• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
no longer will I have to stare at visually awkward, wide as heck pictures of brackets given by the TOs

ty

Kati

Smash Lord
Loving the way he looks too. Brawl DDD had a blank expression on his face, looked really mindless if you ask me.
I loved the mindless look. He just looked so stupid, and yet was a ruler (with minions who also had questionable intelligence), and also had attitude.

Not diggin the right back at ya look.

-----

I'm operating on a friend's controller at the moment. Judging by the scrape marks, I think it safe to say this controller traveled somewhere very fast. This controller stops sending inputs randomly, and a long, but very thin, crack on the circuit board seems to span the length of the logo that it sits directly under. Is it safe to say that this part is done for? the sticks are in mint condition, so I would very much like to fix this.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I need to use CFG USB Loader in order to run the game. Does the launcher allow this or will I be unable to play the game from now on?

Revven

FrankerZ
There are zip files provided, though, so you can certainly still play if you know where to put the files for your particular setup.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
What I'm about to try, and what it sounds like you can do is: if you have to use a USB loader like I do (and Pwnz0rz does), you can still use the PM Launcher via Homebrew Channel to update the game and get news (if connected to Wifi), but then you'd back out to the Homebrew Channel and launch your CFG or what-have-you's.

Sounds good to me!

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
What I'm about to try, and what it sounds like you can do is: if you have to use a USB loader like I do (and Pwnz0rz does), you can still use the PM Launcher via Homebrew Channel to update the game and get news (if connected to Wifi), but then you'd back out to the Homebrew Channel and launch your CFG or what-have-you's.

Sounds good to me!
Doesn't work, I tried not too long ago. The launcher doesn't recognize your version of PM that way since the Brawl disc isn't in the drive and won't launch directly from Homebrew.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
so i didnt do anything different with 3.01 from anything else but when i load it up it just brings me to a black screen and nothing happens. what did i do wrong?

im loading from homebrew. once i click the app is when it goes black after showing a loading bar. it fades to black as if it is loading and after a couple minutes of waiting nothing has happened

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
one more thing.....on the site it does indicate that i do have to get rid of any modifications to the PM files before updating to 3.01. I just don't want to ruin anything if i put back in the modifications. Sooo i think i will wait for the changelist to come out and mod it back accordingly. Would that be the smart idea?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doesn't work, I tried not too long ago. The launcher doesn't recognize your version of PM that way since the Brawl disc isn't in the drive and won't launch directly from Homebrew.
Boo! PMBR fix broken program pls

jk i luv u guys

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Does custom music count as "file modifications"? Not that it would be at all linked to the existence of a .xml.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Skimmed the files and outside of a lot of character changes (as in bug fixes), it seems like you guys did quite a bit of work with stages and portraits.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
if you haven't been watching AGDQ, I'm going to talk to you instead b/c everyone I was normally talking with damn near fainted

THAT GOD DAMN RACE HAD ABOUT A QUARTER OF A SECOND GAP BETWEEN FIRST AND SECOND

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, when I try to load the Launcher I get a black screen, but that might be because I don't have a Brawl disc inserted.

The 3.01 patch itself works great though!

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
>Project M doesn't work without a Brawl disc.
No kidding?
:p Welllll I use a USB loader and I was hoping this Project M Launcher would at least be able to launch by itself and update the contents of the SD card :/

Not a big deal I have no problem updating manually, but it would have been cool

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
>Project M doesn't work without a Brawl disc.
No kidding?
you do know usb loading is a thing right
it would be pretty dumb of P:MBR to not enable the launcher to allow that either, considering some people have broken lasers. It's also not inherently illegal. Consumers are allowed to have back-ups of their discs and launch them with loaders.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah my Wii stopped reading discs a few months ago. I haven't tried cleaning inside it though, so it might just be that. But it did make some really nasty noises when it was failing for the first time. =[ Like a clicking, twitching noise...

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
you do know usb loading is a thing right
it would be pretty dumb of P:MBR to not enable the launcher to allow that either, considering some people have broken lasers. It's also not inherently illegal. Consumers are allowed to have back-ups of their discs and launch them with loaders.
Yeah, I know. I was thinking more "Brawl is required", but "disc" showed up in my mind. I agree that shouldn't be illegal (since it's essentially the same as redownloading a game you bought on Steam), but I don't think Nintendo would be so understanding.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
:p Welllll I use a USB loader and I was hoping this Project M Launcher would at least be able to launch by itself and update the contents of the SD card :/

Not a big deal I have no problem updating manually, but it would have been cool
That's what I did, manual updating isn't so bad. It lets you look at everything and see what has and has not been changed.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Yes. It needs to be 100% unedited. It does an md5 check to make sure you have unedited 3.0 before doing file changes
ah. thank you toaster. now to sift my custom music from the pmbr's out of the folder.
well, my old school download JUST finished... but I want to try this anyway. Seems interesting.

Edit: xml still not found. guess I'm doing the old way.

Edit 2: I think it's because I left a custom texture in. derp. no problem here!

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
lmao bakas

idk what the ****s going on, but miku is lookin at all of you with disgust

Top Bottom