• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yes it is cause they are people live in booty areas for smash and wi-fi was all they had. Also despite the lag and all of that people still used it to practice still and the wi-fi ladder on All Is brawl( wow can't believe that website still around). All in all it hurts alot of people especially if your a smash, Pokemon or a Mario Kart player.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Yes it is cause they are people live in booty areas for smash and wi-fi was all they had. Also despite the lag and all of that people still used it to practice still and the wi-fi ladder on All Is brawl( wow can't believe that website still around). All in all it hurts alot of people especially if your a smash, Pokemon or a Mario Kart player.
And Naruto Ninja Revolution 3 players :(
*Although I barely ever play the game*

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Mario Kart Wii online was legit. I dunno where they screwed up with Brawl.
A larger number of inputs and the need for inputs to be synchronised causes the lag. In Mario kart, it's pretty inconsequential if you let players handle their karts on the client-side.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
But guys, smash 4's gonna have a net-code that's on par with killer instinct.
I bet my left leg and right arm on it.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
A larger number of inputs and the need for inputs to be synchronised causes the lag. In Mario kart, it's pretty inconsequential if you let players handle their karts on the client-side.
Hmmm, I see. Hopefully they are able to deliver a decent online service with SSB4. Nintendo tends to downplay the importance of having a good online, especially in times like these when so many people judge games for their online experience.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But guys, smash 4's gonna have a net-code that's on par with killer instinct.
I bet my left leg and right arm on it.
I'm pretty sure you're going against the law of Equivalent Exchange.

I hope you know a cute busty blond mechanic, buddy.

Spooky Skook

Smash Cadet
So can someone explain to me why people don't update their netcodes as time goes on?
I'll be the first to admit that I think the internet is magic so I don't understand much about the netcode, but wouldn't it be easier to just update the netcode as new problems arise instead of just giving up and waiting till the next game to try it again?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Because development costs money and there is no incentive to spend money fixing netcode when you can fix it from the ground up the next go around without worrying about ****ing up the experience that people are used to already.

Also, because Nintendo.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So can someone explain to me why people don't update their netcodes as time goes on?
I'll be the first to admit that I think the internet is magic so I don't understand much about the netcode, but wouldn't it be easier to just update the netcode as new problems arise instead of just giving up and waiting till the next game to try it again?
By nature, coders are lazy. Can confirm- I'm a coder. The only real incentives for us are food and the pay to get us better tech. Some coders overcome this, but most do not.

Also, if you've ever glanced at a page of code in your life, you'll quickly realize it is torture and ultimately a futile effort to try to fix code so messed up from patching over the years that it's barely readable. I'm sure they've saved a few general outlines of structure, and (hopefully) ideas for improving it, but the original code is out of the picture. It's literally like giving 5 kids one crayon each, letting them draw lines on a wall, and trying to figure out where one color ends and the other begins. You just... can't.

Oh, and when you update really old code, it tends to create more bugs that need more patching later, which creates a vicious cycle. Like, you know, the pharmaceutical industry. "Here, have some medicine for your disorder. Oh and here, have some medicine to treat the dry mouth that the medicine caused. Ah, my bad, here's some pain medicine to treat the pain that second one causes"

Also, as Comeback Kid said, Nintendo.

Last edited:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
well aint this some BS. I am finally geting a new isp and the nintendo wifi is about to kick the bucket. Well i have about 3 months to try and reverse my ranking as "the lag god".

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Big dreams have small beginnings
And small graves when they die.
well aint this some BS. I am finally geting a new isp and the nintendo wifi is about to kick the bucket. Well i have about 3 months to try and reverse my ranking as "the lag god".
Play a GOOD game online.
only ever using wifi doesn't exactly qualify as a smash career
Agreed with you here. Online is just that; online, and no more.
Mario Kart Wii online was legit. I dunno where they screwed up with Brawl.
Everywhere. /exactwordingson

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sapphire Dragon with IRL nerd knowledge also It sucks for people who want to practice DI options and such cause Smash having a booty butt cheeks training mode( please Namco get Harada specifically and beat Sakurai upside the head till he work on this seriously) and casuals who just wanna play with their friends as well as people who dont have scenes cause they don't know where to look and/or live in some rural bum place in the country. It also sucks for people who haven't played games like Mario Kart Wii yet and haven't tried online like me :( . Pokemon community will also be hurting hella as well.

Also I went back to playing Wi-fi for brawl randomly a couple of months back after games with real netcode and holy crap it's bad like if you stuck on a island and forced to use dial-up to watch videos on the internet and contact people while eating moldy bread cause you got nothing else to snack on ATM.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
What cave do you live in?

Smooth Criminal
A "cave" where the UMVC / BlazBlue / Street fighter scene is way bigger than the smash scene.
Suffering.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm quitting Cheetos and Doritos, they never make me feel better after eating them and they got just a bunch of health factors in the dyes.

I have to play you, Das, Zhime, Adinseed, and whomever else before this thing goes down.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Street fighter is bigger and Marvel in North America and that's really it.
[citation needed]
I've NEVER seen smash get consistently higher headcount at it's best than FGC stuff at it's best(bias inherent, I don't keep track of ALL tourneys).

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm quitting Cheetos and Doritos, they never make me feel better after eating them and they got a bunch of health hazards in the dyes. What's the next best thing to munch on? Should I try finding cheap unsalted peanuts?

I have to play you, Das, Zhime, Adinseed, and whomever else before this thing goes down.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
[citation needed]
I've NEVER seen smash get consistently higher headcount at it's best than FGC stuff at it's best(bias inherent, I don't keep track of ALL tourneys).
Melee's probably #3 in terms of size these days, behind SF and Marvel.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
+1 for peanuts
you can get yourself a few pounds (in the shell or gtfo) for a couple bucks
as long as you store them well they'll last a looooong time
In the shell tastes better imo, and also having to work a little to get at your snack makes you more prone to eating less of them

nuts in general though
amazing
peanuts are just my personal favorite... even if they are technically not nuts...

Bambi_

King of the Forest
I think I discovered something

YOSHI:
  • Powerful spike aerial
  • Good spacing/follow-up projectile
  • Useless side-b that beginners spam anyway
  • Subpar recovery
  • Easy to gimp
  • Tilts are great for combos
  • Five letter name
  • Huge nose
  • Top 9 at Apex
  • Dinosaur
FALCO:
  • Powerful spike aerial
  • Good spacing/follow-up projectile
  • Useless side-b that beginners spam anyway
  • Subpar recovery
  • Easy to gimp
  • Tilts are great for combos
  • Five letter name
  • Huge beak
  • Top 9 at Apex
  • Bird (birds are basically modern dinosaurs)

Yoshi is literally Falco

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You mean EX Yoshi lol ? Transcended goofy clown shoes for shoes to stomp heads in, pilot Arwings and have a blaster to shoot people with.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It is for that money that Falco rakes in with the Star Fox team also flying around the Lylat system and all that.

Top Bottom