• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
Also in other news I'm going to the Best Buy event today but before I woke up I had a crazy nightmare in which everyone in the U.S got arrested and others civilians were killing each other and teachers were types of pariahs and they were wearing paper bags over their heads to avoid being arrested but crazed killers were hidden amongst the teachers in the nationwide chaos are some of had chainsaws and such like on some RE4 type stuff. I was trying to save my sister who is mentally handicapped before they took her away and I got shot in the arm and the leg a few times before they took her away and screaming "You can't do that, I need to take care of her". I got a phone call from a friend asking you still need a ride to the Best Buy event today. I think I had way too much pizza yesterday like 5 slices holy crap it was the weirdest crap ever.
Wow
Must've been some pizza

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I wasn't drunk actually I feel asleep pretty early like 10:20 last night then wake up around 7:20 this morning. Maybe the first thing happened but IDK cause when I have nightmares it's usually something involved me getting shot or eaten and they never happen and I don't have nightmares very often maybe 1 every 2 years or something in which I'll remember it. Also in other news whose has enough balls to bring a PM setup to a Best Buy today lololol?
Was it a mushroom pizzia

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
So this may be kind of random considering the current "Topics", but apparently the Marth-killer still exists in PM. It is just substantially harder to pull off. Some characters simply need to shield and aim it as you would a light-shield in melee, though it seems you usually need to power-shield the recovery to snap to the ledge. It works against pretty much anyone, I'll upload a vid or something of it in a second, but I'm curious, is this working as intended or just a weird physics bug?

Player -0

Smash Hero
So this may be kind of random considering the current "Topics", but apparently the Marth-killer still exists in PM. It is just substantially harder to pull off. Some characters simply need to shield and aim it as you would a light-shield in melee, though it seems you usually need to power-shield the recovery to snap to the ledge. It works against pretty much anyone, I'll upload a vid or something of it in a second, but I'm curious, is this working as intended or just a weird physics bug?
If you power shield you take no knockback from moves. So that shouldn't work?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Melee is ****, pm is the best. Long live the PMBR~
PM is love, PM is life...
I was only 9 years old
I loved PM so much, I had all the demos and releases
I pray to the PMBR every night before bed for Ridley and Pichu
"PM is love" I say, "PM is life"
My dad hears me and says "casual scrub Melee is better"
I say there's less balance
He slaps me and sends me to go to my room
I lie in bed and it's really cold
I go to my computer and look on the internet
It's the PMBR
I am so happy
They whisper in my ear "Slippy and Ike Climbers"
My body wasn't ready
I have no idea why I spent any of my time on that.

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
I was only 9 years old
I loved PM so much, I had all the demos and releases
I pray to the PMBR every night before bed for Ridley and Pichu
"PM is love" I say, "PM is life"
My dad hears me and says "casual scrub Melee is better"
I say there's less balance
He slaps me and sends me to go to my room
I lie in bed and it's really cold
I go to my computer and look on the internet
It's the PMBR
I am so happy
They whisper in my ear "Slippy and Ike Climbers"
My body wasn't ready
I have no idea why I spent any of my time on that.
wow

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Works on anyone, with a hitbox out, mid-recovery that I've tried it on. I may make a list or a video showing it on every character I can get it to work on, but the video would be annoying since this technique seems to be easily applied to multiple moves per-character.
http://youtu.be/XXhElluFQKQ

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Works on anyone, with a hitbox out, mid-recovery that I've tried it on. I may make a list or a video showing it on every character I can get it to work on, but the video would be annoying since this technique seems to be easily applied to multiple moves per-character.
http://youtu.be/XXhElluFQKQ
I think the reason is shield DI. It only works for powershielding because otherwise the shield pushback would send you in the other direction, but you get no shield pushback with powershielding so one shield DI input will make you grab the ledge.
Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems to be like the most logical explanation

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
From my understanding, the reason you shield DI is so that the blade will hit the opposite side of your shield and push you onto the ledge.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
To the best of my knowledge a sweet-spotted Up-b shouldn't hit my shield in the first place. Shield DI would make sense, though I didn't know it worked with a power-shield. @ Shairn he is referring to the ability to move your character a miniscule amount while in shield-hitlag, similar to smash-DI-ing during hitlag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys1krZy7qg
Witchcraft tbh.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
What in the world is a "Blobfish"...? lmao
Noting that need be posted.
That's what.

Every time a "Challenger Approaches" they get a hip/booty shot
That might be awkward for Bowser but we'll make it work
Two words.

Boozer Cute.

It will work.

Also, I made this.

(source image from Pacific Rim, credit where is due)
I'm cool.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Playing PM with Tmacc and talking about smash 4 if anyone wants to join :D. twitch.tv/Hylian88

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Post it
And I will master it, day 1.
Where and when are you going to post it?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
To the best of my knowledge a sweet-spotted Up-b shouldn't hit my shield in the first place. Shield DI would make sense, though I didn't know it worked with a power-shield. @ Shairn he is referring to the ability to move your character a miniscule amount while in shield-stun, similar to smash-DI-ing during hitstun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys1krZy7qg
Witchcraft tbh.
It's shield ASDI, that's why you see them tilt the shield preemptively, because ASDI happens automatically based on where you are holding the control stick, plus the light shield prevents them from getting poked and allows them to move further with the ASDI.

Last edited:

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
you do take shield pushback when powershielding

Hitlag, not shield/hitstun.
You're right, I used the wrong term. I'm pretty adept at that lol...
@ez it's already uploaded, I have it being performed against Marth there, I might do a few more when I get back from work. I actually noticed it when playing against a Wolf in training mode.
@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood , you are also correct, I'll fix that too.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
JKJ said:
Fox becoming far more prominent in recent times is, I submit, a direct result of the popularity of the 20XX meme/mindset. It used to be that Hungrybox loved the Fox matchup, and Armada as well, but now that they are being beaten and outplayed by Mango and Leffen, they have copped out and basically johned by complaining about and/or switching to Fox (for some matchups, in Armada's case. They simply say "what can I do, it's Fox" instead of saying what they used to say: "How can I better outplay and read my opponent to beat Fox?" The 20XX meme has spawned a degenerative trend in smash, where players feel it is a legitimate excuse to blame their character. What has happened since some players have switched to Fox? Hax has basically maintained the same level, just outside of top level, and Armada still can't beat Leffen. People saying that Fox is unbeatable are just lazy, and their laziness is validated by the widespread acceptance of the 20XX meme. I'm more and more hearing character johns and complaining from players, and I'm less and less seeing them actually improve. If people just accepted that all characters and players have weaknesses and the best players are the ones who know how to expose and abuse those weaknesses, we'd be far better off. And no, I am not trying to argue that Fox and Falco aren't the best, or that everyone is viable, or any other such exaggeration. All I'm saying is that if you play a top 8 character, stop complaining. If you play a lower character and can't find success, maybe that character isn't for you. But look what comes of a good mindset and a great player, even with a sub-par character: aMSa emerges, Axe emerges, Plup, Darrell, Abate, Eddy Mexico, and Shroomed all emerge. They come not from their characters but from fundamental skill, practice, knowledge, and a good mindset.

tl;dr No johns, 20XX is only damaging as an idea, get better.
Thoughts anyone? I think this is a nice share even if you agree/disagree with it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What do you mean when you say shield pushback?
when you are shielding and get hit, you are "pushed" a distance based on the damage of the hitbox that hit you. this phenomenon is referred to as shield pushback.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
So is Fox losing his Reflector invincibility frames a big change? I don't play him so I wouldn't know.
Anyone know if its still possible to shine Fox/Falco outve their phantasm without that initial invicibility frame? ( I believe it was only frame 1 in melee, correct me if I am wrong..)

Ive tried and never got it so I wonder if its my timing or its just no longer possible in PM.

Top Bottom