• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Help the smash group I meet with every Thursday is slowly switching from PM to Melee because one guy there dominates everyone with zelda in pm and they get incredibly mad over it

Worst part is I can tell them what they need to do against her (basically just wait for her to use a move then punish her for it) but they think it's dumb that the solution to beating a character is to wait them out. They believe me because I can beat the zelda player pretty handily by doing what I tell them, and the games are still rather quick(less than 4 mins) but they still are like "upsmash is so dumb its a multi hit move that comboes into itself and you cant smash di out of!!!" and they don't seem to listen when I say it does about the same damage as every other smash attack in the game...

I don't really have a problem with Melee(well actually I do, it's the fact that I dislike how strict the analog detection is and that there's no way to turn off tap jump and that there's like 4 stages to play on competitively) but switching to Melee simply because of a zelda, of all characters, is some dumb ****.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Tap jump is so useful though. I do agree with the dash sensitivity in Melee though. Also shied dropping is mad hard.

Also pick Sheik and dthrow tech chase them until they switch back :^)

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
The analog sensitivity ****s with me so hard that I can't do much in melee. I could do that but it requires me taking time out of my day to practice moving in that game specifically. Although I did do that last week when we played melee, it works but when you can't connect moves together or defend yourself through movement winning is kinda hard

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
The analog sensitivity ****s with me so hard that I can't do much in melee. I could do that but it requires me taking time out of my day to practice moving in that game specifically. Although I did do that last week when we played melee, it works but when you can't connect moves together or defend yourself through movement winning is kinda hard
My struggle. I wish pm's sensitivity was a little bit closer to melee's. Only tiny bit.
I'm thinking about taking at least 15 minutes a day to practice movement in one smash game a day and cycle through them (one day melee, next day pm, next brawl then back to melee). But idk how long I'll keep that up.
I was ****ing there for this, omg it was hilarious

Smooth Criminal
Did you hear what he was saying at the end?

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I don't really have the sensitivity issue, but that's probably because I smash the **** out of my analog sticks all the time.

Or just pressing buttons hard in general. It took me a long time to be able to tilt just because I was so used to hitting everything so hard.

Yesterday I played Melee for about 4 or so hours total, and I was playing really well, but I was way too aggressive with hitting my jump button. I didn't miss anything, but since I claw to Y with my index finger, the side of my top knuckle almost developed a blister. I actually had to stop playing because I could feel it forming.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I'm not sure if the deadzones differences also are present for jumping inputs in the stick but one of the major things holding me back from playing Melee frequently is my hybrid use of both the jump button and tap jump for all of my techiques (tap jump for full hop, wavedash etc, jump button for short hop out of a run, ledge dash and so on...)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Help the smash group I meet with every Thursday is slowly switching from PM to Melee because one guy there dominates everyone with zelda in pm and they get incredibly mad over it

Worst part is I can tell them what they need to do against her (basically just wait for her to use a move then punish her for it) but they think it's dumb that the solution to beating a character is to wait them out. They believe me because I can beat the zelda player pretty handily by doing what I tell them, and the games are still rather quick(less than 4 mins) but they still are like "upsmash is so dumb its a multi hit move that comboes into itself and you cant smash di out of!!!" and they don't seem to listen when I say it does about the same damage as every other smash attack in the game...

I don't really have a problem with Melee(well actually I do, it's the fact that I dislike how strict the analog detection is and that there's no way to turn off tap jump and that there's like 4 stages to play on competitively) but switching to Melee simply because of a zelda, of all characters, is some dumb ****.
LMAO. They should be thankful it wasn't 3.02 Zelda at least I would collect their tears and make a giant pitcher of lemonade to satisfy me tor a week.
That's part of my reason as to being difficult for me to go back to melee but it's more of pivot grabs and RAR and b reverses.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I hung out with some friends this weekend and forgot to bring my Wii so we played melee and lack of rar ****ed me up a lot, especially any time I tried to run up and rar wavedash for an edgehog ><

Also, doc downb launch angles when? : p

Edit: phone ate a letter. Doc's down b

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Be me
take ceramics 1st semester
spend like 30$ to buy clay and ****
be broke but ultimately enjoy making pottery
ask if you can make a cup
"only if it has 4 additional features"
ms. west why I just wanna make a cup
like holy **** let me life I paid 30 bucks like everyone else
let me make my cup
"it'll get you a C"
what if the cup has 4 handles
"...what"
and each handle is of a unique size
"I mean... technically-"
*starts wedging clay*

over the course of a week
pour heart and soul into cup
make sure each handle is sturdy
smooth over any bumps with a damp sponge
let the cup dry
paint that *****
tenderly place it into the kiln

the next day
large crowd in ceramics class
everyone gathered around the kiln
shattered pottery everywhere
apparently somebody's clay was poorly wedged
and as a result went full hiroshima in the oven
taking out like 5 other projects
>>>INCLUDING MY CUP<<<<
cup destroyed
have to make up work afterschool
too broke to afford to go to dropzone this saturday
main controller is broken anyways

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Be me
take ceramics 1st semester
spend like 30$ to buy clay and ****
be broke but ultimately enjoy making pottery
ask if you can make a cup
"only if it has 4 additional features"
ms. west why I just wanna make a cup
like holy **** let me life I paid 30 bucks like everyone else
let me make my cup
"it'll get you a C"
what if the cup has 4 handles
"...what"
and each handle is of a unique size
"I mean... technically-"
*starts wedging clay*

over the course of a week
pour heart and soul into cup
make sure each handle is sturdy
smooth over any bumps with a damp sponge
let the cup dry
paint that *****
tenderly place it into the kiln

the next day
large crowd in ceramics class
everyone gathered around the kiln
shattered pottery everywhere
apparently somebody's clay was poorly wedged
and as a result went full hiroshima in the oven
taking out like 5 other projects
>>>INCLUDING MY CUP<<<<
cup destroyed
have to make up work afterschool
too broke to afford to go to dropzone this saturday
main controller is broken anyways
Rip all the dreams : (

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I hung out with some friends this weekend and forgot to bring my Wii so we played melee and lack of rar ****ed me up a lot, especially any time I tried to run up and rar wavedash for an edgehog ><

Also, doc down launch angles when? : p
We'll get the launch angles when we get cancelable grounded up b on Mario/Doc.
IE:The same day gimr get's our vods up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: I found another Pursuit-Cornered remix to shamelessly force into my build. The tradition must be rekindled.

Blazing Ambition Blazing Ambition , KUYASHII!! (Omnipresent voice: "He hates it")

1337 s3(0nd4ry 3d17: I am sorry about your cup. I can't say I know what it means to love a cup as much as you have, but my sympathies all the same.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I justwent through the entrants at SI2 checking who I'd lose against and I'm pretty sure I lose to like half the people registered lmfao rip

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Takes like 5 mins to get used to melee throws. It's not exactly difficult to go straight up/down.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
the deadzones on throws in PM are far too large. nana's not supposed to jump before i up throw or crouch before i down throw. i can't do dthrow followups platforms because nana falls through in PM, and the fact that she always jumps during an up throw means you lose stuff like up throw > reverse fsmash or up throw > up tilt. you have the choice to make her jump/crouch or do a standing followup in melee based on how far you push the stick . . .

D

Deleted member

Project M is your biological dad who you see on weekends, hang out with, and love

Melee is your pissed step-dad who beats your ass every weekday drunk after working his usual 5-9 shift

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
oh my god this is great

but its a shame im gonna have to do the same to you grey you lil pooper
Shut up nerdo. How can you expect to win if you're going up against the Bruno Sammartino of Brawl/PM?

My ****ing face when

When I saw "never give up", I was honestly expecting John Cena.

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman

Also, doc downb launch angles when? : p

Edit: phone ate a letter. Doc's down b
What pisses me off about Melee is the throw input map
Why is that **** so narrow
the deadzones on throws in PM are far too large. nana's not supposed to jump before i up throw or crouch before i down throw. i can't do dthrow followups platforms because nana falls through in PM, and the fact that she always jumps during an up throw means you lose stuff like up throw > reverse fsmash or up throw > up tilt. you have the choice to make her jump/crouch or do a standing followup in melee based on how far you push the stick . . .
TL;DR give us more maylay pmbr pls

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Project M is your biological dad who you see on weekends, hang out with, and love

Melee is your pissed step-dad who beats your *** every weekday drunk after working his usual 5-9 shift
Why can't I live with Project M?
Momma Sm4sh why?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
TL;DR give us more maylay pmbr pls
well, for me, i always figured you never use mario's down b for anything besides recovery. why not let it have a really awkward knockback angle so you can do ultimate shame mindgames and make people feel bad when they get caught by it?

don't change the other aspects, just the goofy melee doc kb angle/power : p

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
well, for me, i always figured you never use mario's down b for anything besides recovery. why not let it have a really awkward knockback angle so you can do ultimate shame mindgames and make people feel bad when they get caught by it?

don't change the other aspects, just the goofy melee doc kb angle/power : p
No

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@Umbreon
You guys willing to house for the PM 1k, tonight and maybe tomorrow night? It's my two brothers and I. Could use oracle's place but if I can avoid my brothers having to sleep on the floor that'd be a better option

Last edited:
Top Bottom