• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
a. that's not nearly as easy to do with windows 8 as it was in vista/7/xp
b. unlike dolphin, I can't set it to run at a higher fps, so it'll try to run it at 60 fps, get ornery, then run it slower and I can't change it to run at 70 (like I do on dolphin) so it ends up running at 60
c. it's probably a graphics card issue not a cpu issue

yeah that was what I was hoping wasn't the issue because thanks to budget laptop I'm pretty sure I have a soldered-in card
Pretty much. If you turned every graphic option off/to it's lowest level and you're still not getting 60 frames, I doubt there's much you can do outside of just buying/building a new PC.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
>downloaded xrd
>proceed to play
>30 fps
>try all I can to speed it up which involves running it on a 600x400 window and stopping everything else that's running on my computer
>56 fps

wtf my cpu is only like 18% occupied and I have 3 gigs of ram free WHY CAN'T I SET YOU TO RUN AT A HIGHER FPS WHY CAN'T I UPSCALE A SMALLER WINDOW TO FULLSCREEN

this is what I get for buying a semi-budget laptop (it has an i5 and more than enough memory but damn this is not working)

guess it's time to go back to playing melty blood lmao thank you 2003-vintage graphics

also I dunno why skullgirls and kofxiii run fine but xrd doesn't want to
Lol I was just trying to fix this myself on my laptop, the game runs like crap and I can get at most 20fps in game and 45 fps at the main menu

I also tried running Tembo the Badass Elephant and it got poor fps in that game too, which is odd because it doesn't seem like that demanding of a game

Weird to me that this thing can run PM at 60fps with 4 players but can't run GG or Tembo past 30

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I have exactly what they're looking at right here.
1449951087807.jpg

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Fortress Fortress 's bipson was too real. didn't take a round off of him at all. thanks for doing the online training after. can you send me all those links again? they scrolled too far past the chat window in steam and now i can't recover them lol

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene. They use the local community college to host this and TOLD ME BY EMAIL IF I CAME THERE THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME IN. This was out of nowhere so I immediately called the TO, who told me why. He said it was because I was frequently toxic and angry. He said that I yell at players and make them uncomfortable and scared, and that a girl quit because of me. While I DO sometimes get frustrated and vocalize it, so do many other people I am simply being discriminated against my voice is naturally deeper than most. also the truth is a girl never quit that is a complete lie, she was just butthurt that she was worst than everyone there. I'm so ****ing irate. I've been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance? I am entitled to a certain level of RESPECT for being a veteran player. I'm looking into finding a lawyer who get me unbanned. There MUST be a law that prevents people from arbitrarily banning others from certain locations without written documents proving it (the TO just SAID I was banned he did not provide any evidence.) The TO isn't rich or anything so I don't think I would have to ask a lot from him, I think he'd break under just pressure of lawsuit.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
dude, don't put up with that ****. you should talk to that dude the pmdt have, he could probably help you out.

Fortress

Smash Master
Hey Fortress Fortress , do you have playstation xrd? Just got it and was wondering if you'd like to play sometime.
Yeah. PSN is fortress_fgc. XBL is fun fortress. Steam is Fortress.

Fortress Fortress 's bipson was too real. didn't take a round off of him at all. thanks for doing the online training after. can you send me all those links again? they scrolled too far past the chat window in steam and now i can't recover them lol
My Bison is trash lol.

Fight Game Primer.
Footsie Handbook.
Beyond Technical
Beyond Technical; fundamental SFIV
Domination 101 (series by Seth Killian; can't find a compendium of all articles, a google search brings up a lot of them)
Juicebox on Whiff Punishing and Footsies
First Attack
USFIV Handbook

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Man, I have good days. Then I come to this thread and get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of cynicism and get depressed again.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I was BANNED from my local super smash bros melee scene. They use the local community college to host this and TOLD ME BY EMAIL IF I CAME THERE THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME IN. This was out of nowhere so I immediately called the TO, who told me why. He said it was because I was frequently toxic and angry. He said that I yell at players and make them uncomfortable and scared, and that a girl quit because of me. While I DO sometimes get frustrated and vocalize it, so do many other people I am simply being discriminated against my voice is naturally deeper than most. also the truth is a girl never quit that is a complete lie, she was just butthurt that she was worst than everyone there. I'm so ****ing irate. I've been a member of this community FOR YEARS and just now I'm a nuisance? I am entitled to a certain level of RESPECT for being a veteran player. I'm looking into finding a lawyer who get me unbanned. There MUST be a law that prevents people from arbitrarily banning others from certain locations without written documents proving it (the TO just SAID I was banned he did not provide any evidence.) The TO isn't rich or anything so I don't think I would have to ask a lot from him, I think he'd break under just pressure of lawsuit.

keep that **** in melee hell ばかだろ。

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
really tho we're already in the darkest timeline for the fgc

if skullgirls would have gotten into evo instead of melee three things would have happened
1. skullgirls would be a lot bigger than it is now, which it deserves for being most likely the best fighting game mechanically
2. melee wouldn't be as big as it is now, which wouldn't have led to alex strife powertripping and getting nintendo involved meaning pm would still be alive
3. smash 4 would never have been at evo

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

if skullgirls would have gotten into evo instead of melee three things would have happened
1. skullgirls would be a lot bigger than it is now, which it deserves for being most likely the best fighting game mechanically
2. melee wouldn't be as big as it is now, which wouldn't have led to alex strife powertripping and getting nintendo involved meaning pm would still be alive
But if Melee never won Evo, I wouldn't be here. I'd probably be playing Blazblue, actually learning the game and winning tournaments, making easy money.

That other timeline sounds better :(

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's a weird way to spell 'Inferior Guilty Gear'.
High level BB is really cool, actually. Here in the States it's kinda like finding Shangri-la as it is in the myths---very elusive, and hidden in some misty mountains somewhere.

But yeah, GG is best animu fighter imo.

edit: mkx is not a fighting game
Neither is ****ing KI, apparently. ;~; And I love that game.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
High level BB is really cool, actually. Here in the States it's kinda like finding Shangri-la as it is in the myths---very elusive, and hidden in some misty mountains somewhere.

But yeah, GG is best animu fighter imo.

Neither is ****ing KI, apparently. ;~; And I love that game.

Smooth Criminal
oh yeah there's the ki cup isn't there
see KI is a good game but I never get to see it and every time I do watch it I end up muting the stream because the in game announcer is so annoying

also what draws you to blazblue
like I myself find xrd kinda ehh to watch and I rarely get to see bb so like what makes it good

then again the anime game that I enjoy watching most (aside from melty) might be p4ua lmao

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I actually enjoy the bombast of the announcer. Brings on the old nostalgia of the arcades for me, just wandering through the mess of buttons being pressed and lights flashing with "ULLLLTRAAAAAA" as my sole guide to the KI cab.

(Cinder's BLAHHs, too.)

About the only thing I can't stand about the new KI are the particle effects for certain blows and fireballs. They're gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but they're kinda tacky-looking and clutter up the rest of the action. Just a minor gripe for me.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
xrd is the best anime fighter to play but p4ua is objectively the most fun to watch

maybe instead of trying to forcibly overturn it you should try to understand why people might feel that way

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
I tried playing SF once. Couldn't get over the lack of airdashes. :(
You should give it an honest try sometime. I'd love to see you start. I can even get you some good resources to get you going. Getting into SF is easy once you've got some of the fundamentals down, and honestly, it's probably the best 2D you can put your time into. Get good at SF, and you can get good at anything.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

idk how melee being big made alex strife powertripping years before melee got big, dude was abusing position for ages
also nintendo would have gotten on with PM anyway, but I wouldn't call it dead regardless

Top Bottom