• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Damn Jotaro is such a badass

It makes me sad that Joseph got so demoted in part 3 so that he basically does nothing/randomly gets beaten on

Also we should force grey to watch opm
Me and my friends really wanted to see them break canon and do what Heritage for the Future did with Old Joseph temporarily becoming Young Joseph (from a what's-his-name stand user) and being absolutely awesome for awhile. Sadly, twas not to pass.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Joking aside, you're partially right. Although I would appreciate it if you somehow indicated that you actually read what I wrote instead of just 'replying to the title.'
you're right, generally speaking, in that looking at those things are important from a developmental standpoint

D

Deleted member

Smash is pretty jank, we just sort of accept the jank we are used to. Like falcon, or peach downsmash, or floaties being floaty.
i suggested to the DT that when kirby takes an ability, he also takes the target character's weight. that way when snake-kirby gets grenades and +31 weight, he can be the most hated character in any game ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
i suggested to the DT that when kirby takes an ability, he also takes the target character's weight. that way when snake-kirby gets grenades and +31 weight, he can be the most hated character in any game ever.
Yesterday I was hanging out with cori games watching some friendlies at rewired, she said kirby should get a full samus change on copy like kirby gets for solarbeam. I think this should be extended to dk/m2 copy abilities as well. Also lucario gives one aura bomb.

This is needed to normalize kirby's mu spread and prevent focus on gimmicks and buzzword jank memes

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Sounds interesting.

To kirbycide (nerfed kek) or to get dat sweet extra survivability/they can't combo you EVEN MORE. YOU'RE LIKE SAMUS

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Except for Puff. Can we just get like, Rest vs. Puff lol.

that way we can skip all the boring interaction and can turn this into a Puff ditto.

Of course this would have to be rebalanced so Puff hat is not lost upon death.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yesterday I was hanging out with cori games watching some friendlies at rewired, she said kirby should get a full samus change on copy like kirby gets for solarbeam. I think this should be extended to dk/m2 copy abilities as well. Also lucario gives one aura bomb.

This is needed to normalize kirby's mu spread and prevent focus on gimmicks and buzzword jank memes
But those moves take a lot less time to charge than Solarbeam, at least, if iirc.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
O God no. Im sure you are low key joking and it would never happen, but as someone who uses Kirby, plz no. I couldnt stand the salt Keepo
---
I lurk here and the tier list speculation threads a lot and from what I see about Kirby and his copy abilities a lot of people want *buzzword* changes to it so that copy abilties become valuable/easy to use instead of fixing the root problems which are making Inhale worse than it is now, and making all of the copy abilities the PM versions of the move with almost unnoticeable-to-the-ignorant changes to fit with Kirby's stats and kit better.
For inhale itself; I suggested that the release angle for Inhale should be changed to the aerial grab release angle(diagonally up and away), increase the startup but still fast enough to that setups still work and functions just as well as a command grab (imo frame 12), cannot be held infinitely, and more endlag to make it more punishable on whiff. These nerfs to inhale already make copy abilities indirectly more valuable since now a wider variety of moves are better than the move inhale. Also copy should have a small amount of hitstun so that its +0 instead of people being able to wavedash down and punish.

As for Copy Abilities, like I said they should be just the PM versions... but with slight changes. What I mean by that is that certain moves are built a certain way because of the tools they already have, and its very likely that if PM copy changes were met they wouldn't slightly adjust them to "copy" the practical uses in competitive play.

For Exs. The way Kirby's version of Wario's Bite should work where it is a DI trap into aerial hammer sweetspot instead of keeping the angle for Wario's Waft. Kirby's Luigi ability should have startup/IASA changes to be able to waveland out of a short hop. etc.

It would be nice for Kirby to steal different moves, or for Kirby to get like a *buzzword* version of the move, but with programming issues, subjectivity on what move to program it to take, and how easy it is to set up... its more practical to avoid conflict and just give him the PM versions. Of course some will be bad, but thats why Kirby needs to be buffed in other areas so that he can reliably fight on his own without them.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I read that as "gains their weight" as in "gets their weight value added to his own".

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
GHNeko GHNeko Your sig is where I got into the Sonic comics but I'm waaaay behind now. I stopped reading it when...
Eggman reset the world and sally got roboticized or whatever it's called. Sonic was chasing eggman? Skunk dude was put on trail? uhh... Secret freedom fighters? Bird armada?
It's been a while. Help me out here.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

GHNeko GHNeko Your sig is where I got into the Sonic comics but I'm waaaay behind now. I stopped reading it when...
Eggman reset the world and sally got roboticized or whatever it's called. Sonic was chasing eggman? Skunk dude was put on trail? uhh... Secret freedom fighters? Bird armada?
It's been a while. Help me out here.
Genesis. It was basically Ian Flynn's method of resetting the comic book series.

It was dope as **** when Sally got roboticized tbh.

Genesis arc is right before the Worlds Collide Arc which is the canon crossover between Archie's Sonic and Archie's Megaman.

Skunk dude? Are you talking about Antoine?

The secret freedom fighters is from the Sonic Universe series and it's pretty dope. I Like what Ian's doing with those characters.

Last edited:

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Genesis. It was basically Ian Flynn's method of resetting the comic book series.

It was dope as **** when Sally got roboticized tbh.
ahh ok, I should be able to find where I left of. I like that Ian guy, he made Eggman a bad ass.
I remember nerds got hella salty 'cause Ian broke up the SatAM cast AAAAAAYYYY

Genesis arc is right before the Worlds Collide Arc which is the canon crossover between Archie's Sonic and Archie's Megaman.
OH SH*T! Worlds collide is CANON! I thougth it was it's own thing, should I read archie's Megaman too?

Skunk dude? Are you talking about Antoine?
Nooo
The dude that went into the special zone with Sonic to get a chaos emrald and shot him in the back (in cool blood) with a tranq dart.

The secret freedom fighters is from the Sonic Universe series and it's pretty dope. I Like what Ian's doing with those characters.
Agent King the homie. I was taking a liking to Shard and I like how Silver was becoming an actual character.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Edea is bae.

MRGRGR is my orgasm sound.

ahh ok, I should be able to find where I left of. I like that Ian guy, he made Eggman a bad ***.
DID YOU READ THE ARC WHERE EGGMAN WENT NUTS AND SNIVELY LOCKED HIS ASS UP.

THE ENDING OF THAT ARC IS DOPE AS ****.

I remember nerds got hella salty 'cause Ian broke up the SatAM cast AAAAAAYYYY
let them stay mad.

OH SH*T! Worlds collide is CANON! I thougth it was it's own thing, should I read archie's Megaman too?
World's Collide is canon because
Sally is fixed

But you dont need to read Archie's Megaman, though you should.

Nooo
The dude that went into the special zone with Sonic to get a chaos emrald and shot him in the back (in cool blood) with a tranq dart.
AH **** i know who you're talking about but I cant remember his name ffffff

Agent King the homie. I was taking a liking to Shard and I like how Silver was becoming an actual character.
omg

that's my favorite part about secret freedom fighters.

THEY'RE TURNING SILVER INTO A LEGITIMATE AND LIKEABLE CHARACTER LOLLLLL

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
man there's been a lot of things to write about lately
good tournaments
prof's ama
data dumps
and

poopch going on reddit rants

like lmao wtf pooch stop spending so much time on reddit I guarantee you your view of things will ameliorate
reddit sux like really
r/ssbpm is trying hard to be like the pm version of r/smashbros which sucks because r/smashbros is a ****hole
idgaf about gifs
idgaf about your netplay highlights
idgaf about your music packs and addons and whatever

I want r/ssbm content. this is a competitive game designed for a competitive audience and should be treated as such. ideally r/ssbpm contains
vods of tourney footage
match analysis
tournament preveiws/overviews
frame data
theorycrafting
application videos
100% less psychoghost

yeah the current state of pm sucks and is kinda poverty but it's getting better
thankfully, like most poverty games, those who play are killers. the people who play this game are good at this game. this is the largest change I've noticed since 3.0 and before, while melee gods are expected to perform well, they're no longer a favorite to win any tournament, and haven't in awhile
unlike most poverty games, pm isn't "solved"
there aren't optimal combos/modus operandi
it's still wide open in terms of potential and character potential

also the best way to treat the pmdt is as though it doesn't exist. play like there won't be any more patches. if your character gets buffed, cool. if they don't, ****in deal with it

idk something about pooch's rant struck me as entitled but maybe that's a bad word

sigh I just want to see more easily available in-depth development of character content

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Starcraft 1 is hard, but fun.
I'm clenching vs campaign AI.
Therefore, it's also hard-butt fun.
Edit: please forgive my puns.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The "main" icon for Project M Wario was changed to :warioc: instead of :wario: and I'm super happy about it :D

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
What about just living off all the various frozen dinners sold at Walmart? Could that be equally cheap and healthy?
SpiderMad pls. Use your insane double aerial mind powers on this stuff.

Frozen dinners are often made from nonorganic stuff (actually idk about this but LOL. Y'know like some of people's mashed potatoes aren't mashed from potatoes. Made from the weird stuff).

Include that they use preservatives and you typically microwave the stuff so it kinda kills any of the remaining possible stuff.

Frozen dinners save time in exchange for money and healthiness. Also you usually get less quantity.

If you're going all organic then stuff can be expensive so just grab normal stuff.

Like you're the double aerial magic guy, you can do the math to know thisss. C'mon SpiderMad :c.

Bleck

Smash Master
peeps are always telling other peeps to just plain go out and buy expensive food and it's like gee whiz it must be nice to have money

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
what is expensive and what isnt expensive depends on where you live, where you shop, and how hard you actually try to save money with discounts, coupons, sales, deals, and etc.

stores like costco and sam's club also help you save money due to buying in bulk.

i say this not only from experience, but from living and knowing people who are on some sort of government assistance and also getting their input. EBT, Food stamps, etc.

It's not easy, and yes if you're significantly below the poverty line; it might not be possible, but that's generally for the more extreme cases. Not the average case.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Rice is pretty cheap in bulk. So are beans and veggies on sale. Meats can be way too expensive though, same with a lot of fruit.

Top Bottom