• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Step one: acquire Project M hackless build through their website.
Step two: open nohomebrew.zip
Step three: Drag and drop the files into the root of your SD card.

Seriously, it's that easy.
So the Wii just reads the files and does it no issues. Huh. That's more than easy to explain.

You have my thanks. And my apologies for being so n00bish.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I'll definitely be using 3.0, as it's actually what got me interested in it all. Thanks so much for the offer, though!

I've kinda convinced my brother (he's not against it anymore), and I'll be able to explain to my mother how it works and mention that it doesn't include hacking of any sort. To do that, though, I kinda need to know how it's done myself. Do you, or perhaps someone else, know how to explain it in a relatively simple way?
The simplest way I know of what it does is that it crashes the game, then allows the P:M code to launch a customized boot option, which is where you then launch P:M. It then relaunches the game with the added P:M code running alongside it.

@ B.W. B.W. - Heh, be careful, I might be hitting on you next ;)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The simplest way I know of what it does is that it crashes the game, then allows the P:M code to launch a customized boot option, which is where you then launch P:M. It then relaunches the game with the added P:M code running alongside it.

@ B.W. B.W. - Heh, be careful, I might be hitting on you next ;)
Hmm...I think I'll use the term "stops from booting" instead of "crashing".

For the sake of...persuasion.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Got wobbled the other day. Boy have I never felt more violated in my life.

Good thing I don't know any Brawl IC main.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Jesus, are people protecting your Wii like it's the last of its kind? PM's going to crash at least once for you at some point. It's not particularly bad for your wii, your disc, your SD card, or anything. I just feel like you're going to be banned from PM the minute it crashes because it's so l33t haxxor CSIII-worthy.

B.W.

Smash Champion
What she means is, whatever day we may or may not meet, she's going to hit me over the head with a chair.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Good thing I don't know any Brawl ICs main.
3 grabs = game

oh and everything is unsafe on shield

yay.

Jesus, are people protecting your Wii like it's the last of its kind? PM's going to crash at least once for you at some point. It's not particularly bad for your wii, your disc, your SD card, or anything. I just feel like you're going to be banned from PM the minute it crashes because it's so l33t haxxor CSIII-worthy.
mine crashed when I put it in slow motion

/tears

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've noticed that more Brawl TO's seem to be up for trying 1 stock tourneys (totally agree with this)... but the one thing that strikes me is that Ice Climbers would have to be the most stressful thing ever to play against.

Vashimus

Smash Master
1 stock tournies, single elimination. Salt everywhere.

Sh*t is getting too real in the Tier List thread. Seems nice and safe here...for now.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I've noticed that more Brawl TO's seem to be up for trying 1 stock tourneys (totally agree with this)... but the one thing that strikes me is that Ice Climbers would have to be the most stressful thing ever to play against.
I was literally thinking about this just then

1 stock tournaments are absurd simply because ICs, ZSS and Lucario exist. It leaves you with absolutely ZERO room for error. No hype comebacks, nothing.

I hope tournament organizers are smart enough to kill this 1 stock thing before people start thinking it's a thing.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Nah, once I've convinced everyone it's fine, then I'm okay. Heck, I've had Brawl itself crash once or twice.

1 stock tournies, single elimination. Salt everywhere.

Sh*t is getting too real in the Tier List thread. Seems nice and safe here...for now.
Since it seems safer to ask in here, is there a current (WIP) tier list? I know that it won't be accurate, but I'm curious what the general consensus is around here.
I was literally thinking about this just then

1 stock tournaments are absurd simply because ICs, ZSS and Lucario exist. It leaves you with absolutely ZERO room for error. No hype comebacks, nothing.

I hope tournament organizers are smart enough to kill this 1 stock thing before people start thinking it's a thing.
Being a spectator, I can say that it would be much less entertaining to viewers as well to have only 1 stock matches. Seeing the stocks go down is one of the biggest parts of hype.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Brawl T.O's trying to revive the being of Brawl with a defibrillator like Valentine's LVL 5 from Skullgirls. 1 stock 3-4 minutes with it will come the buff and rage of ZSS players with it and I don't know what to say if it will work or not.

And holy crap the PM tier speculation thread was a gang of people in it at least 250-300 people in there. Folks going crazy over their tier list and blowups.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Brawl T.O's trying to revive the being of Brawl with a defibrillator like Valentine's LVL 5 from Skullgirls. 1 stock 3-4 minutes with it will come the buff and rage of ZSS players with it and I don't know what to say if it will work or not.
it won't and hopefully no one is crazy enough to suggest that it's a good thing for the competitive scene

SunJester

Smash Ace
Honestly any tier list out right now is utterly subject to change. Pick a character you like, a lot of them are incredibly under-explored.

If I may theory craft for a little bit here, I think the very "worst" character in this game will be around Melee Pikachu/Melee Doc level. While they might struggle with certain match-ups, (in the right hands) they can still win.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I guess he posted on his social media outlets that he posted in that thread.

I agree with a lot of what he said but I still think Fox is amazballs in PM and Link is probably legit top 8, but I'm not sure he's OP or anything.

In other news, I really really need to cut my toenails. But I am lazy.

@Warchamp7 any thoughts / plans on implementing a text-editor-button for making tables in posts?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly any tier list out right now is utterly subject to change. Pick a character you like, a lot of them are incredibly under-explored.

If I may theory craft for a little bit here, I think the very "worst" character in this game will be around Melee Pikachu/Melee Doc level. While they might struggle with certain match-ups, (in the right hands) they can still win.
Definitely more balanced than any previous SSB game, at the very least.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Yeah I guess he posted on his social media outlets that he posted in that thread.

I agree with a lot of what he said but I still think Fox is amazballs in PM and Link is probably legit top 8, but I'm not sure he's OP or anything.

In other news, I really really need to cut my toenails. But I am lazy.

@Warchamp7 any thoughts / plans on implementing a text-editor-button for making tables in posts?
For a second there I thought you were gonna ask Warchamp for advice about cutting your toenails. Don't ask.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Those colors are terrible and lol no Smashboards should not do that. I remember Smashboards having Friday playing in the background of pages back years ago on April fools and it was soul crushing.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
look very patiently at the time
'tis midnight of a certain date. that date. the one with the boring jokes

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
real talk
I want Shulk in Smash 4.
/thread locked from Smash 4

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
this day is worthless because there is no way we're getting anything as amazing as turbo mode

burn it all to the ground, I am going to bed for 24 hours

Top Bottom