• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
"I lost because chaingrabbing is different in Project M"

pretty legit

edit:
I lost because chaingrabbing is stupid
I lost because Falco is stupid
I lost because L-Canceling stupid (cuz who needs verbs)
I lost because the physics are in french
I lost because my fingers are unprofessional
I lost because the blast zones are against my religion

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I lost because my opponent showed this pic to me and I was scared to play against my opponent who plays Peach.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
"I lost because my opponent's character is too loud."

Legit John against Roy

Fortress

Smash Master
Damn downplaying yourself.
I'm downplaying how utterly poorly I was performing, yeah. Ninth place isn't top eight, and who gives two ****s about placements that aren't top eight?

yea dude it was nice to meet you too
I never said I was a particularly pleasant person. I'm fairly certain I told @Praxis "yeah, I'm that asshole from the boards. It's not just a forum persona."

I mean, it was fun to finally meet some of the people from here, and participate in a larger tournament (the largest I've attended, anyway), but **** if I couldn't play worth a damn.

Last edited:

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
"I lost because control buffering is against my religion."

this is goes out to the control buffering thread

EDIT: moar
I lost because my teammate is too sexy.
I lost because that combo is too easy.
I lost because the physics are better in Melee. (this is legit for me, but only in my mind)
I lost because you are against my religion.
I lost because the stage is from the west coast.
I lost because I am european. (this could could be a good one if professor pro loses to Rolex, doubt it though)
I lost because my opponent is japanese. (against amsah)
I lost because my chair is different in Project M.
I lost because the tournament organizer is too bright.
I lost because the sun is too fast.
I lost because my opponent is too easy.

love this

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
so what are you like twelve or something
Or something. Not top eight, that's all I know. Or just incredibly bitter that I let myself down so hard.

At least I don't John. It'd be bad enough if I got bodied hard and then John'd. Ask @ Bryonato Bryonato . I didn't play that well, but I didn't give myself an excuse.

Last edited:

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
" I lost because you're better than me, so im going to practice and enhance my play so that the next time we play together i'll do much better"
The honest john.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ 9bit 9bit what exactly can i do about my control? My control now has this weird problem where i have to mash the stick hard to the right and even then it doesn't do anything, so i can't run to the right most of the time and this has stopped me from playing entirely since i get so pissed off about it, what can i do in your experience?
Is this plugged in to a Wii or WiiU, not your computer through and adapter?
Do you have the same problem on a GameCube?
Have you tried un-plugging and re-plugging in the controller?
Have you tried resetting it by holding X+Y+Start for like 5 seconds (while the Wii is on, and it'll probably have to be in a game that uses the GCN controller)?

Other than that it's hard to know what the problem is unless you open the thing up and see if there's any kind of physical damage. I've never had the problem myself but if I did, those are the things I would think / check.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Is this plugged in to a Wii or WiiU, not your computer through and adapter?
Do you have the same problem on a GameCube?
Have you tried un-plugging and re-plugging in the controller?
Have you tried resetting it by holding X+Y+Start for like 5 seconds (while the Wii is on, and it'll probably have to be in a game that uses the GCN controller)?

Other than that it's hard to know what the problem is unless you open the thing up and see if there's any kind of physical damage. I've never had the problem myself but if I did, those are the things I would think / check.
yes
yes
yes
yes

dang it, well thanks anyways, it's just so freaking hard to find a control where i live and i don't have another control to replace it with (the motherboard at least)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yea dawg you know i'll be there. was kinda hoping you would be too >.>
Protip: request those off earlier.
i know, but i had requested Sakuracon weekend off, so i dont think theyll let me request days off again so soon. With any luck, i dont work saturday, and ill make it. I'll try and bring a recording setup if i do so we can get some matches recorded

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I have to make a 15min powerpoint on a business related topic on tuesday (pretty much anything that has money in it), and I'm doing it on Esports/Smash/Venues and Tournaments. I know I'm going to talk about the two local gaming center places near chicago (EXPgaming and Gamer's HQ), and the big tournaments like EVO (which I'll also use pictures for). But I'm a little clueless on talking about other e-sports (all I got to say atm is Fighting games are big, LoL is super big, and SC1 and 2 are loved by Japan(and korea?)), and I'm probably gonna need some data on the revenues created at EVO and Apex or something which if anyone has a post on anything like that for some major tournament or something I'd super appreciate. Or any idea suggestions for it too. I think I'll talk about how smash tournaments are run overall with venue fees and payouts and travel but I'm not super informed on this info either. If anyones got a good article on something give it.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
my pre-calc class is canceled tomorrow for a day filled with math presentations. excited to see some of these. it's definitely going to be an interesting day. gonna go to the following presentations:

Applications of Linear Algebra in Robotics
Basic Image Compression and Matrices
Grandmas Know Mathematics
A new spin on the yo-yo

after lunch with professors and presenters is "Calculus: The Musical!". it ought to be good lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
my pre-calc class is canceled tomorrow for a day filled with math presentations. excited to see some of these. it's definitely going to be an interesting day. gonna go to the following presentations:

A new spin on the yo-yo

after lunch with professors and presenters is "Calculus: The Musical!". it ought to be good lol

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

A new spin on the yo-yo

I won't lie.

That sounds REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BORING.

Pls record and post videos so I can be proven wrong.

Top Bottom