• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Deotay

Smash Cadet
People over here talking about their relationship statuses.

The only life partner I need is :4ganondorf:Ganondorf.:4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
not really. polyamory is literally having open and equal relationships with several people at once.
Not necessarily - the definition is much more inclusive than that. Many (probably most, maybe nearly all) polyamorous relationships are asymmetrical to one degree or another. It's the sort of thing you have to work out via very clear and honest communication with all of your partners.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Not necessarily - the definition is much more inclusive than that. Many (probably most, maybe nearly all) polyamorous relationships are asymmetrical to one degree or another. It's the sort of thing you have to work out via very clear and honest communication with all of your partners.
yeah, that would be true. i was going off of one of my poly friends' description of open vs poly (so, like, you can be in an open relationship, but that's not a polyamorous one). balanced it too far in my mind towards the... i guess, "fully polyamorous" side and didn't think about the range it could sit at.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
yeah, that would be true. i was going off of one of my poly friends' description of open vs poly (so, like, you can be in an open relationship, but that's not a polyamorous one). balanced it too far in my mind towards the... i guess, "fully polyamorous" side and didn't think about the range it could sit at.
Ah, I don't know if there is a dictionary definition i missed out on, always thought of the terms as mostly interchangeable - though there are different connotations.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Ah, I don't know if there is a dictionary definition i missed out on, always thought of the terms as mostly interchangeable - though there are different connotations.
i don't think it's really dictionary as much as "poly is open, but open isn't necessarily poly", akin to "a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't necessarily a square". (as such, my understanding is that open just means you're free to sleep around within your defined agreements. polyamorous is literally having multiple romantic and/or sexual relationships at once, not just "this is my significant other, and that's just some person i happened to sleep with the other night.")

though, yeah, there are going to be rules set out for all parties involved, whether it be polyamorous or open.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Do you guys sometimes just sit and daydream about all the sick combos you'd pull off if you were good at the game

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Do you guys sometimes just sit and daydream about all the sick combos you'd pull off if you were good at the game
Every single day of my life lol.
I'm so mad that the sickest combo I've ever gotten was off stream and during a friendly, but man did that **** feel good

Helsong

Smash Ace
Sat down and played Soul Calibur V today for the first time. I never got into any of them past 2, and I wasn't really expecting to enjoy 5 that much either.

And uh..it's actually still fun. I was a bit miffed to see Talim missing from character select, but then I picked Natsu and realized she's like this oddball fusion of Talim and Taki and it's super fun to just flash-step around and do weird bull**** with it. I enjoyed myself at least, but that's just first impressions. I enjoyed 3 and 4 at first too before kinda just getting burnt out by them. Maybe coming back to this series after a long time will give me a different perspective on things. Soul Calibur was really the only 3D fighter I really enjoyed.

I think I still enjoy 2 more, but I think I'll at least play 5 more for funsies. Although I couldn't Guard Impact at all? At least not the way I'm used to it working by tapping forward+Guard. Weeeiiird.

Fighting games are so much fun.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Why do people care so much about GameFaq's ****ty poll? As if it has some sort of effect on the enjoyment of a game?

Unless its the battle over the bigger circlejerk fandom.

Jesus. Now that's a poll.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You know it's inherently jokes in the first place and that we don't actually care that much about the results, right?
I'm sure many of you are half-serious, but still.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
People care about GameFaq's ****ty poll because they know that if they can get a relatively new game like Undertale to win an award for greatest game of all time, it would make people assume the game is some ****ty flavor of the month indie title, as well as rustle a whole lot of jimmies.

Then you have the people who don't want this to happen and the people who are legitimately taking the poll seriously, both feeding the investment of the previous group, and vice-versa.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I just said on facebook that I voted for undertale and somebody asked me why I hate melee so much

Bazkip

Smash Master
I just said on facebook that I voted for undertale and somebody asked me why I hate melee so much
They must not know the Bleck matchup very well because that's the number one mistake that leads to getting your stock taken.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
@PlateProp Speaking of Vagabond, I actually ran into some of the volumes while at the comic book vendor at the local Farmer's Market this morning.

CameraZOOM-20151212121343630.jpg

I decided to go with these two:

CameraZOOM-20151212130410248.jpg

I hope I made you proud.

Last edited:
Top Bottom