• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
i'm still judging you for what i saw walking in on what was apparently game 2 of your 3s match with Mansta Mansta earlier
Look, that was literally the fourth time I ever opened Third Strike. Don't yell at me for not knowing how to play Yun

I got 2-0'd in less than 3 minutes

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Sean is good tho.
sean's the worst character in third strike.

he used to be good. they nerfed him from second impact because his damage numbers didn't make any sense. so yes, if we were playing second impact, i'd be playing a borderline broken character.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
sean's the worst character in third strike.

he used to be good. they nerfed him from second impact because his damage numbers didn't make any sense. so yes, if we were playing second impact, i'd be playing a borderline broken character.
1442271906147.png

so you're telling me I'm bad then

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
sean is bad, but in reality every character in 3S barring chun-li is bad in comparison to learning the parry mechanic itself. Q is a really good example of this fact, the reason he can look good is because even though he has no good pokes, he has nothing that could work out in any other kind of metagame, he could find one good parry and that good parry results in a super and a taunt if he has meter, or a command grab and a juggle otherwise.

watch videos of kuroda on youtube, and you find out really quickly that the reason he can win with nearly every character in the game is based in parrying more than any one character, he simply has a playstyle that heavily promotes either getting parries, screwing over other people's parries, or both. he's a legend basically on the basis that he figured out that the skill ceiling of any one character in 3S means nothing compared to the skill ceiling of the parry, and took it to its logical conclusion

it creates... an odd kind of balance-nonbalance. the characters are technically balanced in that you can actually win within reason using a lot of low tiers, except when you get down to semantics, the point of balance is to allow all healthy playstyles to equally function, and long term there's only two playstyles you can play in 3s, either the ricky ortiz's "I'll bait out all parry attempts and chip you out when you're scared because I only play chun-li" style, or kuroda's style, making it no better to design than something like MvC2

e: jesus lord and savior I just now realized how much I typed out. I GOT OPINIONS AND THINGS

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
sean is bad, but in reality every character in 3S barring chun-li is bad in comparison to learning the parry mechanic itself. Q is a really good example of this fact, the reason he can look good is because even though he has no good pokes, he has nothing that could work out in any other kind of metagame, he could find one good parry and that good parry results in a super and a taunt if he has meter, or a command grab and a juggle otherwise.

watch videos of kuroda on youtube, and you find out really quickly that the reason he can win with nearly every character in the game is based in parrying more than any one character, he simply has a playstyle that heavily promotes either getting parries, screwing over other people's parries, or both. he's a legend basically on the basis that he figured out that the skill ceiling of any one character in 3S means nothing compared to the skill ceiling of the parry, and took it to its logical conclusion

it creates... an odd kind of balance-nonbalance. the characters are technically balanced in that you can actually win within reason using a lot of low tiers, except when you get down to semantics, the point of balance is to allow all healthy playstyles to equally function, and long term there's only two playstyles you can play in 3s, either the ricky ortiz's "I'll bait out all parry attempts and chip you out when you're scared because I only play chun-li" style, or kuroda's style, making it no better to design than something like MvC2

e: jesus lord and savior I just now realized how much I typed out. I GOT OPINIONS AND THINGS
i neglected to mention when being like "sean is the worst character" is that the numbers and dynamics of the tier list for that game fail to represent the depth of the game itself due to parrying as a mechanic, as well as frame data.

the game's actually pretty balanced and the bad matchups don't feel as bad as they are per se for that exact reason. probably the reason 3s is one of my favorite games ever.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Remember that time Ryu could fly?
Yeah it was great.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If I could describe today So far

It would be the feeling where you just got out of the shower and now you have to poop

CORY

wut
BRoomer

nerd

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
alright, I'll be the first to ask.

can someone santa-fy my avatar

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I just need to get this off my chest. Sorry.

Don't read it if you dont like sad things.

I was talking to my mother.

She had just woken from her coma from the car accident.

I was catching her up on things in life, including myself.

I told her I was married now.

She was... honestly surprised. Even more so when I told her I've been married for 4 years now.

It got quiet. It was obvious so much had changed to her.

The drinks remained warm in our hands; but it was okay like this.

There was this minor feeling of happiness in me. My mother was back.

The car accident didnt kill her. There was peace in my heart.

And then I slowly woke up from my cell phone alarm.

Disoriented, I slowly raise my head from my pillow. Legitimately confused as to why I'm waking up.

The realization slowly sets in, and the tears start to build.

I turn around and burrow my head against my wife's chest.

And I cry.

I cry and cry.

Because it was a dream. And I didn't realize. And I had to remember that she actually died.

And it hurt. Because I legitimately believed she was alive in my dream. So much so that I was really confused as to where I was when I woke up?

I hate this.

What a horrible way to wake up.

I thought I had gotten over her death finally.

But that's clearly not the case.

I miss her.

I miss her all too much.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

We WWEsports now.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Dude... that is uh...
GHNeko, I can't understand your position, but I want to say you have my sympathies, whatever little that is.

...uh... on another note. I voted Undertale to spite you all.
Also, Melee Hell is having a childish breakdown and I love it.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh man, next time I'll read for a better time to post silly videos.

But GHNeko GHNeko , man, I feel for you, we all do.
Thank God you've got a wife to hold you.
Be well, sir.

Maybe it was the end of the PMDT that resurfaced similar memories of loss?

...uh... on another note. I voted Undertale to spite you all.
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
You'll never "get over" the death of someone you truly loved and anyone would succumb to tears after a surreal dream like that. The best you can do to honor them is remember the amazing times you had together and continue to give your best at life.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You'll never "get over" the death of someone you truly loved and anyone would succumb to tears after a surreal dream like that. The best you can do to honor them is remember the amazing times you had together and continue to give your best at life.
I thought I was getting to that point of being okay with her death. I tend to ask my friends to lay off "mom jokes" when I'm around because it a trigger.

But for the past couple of months, this trigger hasnt been very strong and I even found myself occasionally laughing at mom jokes, though I still feel bad afterwards.

I was really hoping that I could stop being bothered by topics regarding mothers but after that dream I'm probably going to have to start over on trying to get over that ****.

First I get pre-diagonsed with Sleep Apnea and then this happens.

What a horrible month this has been and it just started.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I just need to get this off my chest. Sorry.

Don't read it if you dont like sad things.

I was talking to my mother.

She had just woken from her coma from the car accident.

I was catching her up on things in life, including myself.

I told her I was married now.

She was... honestly surprised. Even more so when I told her I've been married for 4 years now.

It got quiet. It was obvious so much had changed to her.

The drinks remained warm in our hands; but it was okay like this.

There was this minor feeling of happiness in me. My mother was back.

The car accident didnt kill her. There was peace in my heart.

And then I slowly woke up from my cell phone alarm.

Disoriented, I slowly raise my head from my pillow. Legitimately confused as to why I'm waking up.

The realization slowly sets in, and the tears start to build.

I turn around and burrow my head against my wife's chest.

And I cry.

I cry and cry.

Because it was a dream. And I didn't realize. And I had to remember that she actually died.

And it hurt. Because I legitimately believed she was alive in my dream. So much so that I was really confused as to where I was when I woke up?

I hate this.

What a horrible way to wake up.

I thought I had gotten over her death finally.

But that's clearly not the case.

I miss her.

I miss her all too much.
: (

Top Bottom