• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
One week into nanowrimo and I have about 2000 words, way behind schedule

Worst part is 400 of those words might be completely scrapped, I don't like the way my chapter 2 is pacing itself

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Every time I see a notification saying someone quoted me, my first thought is "what stupid **** did I say in that thread again?"

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Every time I see a notification saying someone quoted me, my first thought is "what stupid **** did I say in that thread again?"
Don't worry, everyone feels that way when they post stupid ****.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Tfw you wake up with 36 notifications and wonder what you did to **** up so hard

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Heading home from the melee monthly.

**** I played bad.
So bad.
Uggh
I don't feel like I achieved anything this weekend.
Or the week. I had no school and all I did was watch ****ing Gurren Lagann's 1st arc. Time badly spent. I'll probably put it on hold for a few months again.

So the pools at the monthly were way different from the last time. Then it was like 7 pools of 6 players and 4 went to bracket. Now 4 pools, ~10 players and 4 to bracket.

I had the honor of having my first matches be the top 2 seeds. The Sheik destroyed in the ditto as expected, 4- and 3-stocks. Against the Luigi I managed to do at least something, I got a sweet usmash kill the 1st game for reading a nair. Still got 2- and 3-stocked tho.

Then I beat one bad Marth. Switched to Falco for his FD CP and won.
Then I beat one bad Falcon. Choked game 2 away and choked in game 3 too but still won cause he couldn't punish dsmash.

Then I lost to Starkiller.

God
Damn

Starkiller.

A kid that plays Marth p much in the "fsmash: the character" way.
And his name is goddamn starkiller.
F

I SDed game 1.
Barely won game 2.
CPd Falco on FD g3 and got 2 stocked.

How could I play so bad? I wasn't even THAT autopilot I think.

Did some push-ups and drank water to desalt.

Didn't work. i can't remember how the next set went that well. I think I barely lost game 1, won game 2 and went Kirby against Marth on FD game 3 and rage quit 30 secs in.

Ate some food to desalt. Didn't work. Went to no ****s given mode. Played Falcon dittos and barely lost game 1. Went deeper into nsg mode and didn't throw out a single attack and just wavelanded on platforms for the next game and the set after that against a sheik.

Then played puff and peach against a puff, no longer that in nsg mode. Got 2 and 3 stocked.

Then played some friendlies against folks,
played better. I go about 50-50 against a puff that made bracket from another pool. Starkiller asked for friendlies and my Shiek beats him solidly and my falco and marth go kinda even.

Then headed home. I think I missed my match against the 3rd seed. Whatever.

What I learned:

Losing feels bad.

That's it.

A wortless week.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
i miss my grandma too. i found out she's not doing too well and i'm stuck in school until thanksgiving, so these past two months have really sucked :(

Vashimus

Smash Master
I too spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up, and hearing stories from my dad they'd gone through quite a lot of crap in their time trying to raise him and my aunts and uncles, but they still seemed like the happiest people in the world to me. There are so many questions I would have loved to ask them about their lives growing up that my younger self didn't even think or care to ask, and I really regret that.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I too spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up, and hearing stories from my dad they'd gone through quite a lot of crap in their time trying to raise him and my aunts and uncles, but they still seemed like the happiest people in the world to me. There are so many questions I would have loved to ask them about their lives growing up that my younger self didn't even think or care to ask, and I really regret that.
Essentially the same thing with my grandmother alone. She could've had a job working as a nurse, being paid 60 dollars an hour, and paid the house she worked for off a decade earlier. But she decided to sacrifice it to take home her child's children, knowing that if she didn't do something about the father's death, they wouldn't have certainly been alive to this day.

A woman who i never called mother, yet still took care of me when i had none to care for me in my time of need is more like one is more than what can begin comprehend with. I owe her more than two decades of pure dedication and hospitality, yet the only thing I'm left for is to finish college, the one thing she wanted me to do before she died.

We live with regret almost through the entirety of our lives. Don't let the past keep you down on what you can make for the here and now.

Last edited:

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
I just hope my children will get to experience and love my grandparents too. They're younger than most but they aren't in the best shape either.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I just hope my children will get to experience and love my grandparents too. They're younger than most but they aren't in the best shape either.
Having grandparent's who stay connected with all their families is a terrific role model.
Though the last part about their shape gave me a slight chuckle, giving that your username and avatar are about muscles.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Having grandparent's who stay connected with all their families is a terrific role model.
Though the last part about their shape gave me a slight chuckle, giving that your username and avatar are about muscles.
Well my only living grandparents are racist and zealous christians

Not really great role models but nice people I guess

Mystletaynn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mystletaynn
3DS FC
3909-8402-8213
So today I got back to my apartment, and my suitemates threw a party because it was my birthday.

Except they didn't throw the party for me, they just had a party for the sake of a party and all the ~30 people they invited.

And now the downstairs smells like weed and alcohol, won't shut up, and won't leave, and it's 1:30am.

Why do I even live there. *sigh*

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I'm going to die of sodium poisoning if I keep playing TFGs but I don't care, I like pressing buttons.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
What else is there to do other than the eternal struggle of gaining strength

Life is literally all about gaining strength. Social strength through many friends, financial strength through having alot of money, physical strength through work outs. One of the prime reasons to even play fighting games is to raise your skill and become stronger at the game so no one can beat you

TL:DR: Grey Belnades Grey Belnades is secretly a prophet and he's trying to awaken us to the true facet of the world
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE OKERPROP

WHEN I BODYSLAMMED MEILING THE GIANT NERD AT THE DOUBLE TREEDOME IN FRONT OF 77 BILLION GREYAMANIACS, STRENGTH WAS COURSING THROUGH THESE 23 INCH PYTHONS BROTHER DUDE JACK

YOU KNOW, ALL THESE ANIME JABRONIS ARE TOO BUSY WITH THEIR PILLOWS INSTEAD OF RUNNING UP TO CHALLENGE TO BE WORLD CHAMPION AND GETTING STRONG

WHEN THEY GET BODIED LIKE MEILING THE GIANT WEEB DID IN FRONT OF 20 GAJILLION GREYAMANIACS DUDE, THEIR WAYFUS WERE NO MATCH AGAINST THE STRENGTH OF GREYAMANIA RUNNING WILD ON THEM

THE STRONG LEG DROP BEAT DOWN THE POWER OF LOVE

TO ALL THE LITTLE JABRONIS OUT THERE, REMEMBER, SAY NEVER GIVE UP, EAT YOUR PROTEIN, BE TRUE TO YOURSELF AND BE STRONG BROTHER

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
All this talk of gender has made me realize that having a PMS meetup wouldn't be as fun as I thought. Hell, I hate to say but I think any Genesis 3 meetups should just be narrowed down to those who met up at Paragon.

I actually had fun talking trash with Yung Mei Yung Mei and I wouldn't have to worry about any gender/political/social issue of the month discussion.
wtf i was gone for like 2 days and om grey loves me now wat

also wtf omgrey i beat you like 156 to 2, get ready for the 167 - -1 @ Genesis son

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
wtf i was gone for like 2 days and om grey loves me now wat

also wtf omgrey i beat you like 156 to 2, get ready for the 167 - -1 @ Genesis son
You wish nerd. I had 7 cups of coffee that day. It was my attempt to mask a nice way to tell everyone to "shut the **** up" about their debate. That didn't carry over well in my Women Studies class when the local food back director showed the stats on the unmarried women who gave birth in my county this year, I blurred out "Sluts! What a bunch of sluts!"

No one likes a liar Mei. It was 190- -3 in my favor.

Top Bottom