• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
What the **** is this?
Science.
You have to somehow solve for PSPACE in step one and step two involves a fairly simple, if complex proof(ugh). Step three-A wants you come up and prove(UGH) what the (potentially-)highest value of Ch is, and three-b wants you to come up with an automatic process(AFAIK) for solving three-a, and it wants the calculations involved with said process to involve values for the input string in three-a that'll make a straight-line graph like this:
...I think.
I'm pretty sure I'm way off base with all that. That said, in the event that against all odds, I successfully broke your homework down into layman's terms/made things any easier for you, I'll be glad to have helped, but I'm still letting you do the actual work!

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Just finished Genocide Undertale.

feels bad man
want a hug?
netflix

and

NO CHILL

omgggggg
more like "netflix and kill?"

You have to somehow solve for PSPACE in step one and step two involves a fairly simple, if complex proof(ugh). Step three-A wants you come up and prove(UGH) what the (potentially-)highest value of Ch is, and three-b wants you to come up with an automatic process(AFAIK) for solving three-a, and it wants the calculations involved with said process to involve values for the input string in three-a that'll make a straight-line graph like this:
...I think.
I'm pretty sure I'm way off base with all that. That said, in the event that against all odds, I successfully broke your homework down into layman's terms/made things any easier for you, I'll be glad to have helped, but I'm still letting you do the actual work!
nerd

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Science.You have to somehow solve for PSPACE in step one and step two involves a fairly simple, if complex proof(ugh). Step three-A wants you come up and prove(UGH) what the (potentially-)highest value of Ch is, and three-b wants you to come up with an automatic process(AFAIK) for solving three-a, and it wants the calculations involved with said process to involve values for the input string in three-a that'll make a straight-line graph like this:
...I think.
can I get a layman's to the layman's?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Damn Jotaro is such a badass

It makes me sad that Joseph got so demoted in part 3 so that he basically does nothing/randomly gets beaten on

Also we should force grey to watch opm

CORY

wut
BRoomer

It makes me sad that Joseph got so demoted in part 3 so that he basically does nothing/randomly gets beaten on

next time there's a sizable pms presence at an event with grey, just mob him, tie him down, use the ludovico technique to keep his eyes open and stream it on a tablet or something.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
can I get a layman's to the layman's?
Not really. Chances are it'll go over the heads of most here, but lemme delve into the details.
Problem 1 involves sets, subsets, and power sets. NSPACE(n) is the N-based(?) power set of NP, and ⊊ symbol between them means that NSPACE is equal to NP. N and P are a family of sets and should share the same values. What they want here is for the student to figure out how to show that PSPACE ALSO is equal to NP, and to present their work in a way that is follows math logic.

With Problem 2, know that NSPACE(n) is equal to a different value than NSPACE on it's own, which means it is not equal to NP; what they want in that problem is for the student to show how they know for certain that what I just stated is true.

Problem 3a involves a multiplication equation of i x j, but what they want the student to do is state the highest value that the variable of Ch(which is talked about on the second page of the homework) could be and show how they figured it out, which in this case would be very complicated and VERY tedious because there are a lot of other variables to be accounted for.

Problem 3b wants the student to come up with a process that, say, a calculator/a computational program that people use to do math on their computers could use to solve i x j. However, they also want the student to have the process solve it in a way so that if the logarithm of the input string(n + m + 3) that's involved in the calculations were graphed, the graph would look like that one with a straight line that I posted further up.

Disclaimer: I literally just heard about all the concepts involved in that dude's homework roughly an hour ago, everything in my last few posts were educated guesses made off what I (think I) learned in that time period, and I may be entirely wrong. Also...I hate math lol

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Anything involving peace, love, acceptance, tolerance, friendship. Filthy hippies.

But to be honest, I don't see how it matters at all what specifically I oppose.
You can't think of any because you're not opposed to them. One might think that everyone ought to have their perspectives, and that other perspectives are lame, no?
It's not lame to dislike a show that's clearly not intended for the person who is disliking. There are niches and markets, and that ain't lame, yo.
That's the essence of tolerance and social harmony, learning to accept our differences and not call names or label them or their positions.
(✿◕ᴗ◕)╯GIVE LOVE (✿◕ᴗ◕)╯
He dislikes the over abundance of keynesian economics in Steven Universe.
Edit: Forums are hard guys.
Edit2: Creators do well to not directly comment on their work. Fans are satisfied with their perception so why ruin it. I think Toby Fox gets this. He hasn't been explaining what sex/gender/butt.pie characters like mettaton and alphys are. He just puts face stepping foot fetishes in his game and we all have to roll with it.

This is why undertale is the most tumblr game ever but 4chan can't be mad.

Edit: Guys I'm only 16 and I have definitely plateaued. Like I love living at school and all but I've seen my limits.
And I'm soooo lazy. And I can't take a test for my life.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
Science.You have to somehow solve for PSPACE in step one and step two involves a fairly simple, if complex proof(ugh). Step three-A wants you come up and prove(UGH) what the (potentially-)highest value of Ch is, and three-b wants you to come up with an automatic process(AFAIK) for solving three-a, and it wants the calculations involved with said process to involve values for the input string in three-a that'll make a straight-line graph like this:
...I think.
Did you actually know this? Because I'm impressed. If you just used Wolfram Alpha or something, I'm impressed that you faked it so well, which is probably a more useful skill.
Edit: OhGodWhatHaveIDone
As long as I feel bad about it you can't heckle me. That would be rude.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
lol you guys don't have to go through college for me, I dropped out

you're welcome

instead you can just pay my 30k+ debt

EDIT: @Warchamp7 I just realized we have font options, has this always been a thing? I also realized comic sans is not an option, please fix this so I can finally be like my senpai Sans the Skeleton.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
So Prince Abu came to my tournament yesterday, and we got him to enter both Melee and PM. He won both, but I took him to game 5 in PM Grand Finals! Using my month-old GnW. So I think GnW is a more official main now, since I almost took a set off Abu with him, and I beat the guy who co-hosts the tournament with me who I typically very much struggle against.

I also hung out with me ex-girlfriend from 4 years ago on Saturday, and it was thankfully much less weird than I feared it would be. It was actually a really good time. She texted me like a couple weeks ago and wanted my help to put together a demo since she knows my musicality and needed a pianist (and someone with recording equipment). So we worked on some music for a couple hours, chatted about the last few years for a couple hours, and it was actually pretty nice. I'm kind of surprised to be looking forward to the next time, which is pretty pleasant.

That said, it all totally confirmed that I'm glad we didn't stay together. Would not have gone well.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Speaking of avatars, why is Tails wearing a cape?
Because it's Turbo Tails, one of Tails' super forms in the Archie Sonic comic.

Basically at some point a magicial villian, Master Mogul came along and Super Sonic and Hyper Knuckles werent able to do **** against him.

Through the power of the Power Rings, given to Tails by some ancient ****** and a blast of energy from Mogul, he was able to transform into Turbo Tails and successfully fought back against Mogul with Sonic and KNuckles' help.

Turbo Tails shows back up later in a fight against an enemy called ADAM created by Eggman/Robotnik. Turbo Tails and Super Shadow teamed up and bopped ADAM and that's the latest sighting of Turbo Tails since.

It's a form I enjoy because of the method that Tails gained the power. I'm also a super big fan of Tails in the comics because he's actually independent and doesnt cling to sonic like he sorta does in the games and in the Sonic Boom cartoon. (See My Signature).

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Disclaimer: I literally just heard about all the concepts involved in that dude's homework roughly an hour ago, everything in my last few posts were educated guesses made off what I (think I) learned in that time period, and I may be entirely wrong. Also...I hate math lol
Only like 80% wrong, heh.

Frost | Odds Frost | Odds What do you study? Looks like one of the classes in my Maths cursus.
Computer Science

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I think I understand what people mean by "jank" now.

Complexity is generally inversely related to how easy the game is to learn at given skill levels.
Generalities, expectations, and rules are all things humans utilize to assimilate new data quicker.
When something breaks said expectations (say, a hitbox appearing where one might not expect it to be, say in a kicking attack it would be on the leg when in motion, or even something as easy to overcome as a different aesthetic for an old move, or maybe even a slight knockback adjustment, or more poignantly a brand new character that's unique) it can hamper the learning process, thus making the game more complex to the person who held the expectations.

More informally, those things which break expectations are known as "jank." The next questions developers must ask are these.

1. What expectations have we created in players, and what expectations should we designing towards?
2. Is the complexity small enough or the complainer unwilling enough to learn that it doesn't matter much if we change it?
3. Is the amount of depth it provides worth the added complexity?
4. How can we best mitigate the complexity to aid people in learning if we want to keep it because of the depth it provides?

Or be so consistently inconsistent that people can't form reasonable expectations. :D

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"jank" is a synonym for "johns"
Nice.
I'm offended that you didn't just shut up and take my word as gospel instead of stating your dissenting views.

Joking aside, you're partially right. Although I would appreciate it if you somehow indicated that you actually read what I wrote instead of just 'replying to the title.'
I agree that most of the time when people say something is "jank," especially as it relates to Project M, it's a case of question #2, and they're just unwilling to adapt or learn something new due to their arrogance and pride in their skills and successes with similar but distinct things, but there are cases of things which break so radically from reasonable expectation and design that most players in their skill levels would either give up on the game entirely or take overlong to learn and integrate them into the meta.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Smash is pretty jank, we just sort of accept the jank we are used to. Like falcon, or peach downsmash, or floaties being floaty.

Until people started waking up and questioning the jank, IE falcon/floaty mid tier hate groups.

If someone loses to it, its jank, unless its a spacie or sheik/marth

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Anyone want to do my Study Aboard to Germany next year?

Wait...

Edit: I always thought jank = anything not like Melee.

next time there's a sizable pms presence at an event with grey, just mob him, tie him down, use the ludovico technique to keep his eyes open and stream it on a tablet or something.
RIP tournament life.

Now I imagine that next you guys are gonna try to lure me similar to the Roadrunner/Bugs Bunny cartoons (A box that reads "Meet Becky Lynch here" being held up by a stick with a string attached).

Last edited:
Top Bottom