• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
So if gender isn't biological
and allowing people to freely choose their gender (aka be themselves) is what we should strive for
where would sex and transsexuals fit in all of this?

Sex is biological, so I'm assuming the distress certain transgender people feel about their sex could possibly have a biological cause? Right now, we let them freely act on suppressing this distress by getting a sex reassignment surgery, but that sounds like it's only putting a band-aid on an underlying problem rather than directly addressing it (maybe I'm missing something).

Realistically it's all we can do for them, so I guess it's better than nothing, but suppose we figure out a way to get rid of their distress without permanently changing their junk, what would be the rational course of action then? Would it still be morally right to allow them to act on their problem in the way they want to? And from the transgender person's point of view, how the hell would you make the choice between following your own desires vs. the advice from your doctors?

****'s interesting as **** to think about.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Guys

Skullgirls is a thing, yeah I've been playing a lot of it

parasol is kinda bae, double is allright I guess but I only play her because shes the perfect duo with parasol, dat syngergy

Robo/double/parasol is the ideal team for me but my robo and double need work before I do that

so yeah, pls no fighterino genderino
Are you perchance saying that PMS is about video games and not infighting/lucha/circumcision/my dumb leet-speak/ l00k1/\/g r3411y s7r0/\/g?

Where in this world would you stumble upon such bile-comparable assumptions?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Don't forget Fukua, either.

Or why not all 3?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
A saucy non-Irish non-redhead offered me a ride home but I politely declined the offer after having so many cups of coffee and having the need to skate home. It's a good thing I taped my nipples cause it was pretty cold and I would've lost looking really really strong points.

"Grey, why did you have your nipples taped in the first place?"

...Don't worry about it.

So I started watching One Punch Man, but I think there's something wrong with the site I found... I just seem to see a video of Grey Belnades Grey Belnades instead???

Is it a wrong to be strong?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Is it a wrong to be strong?
Absolutely so when physical prowess is pursued to the detriment of other facets of life, and the fact that you seemingly advocate that is something I have always held you and anyone else with perspectives like yours in utter contempt for, whether it's meant as a joke or not.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
But what if you have to be strong enough to protect others and that comes at a personal cost? Living a balanced, jack of all trades existence won't give you the specialization you need to fight against the most powerful opponents.

Let's say we have to engineer a race of emotionally broken super soldiers, how do we control them from going berserk?

We give them each their own personal waifu to love.

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan.

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
So if gender isn't biological
and allowing people to freely choose their gender (aka be themselves) is what we should strive for
where would sex and transsexuals fit in all of this?

Sex is biological, so I'm assuming the distress certain transgender people feel about their sex could possibly have a biological cause? Right now, we let them freely act on suppressing this distress by getting a sex reassignment surgery, but that sounds like it's only putting a band-aid on an underlying problem rather than directly addressing it (maybe I'm missing something).

Realistically it's all we can do for them, so I guess it's better than nothing, but suppose we figure out a way to get rid of their distress without permanently changing their junk, what would be the rational course of action then? Would it still be morally right to allow them to act on their problem in the way they want to? And from the transgender person's point of view, how the hell would you make the choice between following your own desires vs. the advice from your doctors?

****'s interesting as **** to think about.
As far as I'm aware, the only potential way to alleviate a trans person's stress without having them go through transition would be the use of surgery to change their brain itself to accept what they have

Perhaps you are missing something that I personally can't adequately explain, because the changing of one's internal identity (something that would likely extend beyond just the gender aspect) sounds kinda unethical to me

Not to mention that HRT itself tends to do the job just fine given the mechanics of it (shut off expressions of one sex and turn on the other, making them for all intents and purposes biologically their "new" sex aside from birth genitals and any changes wrought by puberty) and due to lack of coverage the cost of Genital Reconstruction Surgery is just no.

Trans people would be a lot happier today if people could just accept them. That's the core issue here. Until now they were treated by the general populace of many developed nations as subhuman, and while today is much better about that they're still in a pretty bad place. Hell, we recently had a US state reject a nondiscrimination ordnance (lol wut r freedoms) for their ability to use the proper public restrooms (which would be alleviated in the first place by gender neutral restrooms but I digress), and the chance of a trans person being murdered is still astronomically high (last measured at 1 in 20, up to 1 in 8 if they're of color)

And I still haven't gone into the whole "nonbinary erasure" thing, an issue that does technically reside under the trans "umbrella" but I don't have the necessary knowledge or experience to talk about.

tl;dr Trans issues are seriously wack right now, like seriously they need help

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Doesn't matter to me what's between a person's legs as long as they not jerks. I think it says a lot about our species that a member of it that's as vitriolically hateful as I am has no problem with this crap in the first place, lol.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
tfw you have no video because you gave someone a bye

what it feels like to be truly free

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
What else is there to do other than the eternal struggle of gaining strength

Life is literally all about gaining strength. Social strength through many friends, financial strength through having alot of money, physical strength through work outs. One of the prime reasons to even play fighting games is to raise your skill and become stronger at the game so no one can beat you

TL:DR: Grey Belnades Grey Belnades is secretly a prophet and he's trying to awaken us to the true facet of the world

Lizalfos

Smash Master
"Happiness levels." Cute. Enjoy making random **** up. You decide your beliefs, and find the evidence after. Everyone who isn't an idiot knows that many women enjoy their femininity and many men enjoy their masculinity--the whole point is that they don't NEED, which you have no reason to be against (although you seemingly are, I guess?). Your "thousands of years" argument also justifies racism, polygamy, and r aping anyone you feel like.

Also, divorce rates are up because of women's rights and social acceptance for divorce, not because marriages are of lower quality. This is common knowledge you have managed to not acquire.

just calling out some downright stupid things you've said
You can poll people for satisfaction. For somebody accusing another of confirmation bias that is very automatically dismissive of you.
Also, are you saying polygamy is bad? ***** you have 0 ground.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
[QUOTE="OM Grey, post: 20405698, member: 140255"
"Grey, why did you have your nipples taped in the first place?"

...Don't worry about it.

Is it a wrong to be strong?[/QUOTE]
Don't runners do that so that the friction of their shirt doesn't make them bleed?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion

Violating safe spaces is a joke to you bro?

But seriously, it's funny when the college bubble wants to keep people out of their little clique but also tell cis scum they need to accept things they are uncomfortable with. Which is it?

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I will forever wonder what video number 7 is.
Oh my bad. When I uploaded it, it said my channel needed to be verified to upload a video longer than 15 minutes. So I verified my account and then it activated the video but put it in private for some reason. Just switched it over to unlisted.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Does anyone know where I can find pics of the entire roster for all the Smash games on transparent backgrounds? I can find images out there, but they're not necessarily on transparency backgrounds. I could edit them, but I imagine someone somewhere along the lines has probably done that already.

Edit: Actually only really need 64 and Melee

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Taimadou Gakuen 35.
It's been a while since I've actually been excited for an anime's OST, usually they're filled with ****ty Japanese Rock/Pop tracks but this one's caught my attention through several of the episodes. Last time I was this excited for an OST was Samurai Champloo.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
the goat ost is the orginal ghost in the shell
I had the OST for the Ghost in the Shell movie, alongside the entire discography of Stand Alone Complex. Made lonely roadtrips seriously contemplative and memorable experiences. Yoko Kanno is so good. I need to go back and marathon GitS and GitS:SAC back to back again.

Actually, I'm kind of in the mood for contemplative/speculatory sci-fi. I've already re-watched Gattaca, and I've put Serial Experiments Lain on the watch list. I figure at least one of you nerds might know some good stuff?

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I had the OST for the Ghost in the Shell movie, alongside the entire discography of Stand Alone Complex. Made lonely roadtrips seriously contemplative and memorable experiences. Yoko Kanno is so good. I need to go back and marathon GitS and GitS:SAC back to back again.

Actually, I'm kind of in the mood for contemplative/speculatory sci-fi. I've already re-watched Gattaca, and I've put Serial Experiments Lain on the watch list. I figure at least one of you nerds might know some good stuff?
Watch Lain.

Top Bottom