• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Vashimus

Smash Master
The only reason Diamond is Invincible trumps Battle Tendency in my book is because of the fact that it had more memorable characters, a compelling villain (burn me at the stake for this, but I liked Kira better than Dio), and a better overall story (I'm a sucker for mysteries, and I for one liked the fact that Araki was aiming for that).
I actually completely agree with you.
Featuring the characters in everyday situations, including the villain, was definitely the right move with Part 4, and allowed for better character development overall imo. The stands were also more interesting and had better utility compared to a lot of the stands in Part 3 that were mostly combat oriented.

And yes, Dio is one-dimensional as hell. He's always fun to watch, but aside from some flashbacks in Part 6, he's never portrayed as anything less than totally irredeemably evil. That said, we certainly can't undersell his impact. He's the one who kicks off the events of the entire series.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I walked into my school's general store and a guy was playing the shop music from EarthBound on the piano.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
CORY CORY do you understand series and sequences in calc 2? I'm having a very hard time wrapping my head around them and this assignment is due Wednesday at 3 ;_;
Sorry, can't say I do : ( at least not anymore. If I haven't nhad to use it in calcIII I've mostly mentally discarded it.

If you're doing book problems look around slader.com, tho. The site is sorta like open source solutions manuals for all kinds of stuff and I just found out about it last week and it:s been pretty helpful.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
MM ME FOR THE TITLE OF SICKEST PM FALCON
BO5 LIVE STREAM ON HITBOX
WINNER GETS HOMEBAKED COOKIES FROM ME
LOSER IS A HUGE NERD

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO DEFEND YOUR SPOT ON THE THRONE???

yes

see me at genesis son. You can't even reverse bair

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I really wish weighted scores were not a thing. If an exam is weighted more than an essay, but they are each scored out of 40 points, why do they not just make the exam worth more points overall?
If my math class did not use weighted scores and used total points / max score, then I would be getting a 90% in the class, but because it is weighted, I am getting an 80% in the class.

Vashimus

Smash Master
They do it so people can't just bomb tests yet still manage to get good grades based on assignments, which can be easily taken advantage of. By making exams worth more, they get a more accurate picture of your ability. That and it's just easier for them to grade.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I have no idea, low-point exams annoy me too. Getting two questions wrong and immediately having your grade take a huge dent just sucks.

Summoning Helsong Helsong for explanation

Last edited:

Yung Mei

im super salty as **** that genesis hotels were only announced on the event page, but not on smash.gg, twitter, or really anywhere else afaik

we waited a ****ing month for an announcement, and on a whim we checked the event page, and bam a single post and that was literally it ;-;

ALSO, we might have 2 spots open, if anyone in PMS wants in LMK ASAP by message or twitter or w/e, so we can get this all sorted out.

(Its not cheap either cuz lateness, but if we get 5 people, its 150 per person, but hey its right next to the venue so its coo)

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
im super salty as **** that genesis hotels were only announced on the event page, but not on smash.gg, twitter, or really anywhere else afaik

we waited a ****ing month for an announcement, and on a whim we checked the event page, and bam a single post and that was literally it ;-;

ALSO, we might have 2 spots open, if anyone in PMS wants in LMK ASAP by message or twitter or w/e, so we can get this all sorted out.

(Its not cheap either cuz lateness, but if we get 5 people, its 150 per person, but hey its right next to the venue so its coo)
Interested but I would have to wait for next week to give you a definite answer unfortunately.

Yung Mei

yee just LMK asap
@ Grey, if you actually want in msg me you ****in slut

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
I really wish weighted scores were not a thing. If an exam is weighted more than an essay, but they are each scored out of 40 points, why do they not just make the exam worth more points overall?
If my math class did not use weighted scores and used total points / max score, then I would be getting a 90% in the class, but because it is weighted, I am getting an 80% in the class.
They do it so people can't just bomb tests yet still manage to get good grades based on assignments, which can be easily taken advantage of. By making exams worth more, they get a more accurate picture of your ability. That and it's just easier for them to grade.
That makes sense and all but why not make the test 100 pts instead of 40 then for example?
I have no idea, low-point exams annoy me too. Getting two questions wrong and immediately having your grade take a huge dent just sucks.

Summoning Helsong Helsong for explanation
FOR TEN THOUSAND YEARS I LAY DORMANT. WHO HATH DISTURBED MY-

Aww **** it's you guys. <3

Ok, so weighting typically happens because teachers like saying "B.T.Dubs, here's how much of your grade is determined by this assignment/test/insert learning evaluation here." Why isn't that just a percentage of overall points(worth more or less points relative to other evaluations) as opposed to having weighted grades? I dunno. People have different ideas about this stuff. Especially in lower levels of schooling like grade school or early undergrad, it serves as a way to emphasize certain evaluations over others.
As mentioned, there's the alternative to simply having questions worth more points. This can lead to some slightly jank issues, like a question that was worth 1 point on a quiz now being worth 5 points, with no real extra stuff added to it. Like, if it's a multiple choice question, why is it worth more than 1 point? Is it even possible to get somewhere in between full and no points? If not, then why make it worth more than one point? This is a place where weighting can have a benefit. If your test is 40 multiple choice questions, then where are you getting more than 40 points from, intuitively? Weighting the test grades more heavily helps to resolve this, even if the tests themselves don't have as many "points".
But hell, even that doesn't make sense to me, since making each question worth more points is a form of weighting anyway. I just make quizzes(my actual prof writes the bigger tests) worth more points using a variety of questions or asking for justification to answers, but this isn't always easy, depending on what subject you're taking. But if a random homework assignment is worth as much as a test, then I personally question that, but different teachers will have different philosophies regarding this. Most professors in college level tend towards simply having tests worth a larger chunk of points, and I like this more personally.

But I'm not really even an educator and this stuff varies wildly between people and why the hell did you ask me about this again? I'm a grad student TA/semi-lecturer, ask an actual education person or something, they'd be able to give you a far more comprehensive analysis of overall weighted grades vs. weighted by points, I can only really speak from a limited perspective regarding this.

Speaking of tests, I just took a "fun" one. And by fun, I mean asinine. Plea to future educators: please don't put questions on the test that are supposed to be total curveballs for no reason. At the very least, ask if it's a fair evaluation of what you've taught first. And for crying out loud, don't make the curveball question worth the most points, be the longest, and the absolute hardest question on the test. With multiple parts, the first part being the part that takes the longest to complete. It's just mean. I'd rather play Ike vs. campy Shiek.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Bleck Bleck , why did Quasi-Gone Ginger Ale create a clone army if he was the last remaining virtuous Jedi? The military expansion they represented basically made the Empire possible.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
i spend 4 days away from the computer and i come back to school in PMS.

am i old or is everyone else in college?
I'm a senior in HS so everyone in here is old or in college unless you're Sax or FPSWalrus.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Bleck Bleck , why did Quasi-Gone Ginger Ale create a clone army if he was the last remaining virtuous Jedi? The military expansion they represented basically made the Empire possible.
Qui-Gon Jinn didn't create the clone army, Sifo-Dyas did. Sifo-Dyas had a vision of war and believed that the Republic needed a large-scale army to deal with the imminent (but unknown, at the time) threat. The Jedi Council - which he was on - disagreed with him and he was exiled, but he decided to carry out his plan anyways. However, shortly after making his deal with the Kaminoans, he was murdered by the Sith, and they took control of the project.

Top Bottom