• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
The way to nerf Fox, the only thing that should be done to make Fox not so overpowering but still keep him Fox-like is to add ending lag to up-smash. It still comes out just as fast, but if he doesn't hit with it it's easier to punish. Otherwise I think Fox is perfectly fine in this game. There are so many characters that can **** up the spacies.

I think Falco is the best character in PM. People disagree with this and I understand why. But I think the changes to the Brawl engine like **** like RAR and being able to grab the ledge from a side-b and all that, I think that helps Falco more than Fox and it's also easier to do Falco shield pressure or whatever.

I'm really drunk and I keep almost posting in other topics but I think it's probably best to just stick to the social thread.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Nobody said "Kirby is OP pls nerf." I was simply pointing out that that was some damn gimmicky and disappointing play when we all know that Chu could have delivered something more legitimate. There were 4+ SDs match 1, and I can't say "that was terrible" without being accused of jumping on the "OP pls nerf" bandwagon, damn lmao. It's like you were trying to misinterpret what I said. Don't go fishing for a reason to preach so that you can stick another notch on your won-an-argument-on-the-internet belt. That's crazy amounts of vapid.
kirbycides and inhale gimmicks are a result of people not respecting kirby's space. There were some times when Chillin went in hard when he definitely shouldn't have and while I went to sleep before gfs I assume the same thing happened to him in gfs. That's part of kirby's character, being deceptive and having deadly tricks that seem stupid. When chillin forced kirby to play legit in their wf match, chu showed that he's just as good playing "legit" smash as he is at creating situations where it appears to be safe to approach and it isn't and you die in a kirby inhale related incident.

also **** typing lag smashboards pls nerf

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's nice enough in my part of Illinois that I can have the window open now.

There is a bird outside performing a mating call. It's awe-inspiring to say the least. This bird performs the same call (with slight variations) for hours on end, hoping to attract a mate.

The world spins around it, but it keeps on calling. It doesn't give a **** about getting to work on time or fixing its radiator or paying its taxes. It just flies around, tries not to get eaten, sits in a tree, and sings to try and lure in females to bang.

I feel very sorry for the people who don't find evolution through natural selection to be a wonderful and beautiful process. Because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside for a lot of reasons. It's kind of inspiring.

If you've been keeping track, I'm still pretty drunk right now. Not so drunk that I can't spell-check myself (that is a level of drunk that would rival the great drunks of history, btw), but drunk enough to spill some guts for you guys.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Just saying, at least 50% probability for a religion vs science battle incoming...
Either way, it makes me happy that phenomenons, proposed on papers, blank theory, can be observed decades later lightyears away. There is such a beauty in it...

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Nobody said "Kirby is OP pls nerf." I was simply pointing out that that was some damn gimmicky and disappointing play when we all know that Chu could have delivered something more legitimate. There were 4+ SDs match 1, and I can't say "that was terrible" without being accused of jumping on the "OP pls nerf" bandwagon, damn lmao. It's like you were trying to misinterpret what I said. Don't go fishing for a reason to preach so that you can stick another notch on your won-an-argument-on-the-internet belt. That's crazy amounts of vapid.
kirbycides and inhale gimmicks are a result of people not respecting kirby's space. There were some times when Chillin went in hard when he definitely shouldn't have and while I went to sleep before gfs I assume the same thing happened to him in gfs. That's part of kirby's character, being deceptive and having deadly tricks that seem stupid. When chillin forced kirby to play legit in their wf match, chu showed that he's just as good playing "legit" smash as he is at creating situations where it appears to be safe to approach and it isn't and you die in a kirby inhale related incident.

also **** typing lag smashboards pls nerf

let's not have a religion vs science battle imo
this is a double post but kill me since lagboards is being stupid and editing posts is stupid

religion and science can comfortably coexist and the false dichotomy that is perpetrated by things like the bill nye vs creationism debate only succeeds in spreading strife and making people angry over issues that shouldn't exist. The vast majority of protestant churches and the catholic church recognize evolution and the big bang, except they attribute the unknowns of the origins of the big bang to divine intentions. The discovery of gravity waves doesn't disprove religion and actually strengthens religion almost as much as it strengthens science.

Last edited by a moderator:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I learned one of my problems in Project: M is that I lack disciplined play, that is to say that I don't have patience or anything like that. I noticed I'd play into my opponent's moves and they always knew it was coming... What do I to fix this aspect of my game?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Science vs religion? That's an easy argument.

I believe in god.
Is there really any need to say more? If I believe in something, you can go out of your way to try to prove why my beliefs don't stand their ground but you can't really change my mind if I earnestly believe in something.

To someone like me, science and religion kind of go hand in hand. I mean to me personally, It's much cooler to have a god that orchestrated all the foundations that created the universe rather than "Snap fingers, suddenly people exist."

I also don't really mind if their is no god, but trust me, you'd probably prefer if there was one.

--------------------------------------------

Religion aside time for the real post.

I, Am, So, TIRED

Being the normal me, I decided to procrastinate like a champion again. Put off this whole chapter of work till the day right before and I was working on it from like 8pm - 3:30am. It's so much work that I only managed to get half of it done in that time frame (Although I was busy browsing *ahem* smashboards while working.)

But now I'm ridiculously tired because I wake up at 5:30. Even worse I have a very important test (On the work that I only half finished too)

I'm just glad when I checked my email my english class was cancelled or else I still would of had to retype up a synthesis paper as well.

On a scale from 1 - 10, how screwed am I?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
No, I really, truly, honestly dislike interacting with people. I don't get how I could be more ****ing frank than with replying with the word "no".
No voice tone to be heard, it's only text here; you know the drill.
Good on you!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I learned one of my problems in Project: M is that I lack disciplined play, that is to say that I don't have patience or anything like that. I noticed I'd play into my opponent's moves and they always knew it was coming... What do I to fix this aspect of my game?
I would say make them flustered and punished them for mistakes so you'll get hit less by those silly moves or do what I do and dashdance like a mofo and make people whiff and punish them for it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I just realized that the Premium advertisement at the top of the page changes to 'Thanks for supporting Smashboards <3' if you have Premium.
@Warchamp7 you da bess

Paradoxium

Smash Master
After like 5 years, the old sig had to go ;_;. I'll miss you samus <3.
First your ribbons go and now your sig, you're a shadow of your former self Hylian.

But the good news is that you can join the #MeleeGang anytime you'd like. We are in dire need of members, so far we only have 1

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
nerf fox imo

i hate fox in smash

but i love the starfox series

go figure
i don't necessarily hate fox in smash, but i think he's kind of dumb, design-wise.

i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurv starfox 64.

so, i pretty much know those feels : p

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
So ignore whatever the hell i just posted. Apperently i quoted someone twice and posted, dispite the fact that I wasent even online -.-

Last edited:

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
If this happens then I will cry tears of joy and hope the game is a good mix of Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assualt.
I would love to see the on-foot sections make a comeback. Always wanted it since Star Fox: 64 introduced it in multiplayer and I think Assault did it really well (they should have made dual-stick controls default though). I would love for the Star Fox: 64 like flying sections to come back as well. Star Fox: Command controls can stay gone. Why they forced those controls into Star Fox is beyond me.

So who's better in Star Fox Assault: Fox or Falco?
If I remember the stats right, Fox was better in just about everything except flying.

Neither got nothing on Wolf though..

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Falco was slightly faster, too, but with less health/jumping height. In other words the opposite of Smash.

Fox was balanced in everything except Landmaster driving (lol), which was 2nd only to Slippy.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
In multiplayer for Star Fox Assualt, Fox had balanced stats all across the board of 3 stars for health, speed and jump while with Arwing, Landmaster and Piloting skills were 4 stays so Fox was very well-rounded while Falco had the lowest health of all the characters with 1 star with his speed being 4 stars so he's faster than Fox which I find very weird and his jump is average of 3 stars along his piloting skills as well which I kinda find it as a insult cause he's the Star Fox team's ace pilot stat wise while his Arwing skills is maxed out of 5 stars and Landmaster skills are 2 stars.

EDIT: I have the Star Fox assault manual right in front of me lol.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wolf is stupidly OP in that game. No idea why they made him the best at everything and even gave him enough health so that he's the only character that can't be 1-shotted by the sniper.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
So im about to do another run of paper mario and the one thosand year, but this time i want a challange. What type of run should i do? so far Im thinking about doing badge points only, no partner upgrades, a maximum of 3 items can
be used in each chapter.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Wolf's stats was crazy in the game having max stars in Health, Speed(which makes sense but it doesn't as well) and Arwing skills when he is in the Wolfen and it's a pain to unlock while everything is a 2 stars which is him in a landmaster or arwing or 3 stars.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So im about to do another run of paper mario and the one thosand year, but this time i want a challange. What type of run should i do? so far Im thinking about doing badge points only, no partner upgrades, a maximum of 3 items can
be used in each chapter.
Pre-Hooktail Pit of 100 Trials is pretty insanely hard if you're looking for a side challenge. Outside of that, maybe no Power Bounce but the item limitations would also be a good choice seeing as you'd have to be really smart about some things (ie. do I heal now or save that last use for a Power Punch against Grodus?). There's also no using Special moves outside where they're required (basically Chapter 3), seeing as how they're really good in TTYD.

Blade-Fox

Smash Apprentice
I think the Cluster Bomb was my favorite weapon in that game. Take it up to the highest point on the map or put it on an Auto-Pilot Wolfen/Arwing and watch the destruction. Pretty funny watching it spread out way further than it was supposed to and kill your friends.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I wish I lived somewhere that big cities existed nearby
It's actually not a big city at all. The area is very much suburban.

Also, it seems the majority believes Fox and Falco shouldn't be changed any further. I guess that's that.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First your ribbons go and now your sig, you're a shadow of your former self Hylian.

But the good news is that you can join the #MeleeGang anytime you'd like. We are in dire need of members, so far we only have 1
Not a shadow just...trimming some fat.

Top Bottom