• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
In my opinion, if a game needs balance to be interesting and engaging at high level play, then that's a sign that there might be more than a few problems with the underlying game itself.
You could've just said the above and that alone, and gotten your point across.
But yeah, that's how it is.

Yeah?
Makes me wonder why we even play any games at high level.

Geez.

It's almost like your argument just evaporated with that statement.

Smooth Criminal
And yet you didn't say I'm wrong in any form, nor provide any reasonable proof to that effect.

Don't bother even replying, next time. Save yourself the effort, and me the irritation.

EDIT: I finally figured out how to get my livestream functional, doing so from my 360(got more than a few games!) at twitch.tv/mechwarriorny

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean, hell, it's not like you provided any hard evidence as to why high level play with a handful of characters is monotonous, either.

Don't like rhetoric? Then don't post baseless tripe. It's fine to have an opinion and all, but it's asinine to speak in absolutes.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I mean, hell, it's not like you provided any hard evidence as to why high level play with a handful of characters is monotonous, either.

Don't like rhetoric? Then don't post baseless tripe. It's fine to have an opinion and all, but it's asinine to speak in absolutes.

Smooth Criminal
And you did nothing at all, besides be passive-aggressive.

And to think I wonder occasionally. why I dislike most people in general...
Here's the sort of crap that makes that happen. lol

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm confused by the beginning of that. You're back throwing, then doing a...dash attack to the right???

Also I don't agree about low tier tourneys at all lol, most low tiers can't realistically compete in all-chars-legal events. It works for pokemon, I don't see why it wouldn't for smash. There's a lot of characters and not a lot of diversity, there's nothing wrong with giving them a chance to shine and be explored competitively without being seen as nothing but a hindrance to the player.

Melee players 2 tryhard.
it's a dash attack then when the opponent throws out a aerial you whiff punish with a grab which goes into a back throw then a dash attack then UAIR, L-Cancel it then shine jump cancel then DAIR fast fall, L-Cancel, Shine jump cancel jump again fast fall DAIR, L-Cancel shine then jump into a sweetspotted side-B.

The combo is pretty much from this.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i didnt post it, it was too big and tumblr does stuff to large gifs that makes it suck
smashbrosuniverse.tumblr.com
also, anyone mind helping me find a sound effect? The alarm in Frigate Orpheon is terrible, and i want to use something that souds more like the one in this song

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Hey, I'm thinking about picking up Bravely Default guyz. Any testimony on the game or alternative recommendations?
5 words: You will WANT to grind.
LOL
Get it.

EDIT: I have no beef with SC, folks,I was testy from remembering the stupid **** some people have said and continue to say to me for no good reason.
My apologies.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I just started watching Attack on Titan. I really like it. I wanted my roommate to watch it with me, but with his bad eyesight and slow reading speed, concentrating on subtitles and paying attention to the action at the same time is an unusual strain for him. I tried googling for a dubbed version but to no avail. Iirc all I could find was Like the first 15 episodes... for 95 USD.
* Late Post *
Should I guess you were watching it via Netflix if you had subtitles going? If not, I didn't think Toonami aired animes that required subtitles.
-
Also, hey guys. Sorry been extra busy this week.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Play the Bravery Default demo first and that will help you get a feel on the game and your gear from the demo will transfer to the full game.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm looking for someone who's really competitive to challenge my friend. So far he thinks that he's the best at this game and competitive players would be an easy challenge. My Friend Code is 3953-1614-5405

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys there is an edit button, stop double posting please.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
@ Hylian Hylian
Kinda late but I enjoyed watching your "How2train" video you did. It was actually pretty helpful and answered some questions I honestly didn't know, and expanded on the things I did know. Hopefully you continue to make more :grin:

D

Deleted member

And yet you didn't say I'm wrong in any form, nor provide any reasonable proof to that effect.

Don't bother even replying, next time. Save yourself the effort, and me the irritation.
asking someone to provide proof for an opinion, knowing that it's impossible, and replying to your own inane request with a dismissive axiom is about as passive-aggressively douchey as it gets.

asking for proof of anything in a social thread should get you shot IRL

Last edited by a moderator:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@ Hylian Hylian
Kinda late but I enjoyed watching your "How2train" video you did. It was actually pretty helpful and answered some questions I honestly didn't know, and expanded on the things I did know. Hopefully you continue to make more :grin:
Thanks man :). I will certainly make more, still thinking of things for the next episode so if you or anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
asking someone to provide proof for an opinion, knowing that it's impossible, and replying to your own inane request with a dismissive axiom is about as passive-aggressively douchey as it gets.

asking for proof of anything in a social thread should get you shot IRL
I'm gonna need some proof of these assertions, Max.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Good thing I have no side to follow blindly but if I did it would be part of Dr.PeePee fanclub and the united scumminess of Falco Lombardi.

Top Bottom