• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
remember when valve used to make games instead of just slowly filtering money out of the ones they already have
yeaaaa

Having to pay $2.50 for a chance to earn one costume set out of a collection of 9 or so sets, the other 8 I don't care for at all, is really scummy

And the alternative is to wait 3 months for the costume to appear on the marketplace... like holy ****

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
yeaaaa

Having to pay $2.50 for a chance to earn one costume set out of a collection of 9 or so sets, the other 8 I don't care for at all, is really scummy

And the alternative is to wait 3 months for the costume to appear on the marketplace... like holy ****
But the game is free to play and has better support. At least I know that's how it works for Dota 2

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Grey Belnades Grey Belnades
Why'd you go for an ECA instead of Garcinia Cambogia? Less long term side effects, less caffiene requirement, and the same results produced if you're good about your calorie intake.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

I don't think there's one piece of execution that's as unfortunate as pivots in (non-64) smash. such cool potential, but so heavily bottlenecked by the controller you use

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
But the game is free to play and has better support. At least I know that's how it works for Dota 2
They used to sell costume sets separately as well as selling the bundles. But now they're only selling the bundles for whatever reason.

I guess there are enough people out there who buy the bundles like hotcakes just for the one set or two they want (and in the worse case, using my example of 9 sets per bundle you're looking at 2.50*9 = $22.50 for a set you want because you can't get repeats) but me personally I can't be bothered with the RNG unless I like more than half of the sets in the bundle, which is happening rarely now because imo the quality of the sets are dropping significantly. For a person like me they make even less money, because instead of buying the bundle and Valve getting a portion of the cost, they're now getting an even smaller portion due to having to split it between the seller and the creator of the set. And thats if I even buy the set at all, 3 months is a pretty long waiting time...

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

I don't think there's one piece of execution that's as unfortunate as pivots in (non-64) smash. such cool potential, but so heavily bottlenecked by the controller you use
smash 4 pivots and being able to tilt with the c-stick make this really not that difficult at all. the pivot ftilt chains are just a rhythm

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
CameraZOOM-20151213155708016.jpg

At least someone's getting some sleep.

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades
Why'd you go for an ECA instead of Garcinia Cambogia? Less long term side effects, less caffiene requirement, and the same results produced if you're good about your calorie intake.
Because I've never heard of Garcinia Cambogia till right now...

Also caffeine isn't an issue for me. I do love me some coffee.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
all I do when getting stuff in TF2 is buy a key third-party (because that's basically the currency everyone uses, making the key itself worth a whole lot more than what you're supposed to use the key for, good economy guys), then trade it for other stuff

anything new that comes out in one of the "cases" (valve has a fear of crates now, I think) is tradeable within a week, and I am patient. it helps that there's only one thing I really want out of the newest ones (the pyro suit), and once I'm done I'll have completed my queer-ass loadouts for every class

2015-12-14_00001.jpg

I love playing dressup in a game based around reckless murder

smash 4 pivots and being able to tilt with the c-stick make this really not that difficult at all. the pivot ftilt chains are just a rhythm
oh no, actual player consistency isn't an issue here, so long as there's nothing between you and that tech that can cause complications you can do basically anything with consistency, the actual issue of pivoting lies within the stick itself. it's the same reason you don't see samus players SWD all the time in melee, it's possible, but for it to be useful in the long term you need to understand that every single time your stick does something new, or you messed with it even a little, or if you have to change controllers entirely, you're starting from square one

look at melee, you have players like plup who ****ed up his controller before top 8 at EVO. if that happened to you in ssb4, in a scenario wherein perfect pivots became a big deal in ssb4, you'd be screwed. there's no consistency to it

Attachments

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I was expecting the final line to be "sounds healthy" and the narrator's remark to be like "pizza sounds a lot less healthy than its ingredients."
I may have to reconsider my opinion on healthy.
Anyone still play pm 3.0 wifi hack if so
Fc: 1552-1897-9536
Usually play everyday
There's a wifi thread and it's not this one. Also netplay is more active afaik.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I love how even the back-handed smackdowns you get on /r/legaladvice are professional looking. a true lawyer community if there ever was one

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Because I've never heard of Garcinia Cambogia till right now...

Also caffeine isn't an issue for me. I do love me some coffee.
The only thing about it which is the same for all stimulants that deal with thermo stimulation is to just make sure you're consuming a lot of water. You're also not getting as much rest, which is equally important.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Brah you can never have too much pizza especially cold pizza.
PMS Pizza Party at G3?

The only thing about it which is the same for all stimulants that deal with thermo stimulation is to just make sure you're consuming a lot of water. You're also not getting as much rest, which is equally important.
I drink at least a gallon a day. I just didn't get enough sleep today though because I had to turn in a rental at the campus bookstore early today. Usually I make getting my 8 hours a top priority.

Edit: Have you taken Garcinia Cambogia? What's been your experience with it?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

never give up
RISE ABOVE HATE

#CENATION

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
competitive catherine doesn't have a random input lag for all non-buffered inputs

WHICH IS STILL REALLY WEIRD BTW and you never hear anyone make mention of it, even though I specifically remember a PM trailer in 2012 made solely to point out that brawl had it and PM wouldn't from 2.5 onwards

Bleck

Smash Master
requiring frame perfect accuracy to do anything is dumb

random input lag for all non-buffered inputs

WHICH IS STILL REALLY WEIRD BTW
it's less weird when you consider that this is also the game with tripping

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Frame perfect accuracy is an (arbitrary) execution barrier and is basically a balancing tool that is not ever required and completely optional.

It's neither dumb or not dumb.

It simply is.

Any tool used for balancing games has a time and place depending on goals and objectives.

It's like calling a hammer dumb.

Last edited:

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
My F A N C Y outfit in the "reckless murder game" is (for shpee)
Charmer's Chapeau
Circling TF Logo Le Party Phantom
Blood Banker
All painted Australium gold (if applicable)
It's fabulous.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
but trying to solve that by making things just be randomly delayed is worse. it doesn't matter if you want "accuracy" or whatever, but consistency in doing the actions required for stuff, and that stuff actually happening, is one of the requirements of a good competitive game

this isn't even taking into account that it meant a lot of stuff mid-tiers did (especially grab release -> DACUS) could just fail to work, but in the grand scheme of things, it didn't really help the metagame a whole ton. it's the same thing as with tripping; it's small, yes, and the same characters would still be busted without it at all, but its implications, even if they're minor, still helped nudged the game to become a mess of metaknights and safety above all (and then the subsequent attempts of balancing through rulesets, and then ICs being ICs and etc etc)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
getting used to a new mouse. even at max settings has less DPI than I'm used too, will be interesting

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
competitive catherine doesn't have a random input lag for all non-buffered inputs

WHICH IS STILL REALLY WEIRD BTW and you never hear anyone make mention of it, even though I specifically remember a PM trailer in 2012 made solely to point out that brawl had it and PM wouldn't from 2.5 onwards
A lot of people in the Brawl community shrugged it off as if it didnt make a difference. The input lag thing didnt overwrite the fact that the game had a universal 10 frame buffer window.

But it's not surprising they shrugged it off. Look at the stuff they had to deal with. I think the community just had this mentality of "Welp. Another stupid thing about our game we have to deal with. Oh well. Let's keep chugging along."

IIRC There were some people who were really bothered by it and wanted to implement the 0-2 frame delay fix as a tourney standard, but a lot of the TOs/Community Leaders were in esports/professional mode and nothing ever came of it.

There is a match of Brawl with M2K's MK vs some ICs on Castle Siege that I remember vividly. M2K's MK was on the left side of the stage on the initial transformation with ICs on the slopes. M2K dashed forward and immediately tripped into the ICs. That led to him getting CG'd to death. A lot of people were laughing and shaking their heads but that instance was burned into my memory for life because it was solid proof that tripping was a bigger deal than everyone who said it wasnt on the grounds that it hasnt cost anyone any matches or anything.

M2K managed to win the match regardless though so I guess it still is a bit of a moot point? Maybe?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

can we all just take a minute and mutually agree that esports is ****ing awful?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'd consider randomized input lag to be arguably worse, because at least with a trip, you knew it happened. if you and your opponent grabbed, and RNG just decides that your opponent gets to have that grab come out first, there is no way for you to see the difference between them simply inputting first. for all you know, you could've actually hit the input first and your opponent just got the 0 frames while you got the 2, but there's no way to reasonably argue that

it's a small thing that could have only ever happened for maybe a percentile of a percentile, but you don't know where that percentile is, for all you know it could be applied to some of the most important brawl matches of all time, and nobody would ever know

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
can we all just take a minute and mutually agree that esports is ****ing awful?
eSports is a necessary evil for growth and longevity beyond what we're currently capable of.

Grassroots can only grow so big unless the whole community is extremely financially well off.

And we all know our community is poor as ****.

Last edited:
Top Bottom