• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

melee is my worst matchup because i still can't get notable placings at tournaments with falcon

Bazkip

Smash Master
not sure if serious or not.

Peach > Fox vs IC
You beat IC by splitting them up

Shine's better at splitting them up because...well we all know the amazing attributes of the move and the character it's attached to, I don't need to explain that.

You or maybe someone else will probably want to say that's an oversimplification, and...yeah, it is. Fox obviously doesn't just win by just doing shine stuff. The same way Peach doesn't just win by doing Peach stuff.
You need to know what you're doing and properly apply the tools.

One's just a far superior tool.

D

Deleted member

but falcon has been with me since 2003, i feel like if I switch mains, i'll be breaking up with him

SpiderMad

Smash Master
i hear your death grips brah, u ain't slick
Yeah I love all their albums. This past month or so though, has been Kayne West month: yet another "artist" I didn't care to hear a single song from but tried to get into after Anthony Fantano's review of MDTF was hazed with dislike for being only a 6/10 album according to him. Which, after reading every review on Metacritic as well, I listened to constantly and now enjoy along with pretty much the rest of his discography (I can listen to MDTF, 808s and HB, and Yeeus straight through: but I have to skip a lot of despicable songs on the rest of his albums). Not long ago I would have never seen myself being able to stand either of these type of artists, or even enjoying drone music once in a while. Though liking Kanye is just as much enjoying all the samples themselves he uses but yeah.

Last night though I tried out Travis Scott's Rodeo (Which is pushing/testing my limits on filthy music) on headphone while I fell asleep, I woke up with my ear ringing for a good hour though and that scared me from pry listening to headphones again unless I got a quick auto- sleep timer set or somethin. Tinnitus is some scary stuff.

There's also Kendrick Lamar's TPABF, I can't get into it enough yet to say anything great about it aside from just saying its "listenable".

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ICs can get grab setups on fox fairly well enough for it to be 6-4 or 65-35, you have to get a lucky grab on peach (or just wildly mis-space every aerial like M2K did, bless 'im). ICs lose every neutral, to try and judge them on that is idiocy to the highest level, it's how consistently they can get a grab (and that grab leading to the only truly universal, unavoidable infinite in the game) that determines the matchup

like no **** fox has good neutral stuff, but it can be offset somewhat. trying to say "this historically significant matchup is wrong and these top players are all wrong because shine" is peak PM argument material

Bazkip

Smash Master
ICs can get grab setups on fox fairly well enough for it to be 6-4 or 65-35, you have to get a lucky grab on peach (or just wildly mis-space every aerial like M2K did, bless 'im). ICs lose every neutral, to try and judge them on that is idiocy to the highest level, it's how consistently they can get a grab (and that grab leading to the only truly universal, unavoidable infinite in the game) that determines the matchup

like no **** fox has good neutral stuff, but it can be offset somewhat. trying to say "this historically significant matchup is wrong and these top players are all wrong because shine" is peak PM argument material
pew pew blip blip torya

D

Deleted member

Yeah I love all their albums. This past month or so though, has been Kayne West month: yet another "artist" I didn't care to hear a single song from but tried to get into after Anthony Fantano's review of MDTF was hazed with dislike for being only a 6/10 album according to him. Which, after reading every review on Metacritic as well, I listened to constantly and now enjoy along with pretty much the rest of his discography (I can listen to MDTF, 808s and HB, and Yeeus straight through: but I have to skip a lot of despicable songs on the rest of his albums). Not long ago I would have never seen myself being able to stand either of these type of artists, or even enjoying drone music once in a while. Though liking Kanye is just as much enjoying all the samples themselves he uses but yeah.

Last night though I tried out Travis Scott's Rodeo (Which is pushing/testing my limits on filthy music) on headphone while I fell asleep, I woke up with my ear ringing for a good hour though and that scared me from pry listening to headphones again unless I got a quick auto- sleep timer set or somethin. Tinnitus is some scary stuff.

There's also Kendrick Lamar's TPABF, I can't get into it enough yet to say anything great about it aside from just saying its "listenable". I don't think the meaning of his songs will ever resonate with me.
To Pimp A Butterfly is an amazing experimental album, I feel as if Kendrick barely plays it safe with this record and he just puts out whatever he wanted to make, which he does really well. It's one of the few rap records that really impressed me, next to Madvillainy, I Don't Like ****, I Don't Go Outside, and Government Plates. I can't say I exactly relate to Kendrick on an emotional level, which is probably why I don't absolutely love the album, but overall Kendrick has always been an entertaining and great rapper to listen to.

As for Kanye, I'm really excited for Swish. I hope he explores more of what he put out in his recent track, than what he did with Yeezus, which by the way, was an amazing banger album, but I've always preferred older Kanye versus his arrogant, aggressive, angsty counterpart.

My favorite DG albums go in this order, by the way, Govenrment Plates = Jenny Death > ****** On The Moon > No Love Deep Web > Exmilitary > The Money Store.

To be honest though, I haven't been dabbling in rap as much as I would like to, I've been really listening to a lot of emo, post-hardcore, math rock, alternative rock, etc. (WHICH REMINDS ME, NEW WEEZER ALBUM COMING IN APRIL OMMMMG)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
M2K out? Mango in losers? Another Armada vs Hbox GF? I thought G3 was supposed to hype, god
some of it was kind of hype, more on the smash 4 end of things

japan won regional crews which blew people's minds a bit; them and mexico proved quite a bit this weekend

but no on the melee side of things this was...meh

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
some of it was kind of hype, more on the smash 4 end of things

japan won regional crews which blew people's minds a bit; them and mexico proved quite a bit this weekend

but no on the melee side of things this was...meh
Slox and Swedish double eliminating Hbox and Axe was pretty exciting.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Slox and Swedish double eliminating Hbox and Axe was pretty exciting.
right, that was the thing i remember being amazing

...though i don't actually like melee doubles all that much outside of team synergy, teams seems a format better suited to games with slower cameras to be quite honest

Bleck

Smash Master
historical significance didn't prevent M2K from getting grabbed

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
historical significance didn't prevent M2K from getting grabbed
No, it was a lack of match-up knowledge, lack of practice, and too much emotional investment that made him get grabbed, less so the character itself.

Anyway, PewPewU got 9th again so we at least have that as a confirmation that this is a national.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
SBF is on some god mode **** with how hard some of his reads are

AND HE'S STILL TAUNT CANCELLING THROUGH THE WHOLE THING. this is great

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yeah but it also gave us this beautiful moment
There was a problem fetching the tweet
With no context, I thought this was just a random game of rock-paper-scissors. It only made things even funnier once I realized what actually happened. lol

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
@Meiling is a no show. He knows he's going to get whooped so he tried infecting me with his weeabooitis last night. Also, he's a self hating Mexican who will vote for Trump.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Grey Belnades Grey Belnades This irrationally wannabe-macho gimmick of yours has always felt forced, got real old, real fast, and is more annoying than Meiling's weeaboo-type foolishness ever was.

Top Bottom