• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
When it comes to rice, the costs of rice vary based on the type of rice you buy.

Like around here, Jasmine Rice is more expensive than plain white rice, while Sticky rice is also more expensive than both while having the same flavor of the latter.

The biggest issue with cooking for yourself is getting over the initial hurdle that being self-sufficient in that regard is placed in front of you.

You need to learn how to cook, and you need to not only buy the ingredients, but also buy the seasonings, buy the tools, and whatever misc items you might need to either speed up the process or to enhance the final result.

On top of that you need to allocate the time to actually cook your food, and at first you're going to spend a lot more time working on **** because you dont know what to do and you're mostly going to be following instructions.

But honestly, if you can somehow get past that, the amount of money and time you save is pretty staggering.

I speak for myself when I say I get a lot of food for cheap, that lasts significantly longer than eating out, and doesnt take much longer than driving out to buy food and come back to eat warm food.

I couldnt say that about myself 5+ years ago.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Providing for yourself >>>>>>>>>> as a general rule, tbh. There absolutely is a learning curve, but it's more than worth any amount of trouble to git gud at it.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Providing for yourself >>>>>>>>>> as a general rule, tbh. There absolutely is a learning curve, but it's more than worth any amount of trouble to git gud at it.
Yeah plus it means you can make the **** you would buy, but either cheaper @ same weight, or more food @ same price.

And you dont have to deal with people ****ing up your order.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Asian food is glorious though once I go back to a ketogenic life style, I wont be able to eat rice anymore.

There is a moving sushi bar close to me and the salmon lunch box is ridiculously good.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
:warioc: < THIS
SUPER HOT
SON OF
A MAMA MIA
IS MAKING
SUPER HOT GARLIC
AND BASICALLY
GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY
HOW?

PLAY AS HIM
((I made this for all the Wario mains))

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
So I was playing Blazblue and in the last match I played with this one guy there was a sudden lag spike which caused me to drop what was going to be a match ending combo. I was able to recover quickly and finish him off with a super, but right before the last hit connected he rage quits. A minute later I get a message from him saying "nice lag". Usually if I get a message like that I just don't respond, but something about him just made reply with "nice ragequit ggs". Couple minutes later he responds "Your conection lagged RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR 5D SPAM" (I'm definitely not stupid enough to spam Noel's 5D by the way.) The connection was nearly flawless until the end. Came to my senses and just didn't engage with this guy further.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Asian food is glorious though once I go back to a ketogenic life style, I wont be able to eat rice anymore.

There is a moving sushi bar close to me and the salmon lunch box is ridiculously good.
What would you normally eat while on that sorta diet? Like, lay out your average meal plan if you don't mind.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I may take Professional smash back up as a hobby. But I'll be less focused on it due to my game. Pretty much Underdate is taking up most of my time nowadays. I can't believe I had a moment were I didn't post for weeks

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
GHNeko GHNeko , you said something that piqued my interest. How's your Keto going/how did it go since you plan on going back? I've read a lot about the medical aspects and potential but I value actual experience more since I literally know only one other person about that life. I'm asking about increased energy levels, reduced/increase caloric intake, and terms of effectiveness towards bodyweight i.e the exact nature of how the increase of fat and protein synthesis on a glycogen deprived state would lessen muscular loss than in a increased protein intake on a typical reduced calories diet that still rely on Carbs.
@Rob in very very very basic terms it's a heavy fat, medium protein, very little grain and carb, extremely insignificant to 0 sugar intake diet consistently to force your body to use Fats as energy rather than Carbohydrates.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What would you normally eat while on that sorta diet? Like, lay out your average meal plan if you don't mind.
Uhhh. I dont have a regular cycle of food that I eat on Keto.

I generally end up rotating between beef > pork > chicken > beef > pork > chicken > fish; supplimented by veggies (typically salads with oil and bacon pieces)

and then i snack on cheese and baked treats that are made out of soy/coconut/almond flour with xylitol to keep my carb count down and prevent my blood sugar/glucose from going over my limits to keep ketosis induced.

oh yeah.

copious amounts of eggs/bacon. like. i would eat between 6-8 eggs a day and 6-12 slices of bacon a day when I was on Keto and in the military. It was ridiculous how many eggs i burned through.

so i guess an average day would look like

6-8 eggs + cheese to make a cheese omelet + 6-8 slices of bacon for me and my wife.

lunch would involve either dinner left overs and/or a salad with lots of meat (and eggs if no dinner)

dinner would consist of a lot of some sort of meat that was cooked in coconut oil or lard; with butter to bump up the amount of fat I consumed. with salads and a treat on the side.

i drank lots of water and lots of flavored water that was less than 1g carbs per serving.

I aimed for around 2400 calories a day which was kinda hard to meet despite how much **** i ate on a regular.

GHNeko GHNeko , you said something that piqued my interest. How's your Keto going/how did it go since you plan on going back? I've read a lot about the medical aspects and potential but I value actual experience more since I literally know only one other person about that life.
I love Keto.

I've lost a significant amount of weight while giving myself lots of energy and improving my blood work significantly.

I'm not on it because I'm trying to save money since I havnt mastered the art of being on keto and saving money.

I plan on going back to it soon because ever since I got off of it, I've lost all my energy and my weight cam back and I'm just generally less happy than I was before.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

Muscle_Senpai Muscle_Senpai Yeah I know, I was more interested in the actual food he eats.
Also s/o to Smashboards for not letting people take the usernames of members who haven't logged in for 10+ years, like @Rob . Makes sense.

GHNeko GHNeko damn, I was expecting you to drop some obscure-ass carb free food I could look for, but oh well. my diet is fairly similar to yours terms of the stuff I eat, but the portions are much different and I still include a good amount of carbs. I try to get my macro split to be 40/30/30 these days, but I'm really interested in looking for inexpensive alternates to some of the carbs I eat.

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
DID YOU READ THE ARC WHERE EGGMAN WENT NUTS AND SNIVELY LOCKED HIS *** UP.

THE ENDING OF THAT ARC IS DOPE AS ****.
If you're talking about the part where whats-her-name comes to **** everyone's **** up then YES

let them stay mad.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯™

World's Collide is canon because
Sally is fixed

But you dont need to read Archie's Megaman, though you should.
I'd probably read it anyway. Been wanting to read it ever since I found out Archie's Megaman was a thing.

AH **** i know who you're talking about but I cant remember his name ffffff
YESSS, Him! He's life's story toke me on a little feels trip and the way Sonic reacts pissed me off.
Sonic's kind of an ass in the comics, makes me mad sometimes.
And I LOVE THAT.

omg

that's my favorite part about secret freedom fighters.

THEY'RE TURNING SILVER INTO A LEGITIMATE AND LIKEABLE CHARACTER LOLLLLL
omg
It's like
he's a person now
who like
makes mistakes
and then like
learns from those mistakes
and makes decision based on past experiences

But still, Shard do.

gahliek

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If you're talking about the part where whats-her-name comes to **** everyone's **** up then YES

¯\_(ツ)_/¯™

I'd probably read it anyway. Been wanting to read it ever since I found out Archie's Megaman was a thing.

YESSS, Him! He's life's story toke me on a little feels trip and the way Sonic reacts pissed me off.
Sonic's kind of an *** in the comics, makes me mad sometimes.
And I LOVE THAT.

omg
It's like
he's a person now
who like
makes mistakes
and then like
learns from those mistakes
and makes decision based on past experiences

But still, Shard do.

gahliek

damn it.

i gotta start reading the comics again.

i had to stop because i lost my tablet. x_x

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I wish it were possible to give green Lucario magenta aura effects (individually) so he would be more like Shuma-Gorath.

With that ZSS alt update it will be hard to choose between dark blue ZSS and Fusion ZSS. .-.

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
damn it.

i gotta start reading the comics again.

i had to stop because i lost my tablet. x_x
That sux bruh. I can't remember why I stopped at all. I'm like that guy from Jimmy Neutron who never finishes anything, took me 2 years to finish Gurren Lagann (Gurren Lagann was great, shut up Yung Mei Yung Mei ).

I found a yt chanel were this guy makes stuff from fast food restaurant at home that looks way better and less calories. I'm on my phone so I'll post it later.

I'm at a liquor store with my dad and some of his friends....

I'm getting drunk at a liquor store with a group of old dudes listening to sad/romantic Spanish music from the 80's..

HELP ME.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Alt. Costumes also nerfed imo. rip bois.

ZSS got huge nerfs for next patch.

Personally I like the poses for the old (3.5) alt. costumes and Justin Bailey more than the upcoming ones. The lighting is a bit weird in the newer one as well as the pose.

New Imgur Gallery for Comparison: http://imgur.com/a/2YYtT

3.5+ Alt. Costumes CSP: http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/4/49/Zero_Suit_Samus_Palette_(PM).png

With this being said I'm sure everyone appreciates the work put into the alt. costumes and I'm sure they look much better in game compared to computer/stuff. I'm probably going to be using the white costume if pink doesn't return ;-;

Personally I like the ponytail the best so the straight hair + white costume (prob best costume) kinda hurts. This (prob) won't be changed though so eh. Not really a fan of new JBailey look or the new gun. Idk, kinda upset (upset isn't the right word, befuzzled) that CSPs look worse (imo).

http://i.imgur.com/dEeyvLZ.png and http://i.imgur.com/Z6JZzX3.png give me some hope.

Just hope that these can be cleaned up a bit if deemed necessary. Doing work like this is a hard time consuming one though so idk. Just giving my opinion.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The old alt costume CSPs look really bad in comparison imo, there was something off about them and the shading wasn't all that great. It all comes to personal preference, but I think the majority wins on this one for me.
tl;dr
1446277597775.png

Rᴏb

Player -0 Player -0 I prefer the ponytail too, but I can forgive it since they improved the costume in so many other areas. The costume makes me really excited to see what else they do with their new skills.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Hey, math homies:

How does one integrate

Sin^4(thta)cos^2(theta)

I think i'm on the right track by making Sin^4(thta) into (1-cos^2(theta))^2 but I'm not sure if I'm stuck because that wasn't the right plan, or because I'm just forgetting what to do from there...

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Before I pass out, I gotta say that you guys are awesome :D! I must sleep for now, might stream tomorrow, but again, you duders are fantastic! Thanks for any support you give, it's very very appreciated, even if you only watch for a bit.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Hey, math homies:

How does one integrate

Sin^4(thta)cos^2(theta)

I think i'm on the right track by making Sin^4(thta) into (1-cos^2(theta))^2 but I'm not sure if I'm stuck because that wasn't the right plan, or because I'm just forgetting what to do from there...
that sounds about right i think. have you looked on wolfram alpha yet? I've got a full account if you want to see the full steps for it

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
A little late but as a guy who's made the change to care about physical fitness, food nutrition, and has a food budget of $60-$70, learning to cook is one of best things you can do. If you're learning to cook, having your first couple of dishes coming out awful does suck but once you delve into it for a while, you'll go up in cooking experience and is a great personal investment. Another great thing is human creativity that comes out of cooking. It doesn't have to be limited to simple bland things like baked chicken and white rice. It's a great place to experiment in with different spices, ingredients, sauces, and seasonings.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I wish it were possible to give green Lucario magenta aura effects (individually) so he would be more like Shuma-Gorath.

With that ZSS alt update it will be hard to choose between dark blue ZSS and Fusion ZSS. .-.
From what I understand, the reason it isn't possible is because aura effects such as the one around Lucario's hands or around Sonic's spinball cannot be changed on a costume-by-costume basis as they are located in the [char]motionetc.pac file.

It makes me sad. :(

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
From what I understand, the reason it isn't possible is because aura effects such as the one around Lucario's hands or around Sonic's spinball cannot be changed on a costume-by-costume basis as they are located in the [char]motionetc.pac file.

It makes me sad. :(
They can, Jet Set Sonic has smoke trails during his side b and they fixed his shoe trail, idk about Lucario though since Aura is an effect in the game like fire or electric attacks

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
They can, Jet Set Sonic has smoke trails during his side b and they fixed his shoe trail, idk about Lucario though since Aura is an effect in the game like fire or electric attacks
The shoe trail is a texture located in each costume's file rather than in motionetc. I think the smoke trails was something outside of the spin aura specially as @Nanobuds has told me that the spin aura cannot be changed.

Top Bottom