• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
I wanted to try and help cause it seemed like he was newer, but it just seems like he's choosing ignorance and blaming the game over learning.

It's kinda disappointing.

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
Yeah but seriously. This guy doesn't wanna learn lol.

Reasoning doesn't work. Just ignore him.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I wouldn't know, I'm obviously a scrub and should've stopped typing already

EDIT:
You could kind of say windboxes do, but those don't really have real knockback, so to speak, since it behaves differently.
KB is just momentum', you're thinking of hitstun

Edit: @Warchamp7 you should make it so that anyone who uses "Gannon" instead of Ganon without quotation marks gets auto banned from posting for a day

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
do yall remember in vanilla brawl how Falco could set up a laser lock by buffering a jab after dthrow? that **** was ****in legit

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
do yall remember in vanilla brawl how Falco could set up a laser lock by buffering a jab after dthrow? that **** was ****in legit
Good ol' Brawl Falco.

Another interesting Brawl fact is that MK's dimensional cape can be used indefinitely. I didn't learn about this until yesterday and it was hilarious to watch how broken it was.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Good ol' Brawl Falco.

Another interesting Brawl fact is that MK's dimensional cape can be used indefinitely. I didn't learn about this until yesterday and it was hilarious to watch how broken it was.
MK can also fly underneath Final Destination to the other side with only his Up-B

Yung Mei

platform canceling was like the coolest tech in brawl, i still wonder why it was taken out in PM

Mr R does ita lot in this match, **** is so crisp

Lizalfos

Smash Master
platform canceling was like the coolest tech in brawl, i still wonder why it was taken out in PM

Mr R does ita lot in this match, **** is so crisp
I mean, can't Snake do it?

It is basically a better waveland. Maybe PMDT thought that WL was more balanced as a movement option?

At least it isn't Smash 4 where you can't get on platforms for your life in a platform fighter.

Yung Mei

I mean, can't Snake do it?

It is basically a better waveland. Maybe PMDT thought that WL was more balanced as a movement option?

At least it isn't Smash 4 where you can't get on platforms for your life in a platform fighter.
technically its still in the game, but the only way you can do it is by doing an attack and pressing down as you pass through a moving platform.

The best method of doing it before (anyone who says otherwise is a ****ing liar) is literally just tapping down as you pass through the platform. For some reason this doesn't work in PM anymore which sucks butt

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think I'll be getting rank 3 caravan quests soon in MH4U~

Had to go on another expedition. Took out the Yian Kut-ku thingy pretty easily.

Now I have some kind of Urgent Quest thing I need to do but I am probably going to do the two new 2 rank quests I got first.

How long does low rank last? Cause it has been kind of easy so far but I bet that as soon as I get out of low rank I am going to meet a world of hurt. :L

CORY

wut
BRoomer
in your own eyes, you're strong when you feel strong.

but how do you define strong? physical strength? moral strength? other?

in society's eyes, is anyone truly strong? perhaps, people do seem fond of arnold and dwayne johnson.

no one thinks grey looks strong, though.

D

Deleted member

Definitely override in. What classes did you try getting?
AP classes can be really easy depending on the teacher. Doing well on the AP is just a matter of reading your textbook in most cases.
English and Physics

Yung Mei

did anyone else see that tweet about republicans asking if jesus had a favorite gun, what would it be

Player -0

Smash Hero
Platform cancelling was Brawl's dankness. Too bad it only worked on moving platforms aka Smashville. The way I could do it was light pressing shield (which inputs "nothing" but still makes it work) or hard pressing shield + down for insta platform drop -> DJ repeat for max dankness. Also Dair when rising through platform.

@ Yung Mei Yung Mei Wait are you saying you can platform cancel in Smash 4?

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
When can someone be considered strong?
When they are powerful enough that they don't have to actually do anything to be thought of as such, and also when they can be gentle without any fear of looking 'soft' in the eyes of those less enlightened about what is truly important in life.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

Yung Mei

Platform cancelling was Brawl's dankness. Too bad it only worked on moving platforms aka Smashville. The way I could do it was light pressing shield (which inputs "nothing" but still makes it work) or hard pressing shield + down for insta platform drop -> DJ repeat for max dankness. Also Dair when rising through platform.

@ Yung Mei Yung Mei Wait are you saying you can platform cancel in Smash 4?
Tap down is the only good method you liar

also no, in vanilla brawl and PM, but in PM it only works with an attack (idk if it works with shield tho)

Player -0

Smash Hero
Tap down is the only good method you liar

also no, in vanilla brawl and PM, but in PM it only works with an attack (idk if it works with shield tho)
I'd assume it's the Melee platform cancels and not the Brawl ones but I can test/double check later prob.

For tap down method you can't do the super dance on platforms so it's inferior.

Edit - Also I can't get the tap down method for the life of me.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok. The Kacha Wacha almost got me a couple times. Still didn't faint at all. But had a couple of close calls.

Things are starting to get interesting~

Top Bottom