• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Alt. Costumes also nerfed imo. rip bois.

ZSS got huge nerfs for next patch.

Personally I like the poses for the old (3.5) alt. costumes and Justin Bailey more than the upcoming ones. The lighting is a bit weird in the newer one as well as the pose.

New Imgur Gallery for Comparison: http://imgur.com/a/2YYtT

3.5+ Alt. Costumes CSP: http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/4/49/Zero_Suit_Samus_Palette_(PM).png

With this being said I'm sure everyone appreciates the work put into the alt. costumes and I'm sure they look much better in game compared to computer/stuff. I'm probably going to be using the white costume if pink doesn't return ;-;

Personally I like the ponytail the best so the straight hair + white costume (prob best costume) kinda hurts. This (prob) won't be changed though so eh. Not really a fan of new JBailey look or the new gun. Idk, kinda upset (upset isn't the right word, befuzzled) that CSPs look worse (imo).

http://i.imgur.com/dEeyvLZ.png and http://i.imgur.com/Z6JZzX3.png give me some hope.

Just hope that these can be cleaned up a bit if deemed necessary. Doing work like this is a hard time consuming one though so idk. Just giving my opinion.
Legwarmers?

Is this 80's time?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Grey you ready to get destroyed at genesis yet
No because it will be in fact you that will be destroyed. I'm like Oscar De La Hoya and you Glass Joe.

Long socks on girls are a Very Good Thing™. Do you not like stockings or something? Because it's fine if you actually don't, though it'd be your loss, tbh.
Quite the opposite actually. I also like 80's music which is why I posted an 80's track.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Listen to future funk then you slu t Also get ready to get 188'd to ur zero chumpette

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
that sounds about right i think. have you looked on wolfram alpha yet? I've got a full account if you want to see the full steps for it
No, half the time I look up stuff there it's way too proof heavy and "watch me play fox in casuals" try hard, and since I'm on mobile at work, it makes it even more annoying to look for stuff (since searching for trig substitution only gave me the ones involving a square root in the denominator : /)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Grey you ready to get destroyed at genesis yet
No because it will be in fact you that will be destroyed. I'm like Oscar De La Hoya and you Glass Joe.

Quite the opposite actually. I also like 80's music which is why I posted an 80's track.
Listen to future funk then you slu t Also get ready to get 188'd to ur zero chumpette
When are you two going to date each other?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Never but it will be heavily implied during the last episode and zerochan will drown with fanart

Player -0

Smash Hero
@Mansta

Like, the quality, texture, and pose are all worse. The new CSP has bad/weird lighting, especially on the chest area. The texture is also weird for alt. costumes, the loop under the armpit is really polygonal/curves up weirdly. Don't have an example for quality. The quality might be better, idk.

Some of these problems only appear on (or it seems to) the portraits. The in game screenshots of the loop look fine, which is extra weird

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
In response to someone kvetching about PM Falcon in YouTube comments:
"C Falcon is the only character that doesn't have a "right" DI, everything is able to be followed up, everything from a jab or a grab can be a 0 to death, his recovery though telegraphed, is pretty godly now. I only see melee characters, zelda and wario that has a decent time on him >>."

DI is still a spacing mixup. Defining "right" as you seem to define it, that is "a DI that will allow me to escape a follow up if I properly predicted the move I'm being hit with 100% of the time," then I say that's trash and a bit selfish, yo. Well, not necessarily selfish. Even if you want to apply it universally and fairly, it would generally make the game slower and give it less depth by orienting it towards defense far more and neutral more often. More reads necessary to win = / = depth. Brawl was the ultimate expression of this, and had a decent mindgame / prediction game depth, but there were far less ways to limit the opponent's options due to being able to act out of hitstun in 16 frames, and that's lame and depthless. Being able to 0 2 D almost anything isn't a bad thing, if you take away some of the options but leave a few you just get more use of those 0 2 Ds, thus more boring and linear play / DI mixups on both sides.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Marth combos can be avoided by DI 100% of the time. I don't see why Falcon can have all these free followups. In fact I don't see why so many characters have so many free followups. Make more DI mixups. More frame traps. More tech chases.

EDIT: I don't think safe hit-confirms into guaranteed kill moves is a good thing.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
EDIT: My bad I hit reply instead of edit wtf

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Marth combos can be avoided by DI 100% of the time. I don't see why Falcon can have all these free followups. In fact I don't see why so many characters have so many free followups. Make more DI mixups. More frame traps. More tech chases.

EDIT: I don't think safe hit-confirms into guaranteed kill moves is a good thing.
having no reliable kill setups feels awful to play in the long run. people will naturally move away from characters with marthritis to ones that dont have that problem. part of balancing the game means appealing to the players by making it -feel- good to play. marthritis just feels bad. without our fanbase, we are nothing.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Yeah winning feels good but I don't think implementing a Staples' easy button for taking stocks is fun either when your character -doesn't- have these options. Note that I say this as a Marth and Bowser player so I am biased. Marth-like problems can be mitigated by having strong but less-than-safe killing options, such as all of Bowser's moves. If I don't have a hoo-hah to catch you with at least I can gamble on a strong move in higher percents that won't leave me open for 30 frames.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
From what I understand, the reason it isn't possible is because aura effects such as the one around Lucario's hands or around Sonic's spinball cannot be changed on a costume-by-costume basis as they are located in the [char]motionetc.pac file.

It makes me sad. :(
Yeah, I know some guys also want Evil Ryu/Akuma color effects for the dark gi Lucario, which would be super cool. :/

3.6 because I don't question why I main zss every other day like I used to
I was bothered by ZSS's initial normal grab animations. That was my main reason for not sticking with her back then, so I'm glad they were polished.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
But 3.5 Bowser was better, as far as I can see.
Maybe he was stronger, but he was stupid both to play as and against. Either way I think they were thinking more about the mangled 3.6b Bowser when talking about buffs

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Waifus in electro/trance/nightcore videos need to stop
This is sadly true. Especially with that screen-shake wobbling ****, please no.

I remember when it was cool, back when ENM actually uploaded on a regular basis.

With that said

Two For ONE deal on brstms today
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fthefatrat%2Fthefatrat-unity-1 BRSTM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s53c7qv3hnigs2b/TheFatRat - Unity.brstm?dl=0

BRSTM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywe0gq19s4n1cqg/Kaivaan X Nahviss - Celeste.brstm?dl=0

The second even has a cute anime waifu in the video
(sorry you can no longer use this brstm Grey Belnades Grey Belnades , but at least you have the first one )
First song is ass, but the second song is ill. I just don't think it'd fit Smash.

Edit: Also, Nightcore is ****

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Waifus in electro/trance/nightcore videos need to stop
There really is an excess of waifu in those genres

This is sadly true. Especially with that screen-shake wobbling ****, please no.

I remember when it was cool, back when ENM actually uploaded on a regular basis.

With that said

First song is ***, but the second song is ill. I just don't think it'd fit Smash.

Edit: Also, Nightcore is ****
They're both for menu, I didnt think either would fit a stage tbh.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Just because Falcon's able to catch people in hitstun with his speed doesn't mean he'll hit, and some of that has to do with, again, DI spacing mixups. In that way, I probably shouldn't have said 100%, also because there's no such thing when execution and prediction is involved.

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
I like 3.6 because Ganon got a useful reclecter that I continue to ignore

Music mash up dump

The last two aren't really mash ups and some of these were already posted here but whatever.

GHNeko GHNeko I Found skunk dude

Commander Geoffrey St. John

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
3.6 is my favorite iteration of pm. 2.5 was my favorite diddy build because he was pure non-committal cancer.

MLGF

Smash Lord
2.6 was a time of wonderful brokenness, but no one knew because we all sucked.
Such a wonderful time, I wish I could go back.

Top Bottom