• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You're alive

And changed your username to something actually tag-able. How's life?
Yeah I'm alive. My dead periods are mostly due to me doing irl stuff.

As for IRL stuff, I'm game deving now. Got a small team together. Artist, Musician, Writer, etc. We're making a game wooooooo.

Gooo Neko.

I'll be shilling my **** in the coming year or so. So be prepared for that Kappa.

EDIT: Also Steam overlay works with Dolphin. So I can literally just leave Project M running on PC and still surf the web and ****.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
The UWEC crew demolished the Platteville crew by 9 stocks, lol. It was a massacre. All of our players in melee (except me because I'm a buster) got top 13 and most actually got top 8. I'm really proud that our best player got 3rd out of like 45 people. My friend Psychonaut QQ, Monk, and I were the only ones from eau claire that entered pm and we got top 5. Monk and I had to play each other for 4th/5th and Psychonaut made a clean sweep in grand finals from winners to 3-0 the guy who he originally went 3-2 with in bracket. It was his first time winning a tournament and we were all super proud and excited. Sucks the tournament had no fees or prizes lol

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm honestly shocked how well monk and I did considering we've only been playing ultra for the last few months and played melee like twice. I feel like we're way better in melee now from this giant break with ultra. it's weird

SunJester

Smash Ace
That was a f'in good tournament man. Favourite matches were

Prof vs Lz and IPK vs ESAM

Also grats on 3rd @Strong Bad you played really well today.

Also MusicCitySmash provided an excellent stream. Its amazing how much replays add to the viewing experience.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
so I've been playing KI. knew I would love it and all, but **** playing on the vanilla Xbone controller. idk how people do it, man.

definitely gonna invest in a FightPad or a stick lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
so I've been playing KI. knew I would love it and all, but **** playing on the vanilla Xbone controller. idk how people do it, man.

definitely gonna invest in a FightPad or a stick lol

Smooth Criminal
I wish some nerd would invent a converter that would let me use a DS3/DS4 on the XBone. I would love to play KI with a D Pad that I love instead having to use the XBONE D Pad (Which I hate with the strength of 10,000 suns).

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Xbone dpad is definitely an improvement over other iterations, sure, but it's booty buttcheeks for me and what I wanna do lol

just difficult to fadangle inputs at times

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I feel like I've missed a lot after not being here for what I think was a week or two. GHNeko is even back. o.o

Well, I'm not in Texas anymore. I'm back in Virginia for the holidays until either I move back or I go somewhere else.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I feel like I've missed a lot after not being here for what I think was a week or two. GHNeko is even back. o.o

Well, I'm not in Texas anymore. I'm back in Virginia for the holidays until either I move back or I go somewhere else.
stop living in places that I lived.

also yo Kaye. are we ever going to meet up irl? considering you've been in texas and now you're in virginia (inb4 southern virginia) i feel we should have crossed paths by now.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm alive. My dead periods are mostly due to me doing irl stuff.

As for IRL stuff, I'm game deving now. Got a small team together. Artist, Musician, Writer, etc. We're making a game wooooooo.

Gooo Neko.

I'll be shilling my **** in the coming year or so. So be prepared for that Kappa.
My team consists of people who are willing but not very experienced, a programmer who is experienced but lazy, and me (productive artist and intermediate programmer that's too tied up with college to have enough free time). There isn't much that can be done because no one is getting paid. .-.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
stop living in places that I lived.

also yo Kaye. are we ever going to meet up irl? considering you've been in texas and now you're in virginia (inb4 southern virginia) i feel we should have crossed paths by now.
We have met, Neko. I met you, JCaesar and @Strong Bad at Pound V and hung out with you guys. I even bought you guys lunch. ¦D But I didn't speak much, so it's no big.

Also, I'm in back in Fredericksburg, so I'm kinda in Northern Virginia. I've been all over the state, though. A bunch of other states, too.

Anyway, we might meet again sometime soon. It'd be cool for you to get to know me as I am now versus what little there was to me before.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
My team consists of people who are willing but not very experienced, a programmer who is experienced but lazy, and me (productive artist and intermediate programmer that's too tied up with college to have enough free time). There isn't much that can be done because no one is getting paid. .-.
SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

ALmost in the same boat as me.

What project are you guys working on, provided I dont have to sign an NDA. :V

We have met, Neko. I met you, JCaesar and @Strong Bad at Pound V and hung out with you guys. I even bought you guys lunch. ¦D But I didn't speak much, so it's no big.

Also, I'm in back in Fredericksburg, so I'm kinda in Northern Virginia. I've been all over the state, though. A bunch of other states, too.

Anyway, we might meet again sometime soon. It'd be cool for you to get to know me as I am now versus what little there was to me before.
THAT WAS TOO LONG AGO. THAT'S NULL AND VOID. I NO LONGER HAVE MET YOU SO LETS MEET.

If you even find yourself by houston, hmu.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey guys sorry haven't been here in forever.
Edit: (am MonK4 btw)

But check this out. I've been really inspired as of late in terms of how to design towards excellence in video games. While most of you might not be able to understand the specific terminology used, I'm sure you'll appreciate the methods, techniques, and principles employed.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/44515/principle-centered-feedback/

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
What project are you guys working on, provided I dont have to sign an NDA. :V
I'm not ready to talk about the aesthetics and the specifics (because they're what actually makes this game something fresh) but the basic gameplay idea is Devil May Cry type combat in a 2D platformer.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm not ready to talk about the aesthetics and the specifics (because they're what actually makes this game something fresh) but the basic gameplay idea is Devil May Cry type combat in a 2D platformer.
dope. so a combo heavy beat em up basically.

so like Aces Wild?

Top Bottom