• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
lmao bakas

idk what the ****s going on, but miku is lookin at all of you with disgust

About the new update though. Love Roy's new Final Smash, dirty as hell. I also didn't mind the color bars as much as others, but eh, they won't really be missed.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Yes. It needs to be 100% unedited. It does an md5 check to make sure you have unedited 3.0 before doing file changes
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Literally suffering right now. ;_;

But I love you guys anyway for making these changes.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
well i dragged and dropped the PM3.01 folder to replace everything that it needed to replace and im guessing it did. But my custom music is still there. The stages are back to normal though. I guess that is an error on my part.

Sidenote: i get ignored alot on these forums. I guess being acknowledged doesn't happen until you become a tourney smasher or something of the sort.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Does anyone know if we can change the song that plays in the Project M launcher?

I want Feint by Homebound in there. :o

Edit : NO I DONT.

IM LISTENING TO THIS AND ITS A REMIX OF THE MAIN THEME. I LOVE IT.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Not to double post but I feel it's important enough to warrant it.

After downloading the Project M 3.01 Wi-Fi safe set, I have not been able to connect to the internet in-game.

Error Code 50331, the code you get when your internet settings are incorrect. However, they should be correct as I just got done playing Wi-Fi matches with other friends before updating to 3.01

Edit : Solution found thanks to the PMBR.
Link : http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comme...tch_is_out_check_out_our_new_launcher/cemsyo9

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Not to double post but I feel it's important enough to warrant it.

After downloading the Project M 3.01 Wi-Fi safe set, I have not been able to connect to the internet in-game.

Error Code 50331, the code you get when your internet settings are incorrect. However, they should be correct as I just got done playing Wi-Fi matches with other friends before updating to 3.01
for whatever reason the Wifi safe build has the Full Codeset installed by default, but it also has separate folders containing the files required to switch between them manually, you have to do that first to play online

my guess is that it's to be prepared for the whole "switching between codesets" feature they intend to include to the launcher in the future

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
for whatever reason the Wifi safe build has the Full Codeset installed by default, but it also has separate folders containing the files required to switch between them manually, you have to do that first to play online
actually, the wifi download doesn't have stock control or input assist so they can't be the same codeset.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Since both are on the SD card how would I switch between them manually?

would this be something done from the Launcher itself or on the computer?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can get the patch itself no problem. The issues are entirely with the PM Launcher app.

Except for maybe that WiFi-safe set Saito was talking about

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
The launcher installs the full set right now, in the future it'll be able to switch for you.

Just in case that's what happened.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Warchamp hi. Any plans to make it like it was before where if you quoted someone, the quote would retain the color of the original text? I hate quoting someone and forcing my text color on their quote haha

Example:
The launcher installs the full set right now, in the future it'll be able to switch for you.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

I installed using the traditional method.

Downloaded the Wi-Fi set and as expected all features that are excluded from the Wi-Fi set are indeed excluded (Such as stage strike, and Stock Control) but I cannot connect to the internet.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Sometimes I think we view the GC controller as a bigger success in controller design than Nintendo does.

Doesn't suffer from the whole too big or too small issue that most controllers have depending on your hands.

And Nintendo's pro controllers are pretty **** from a comfort standpoint.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Face buttons on the GCC could def be improved. X and Y should be longer so they nearly touch. B should share that shape and nearly touch Y. Optimizes how many buttons you can press at once without lifting your finger.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
But if your gonna go in that direction DF, might as well just make it a traditional diamond button scheme.

These three kidney buttons completely surrounding the giant A button seems odd to me, but to be fair I thought the GC controller was a bit odd at first too.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
But if your gonna go in that direction DF, might as well just make it a traditional diamond button scheme.

These three kidney buttons completely surrounding the giant A button seems odd to me, but to be fair I thought the GC controller was a bit odd at first too.
My suggested scheme is better than the diamond format. It can do everything the diamond arrangement can do, except you can also press the bottom button and the top button together. Diamond fails in that pressing either set of opposing buttons requires you to lift your finger. The only two buttons on my modfied GCC face buttons layout with that issue are the horizontally opposing buttons, B and Y. It seems small when you put it like that, but having a central button that doesn't compromise the others in any way is actually pretty significant.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Sidenote: i get ignored alot on these forums. I guess being acknowledged doesn't happen until you become a tourney smasher or something of the sort.
Nah. I haven't been to a tourney for over a year, honestly probably two years. You'll get responded to if you post things that add to the discussion (such as something you like or an experience you've had about the current topic, when it's not Smash) or if you manage to post something incredibly funny. Either way, I won't ignore you. :p

On to P:M- This launcher idea is easily the best thing to happen to downloads. It's waaaaay more accessible for people with slower internet now. PMBR da bess <3

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Nah. I haven't been to a tourney for over a year, honestly probably two years. You'll get responded to if you post things that add to the discussion (such as something you like or an experience you've had about the current topic, when it's not Smash) or if you manage to post something incredibly funny. Either way, I won't ignore you. :p

On to P:M- This launcher idea is easily the best thing to happen to downloads. It's waaaaay more accessible for people with slower internet now. PMBR da bess <3
I guess my post seem boring then? Welp back to the drawing board in my little corner. But thanks ^___^

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Quick question about 3.0.1, if I just download the Hackless Wii Full Set it should be 3.0.1, right? Because I did that and it was still 3.0.

Edit: nvm, figured it out.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
*Smashboards has experienced an unexpected error. Please try again at a later time.*

"WAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!"

*Smashboards boots up*

"Hey it worked! :D"

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
is there a mirror for 3.01? i keep trying to download it from the site, but the download just stops as if it was completed, and when i try to open it, i get unexpected end of archive

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Watching WW again, the Master Sword is big as ****, I feel like his sword doesn't compare in Smash. :(
I guess it's not up to scale for the purpose of balance, or something.

Generally speaking characters that wield a weapon tend to have above normal range, probably the most notable examples being the Lords.

Top Bottom