be extremely disappointed.

You gotta recreate that terrible and painfully difficult SMW hack experience, ya know?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Because embed slows up the page and saves us exactly no trouble.
Plus embedded youtube player is heavier than it is on the main website.
I understand your first point. Too many on a page can make crappy connections lag. But it does in fact save some trouble for people who might have not clicked if they knew the content. This is kinda just a moot tradeoff. But what do you mean by heavier? Are you saying computers have a harder time rendering embedded videos? Is that a xenforo problem or something?

ETA: typo >.<

Last edited:
Top Bottom