• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
For those of you unfamiliar with Canadian politics, this is exactly how our recent election went down

Vashimus

Smash Master
SF4 players saying they don't like SF5 so far because it's "too easy"

this is how I know it's going to be great
I don't where you've heard this. SF heads are loving SF5 because it's harkening back to how the older games played. No Focus Attack, no FADC to make reversals safe, no crouch tech, tighter throw tech and reversal windows, easier combos that deal high damage and stun, etc.

Bleck

Smash Master
I don't where you've heard this.
from here;

"...Valmaster is already worried that SF5 may not be a success.

He classifies the game as "too easy to learn" and "too rigid," and is afraid the community may lose interest soon after the game's release. Valmaster cites certain attributes of SF4, such as unblockables, as aspects that made the game fun."

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
That's basically just naysaying since the game is in beta and not all tech has been discovered yet/they're gonna add more anyway. Besides, the T&A means many players are there to stay. ...Gotta wait it out a bit for more conclusive results, and what-not.
Also, git gud lol.

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
That's basically just naysaying since the game is in beta and not all tech has been discovered yet/they're gonna add more anyway. Besides, the T&A means many players are there to stay. ...Gotta wait it out a bit for more conclusive results, and what-not.
Also, git gud lol.
Don't worry bro it's the 21st century. Theres a patch for that

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Later today, me and a friend are going to decide who is going to take our Sociology exam prompt first (so that we can provide the prompt to everyone else) over a set in Brawl. This is it guys. This is the moment I've existed and live for.

His time is up, my time is now.

Also I'm registered for Genesis 3. Grey v. Meiling II: Fury in the Furrycon, is set to go.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I know at least some of you were around last year when I had my break down (holy **** it was a year ago Friday, damnnnn), so for those who remember/are interested anyway, small update:

Super strange night/morning for me. Had a dream/surreal nightmare last night, no details but involved my old ex from the bad break up (haven't dreamed about her in like half a year) and it was less spooby and more just horrifying, basically relived my old fears that she would kill herself in front of me and I wouldn't be able to stop/help her. So I woke up, go to bathroom to run my head under the faucet to cool down. I check my phone (at like 4am) and I see I got multiple texts from my good friend studying abroad in japan, she seemed frantic/worried. Reply etc, she had calmed down in the 20 min it took me to reply.

Turns out that ex that dumped me for a friend had a baby with him. I wouldn't have known because I have her blocked on all social media but this puts some real light into perspective. Kids not mine, but it was conceived while we were still dating. God damn I'm glad I didn't know, don't think me at 19 could have handled that. Makes some of her crazy texts make a lot more sense.

Whelp I hope things work out for them I guess? God damn this day has been crazy, and I haven't left the house yet

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I need to figure out an excuse to skip out on work on November 28th so I can go to SI2

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I've been trying to practice up for a weekly that's taking place tomorrow.

Maybe I'm just that rusty, but my goodness, I've forgotten how precision Melee/PM demands in order to play properly: there were numerous scenarios where I'd attempt to input a move and something entirely different occurs (e.g. An attempt to perform a Fast Fall Up Air into L-cancel winds up being an air dodge that goes nowhere).

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I've been trying to practice up for a weekly that's taking place tomorrow.

Maybe I'm just that rusty, but my goodness, I've forgotten how precision Melee/PM demands in order to play properly: there were numerous scenarios where I'd attempt to input a move and something entirely different occurs (e.g. An attempt to perform a Fast Fall Up Air into L-cancel winds up being an air dodge that goes nowhere).
My best advice is just heading to battlefield in training mode with a friend and practicing controlled situations. Timing will improve as long as you train yourself in consistence, as doing shffl's is just as much about muscle memory as any other tech. Keep at it man, gittin gud is an adventure in itself.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Also, don't beat yourself up if you don't get around to being skilled again right away. Rome wasn't built in a day, and what-not.

Player -0

Smash Hero
mfw tournament is 44 miles away. I think I can only average around 13 mph on a bike too.

That's not counting the fact I have a cross country meet a bit before.

Does anyone know how to super speed a bike?

inb4 Pokemon reference

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Mfw I send an email to someone in my major's department and I fail to correlate that Steven is a male name and call them female in the email because of their last name

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
mfw tournament is 44 miles away. I think I can only average around 13 mph on a bike too.

That's not counting the fact I have a cross country meet a bit before.

Does anyone know how to super speed a bike?

inb4 Pokemon reference
I'm guessing that you just have a ****ty wallmart hybrid or mountain bike because that's what most people have. If that's the case dropping $500-1000 on a nice commuter bike or a road bike might be worth it if you are gonna be biking long distances regularly. I'd probably try to find a good used bike shop that will let you test ride the bikes first so you can decide if you need it. If you do stick to bikes from notable brands like cannondale, specialized, trek, raleigh, ect.

Other than that getting semi slick tires is the only thing that will really make a noticeable difference without being nearly as expensive as getting a new bike anyway.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm guessing that you just have a ****ty wallmart hybrid or mountain bike because that's what most people have. If that's the case dropping $500-1000 on a nice commuter bike or a road bike might be worth it if you are gonna be biking long distances regularly. I'd probably try to find a good used bike shop that will let you test ride the bikes first so you can decide if you need it. If you do stick to bikes from notable brands like cannondale, specialized, trek, raleigh, ect.

Other than that getting semi slick tires is the only thing that will really make a noticeable difference without being nearly as expensive as getting a new bike anyway.
What he really needs is permission to go to the event in the first place.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'm gonna have fun on Halloween because I can dress normally and all I have to do to be a vampire is open my mouth.
C A N I N E B O Y S

Player -0

Smash Hero

I'm using a cheap (afaik kek) mountain bike for casual riding. I'd rather not use road racer for travelling lol.

Road racers are super light so it feels super awkward (especially when wearing tennis shoes). I'm not actually sure the average speed I go for the mountain bike.

Also had to check your profile for your name. wtf Gravy

What he really needs is permission to go to the event in the first place.
bro. You know how insane parents are. Think about your current residency.

Actually curious. I assume it's more relaxing/less "stress" when you're not going to be jumped at any moment while doing stuff but idk.

What I actually need to do is drive/get driver things. That's kinda lame though.

Edit - MY EARLIER POST WAS JUST A BAIT SO I COULD COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF*

YOU FELL RIGHT INTO MY TRAP CARD, WAHAHAHAHAH.

*not really

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I'm using a cheap (afaik kek) mountain bike for casual riding. I'd rather not use road racer for travelling lol.

Road racers are super light so it feels super awkward (especially when wearing tennis shoes). I'm not actually sure the average speed I go for the mountain bike.

Also had to check your profile for your name. wtf Gravy

bro. You know how insane parents are. Think about your current residency.

Actually curious. I assume it's more relaxing/less "stress" when you're not going to be jumped at any moment while doing stuff but idk.

What I actually need to do is drive/get driver things. That's kinda lame though.

Edit - MY EARLIER POST WAS JUST A BAIT SO I COULD COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF*

YOU FELL RIGHT INTO MY TRAP CARD, WAHAHAHAHAH.

*not really
-doesn't live at school
You must be some kind of nerd!

Top Bottom