• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I'm currently a social thread stalker.

Being social is hard. Even on the internet.

Especially on the internet?

IDK. I'm goddamn 19 and the first real forums I delved into were smashboards 8 months ago.

Tho that may be a good thing? Probs not.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear Online launches in October aka the real multiplayer mode with team objectives.

If you're not pleased with the small and way to pass the time FOB minigame, don't go online then.

He really does exaggeratedly complain about everything under the sun.
Sadly it launches in January for PC players :(

FOBs are kinda required though if you want to upgrade your base in a timely manner. The only alternatives are to wait for your base development unit to process materials(which takes them forever and a day to refine anything), or to repeatedly raid areas that give the most amount of resources like Nova Braga Airport.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Real talk Fox's DAC Pivot Grab in Smash 4 goes suuuper far. It's actually unreactable.

Also Falco is dank. Combos into offstage side B for the meteor.

Also Project M Wario's Side B is dumb. I really hope it's nerfed. It trades with so much stuff and sends at dumb stuff.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Also Project M Wario's Side B is dumb. I really hope it's nerfed. It trades with so much stuff and sends at dumb stuff.
A couple things that Wario have are pretty weird, yeah. But I think sideB is mostly fine, it's just a matchup thing. dthrow to shoulder bash tech chase can be called out pretty easily, it just exploits a habit most people have in most MUs. You can shield it, and shield DI in to get a punish off of the huge endlag, or just WD grab OoS to punish.

I think dair is more obnoxious, personally. I know it has pretty big lag and is obviously super committed, but it's safe on block because you can just drift away too far for anyone to punish, has disjoint below him on a descent move.

From the design philosophy:
  • Tools that mitigate positional advantage (e.g. circumventing juggles, edge guards).
  • Tools that provide excessive burst movement without appropriate risk.
So, I'd say it's burst movement, but not "excessive" and it has something like 17 frames lag, so I'd say that's fairly appropriate risk, except that for some reason it is also pretty much completely safe on block. And then the slight disjoint that he's granted also does help to circumvent juggles against some characters, or at least force a trade on many.

The real problem with the disjoint, in my eyes, is that certain recoveries just get bodied by it, like Bowser and DK, who Wario can fairly easily dair out of their upBs, who also lack the vertical recovery power to get back from a meteor cancel.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
A couple things that Wario have are pretty weird, yeah. But I think sideB is mostly fine, it's just a matchup thing. dthrow to shoulder bash tech chase can be called out pretty easily, it just exploits a habit most people have in most MUs. You can shield it, and shield DI in to get a punish off of the huge endlag, or just WD grab OoS to punish.

I think dair is more obnoxious, personally. I know it has pretty big lag and is obviously super committed, but it's safe on block because you can just drift away too far for anyone to punish, has disjoint below him on a descent move.

So, I'd say it's burst movement, but not "excessive" and it has something like 17 frames lag, so I'd say that's fairly appropriate risk, except that for some reason it is also pretty much completely safe on block. And then the slight disjoint that he's granted also does help to circumvent juggles against some characters, or at least force a trade on many.

The real problem with the disjoint, in my eyes, is that certain recoveries just get bodied by it, like Bowser and DK, who Wario can fairly easily dair out of their upBs, who also lack the vertical recovery power to get back from a meteor cancel.
This is also why I main Wario...

That dair is deadly you know

Player -0

Smash Hero
Dair drift mobility on shield is a bit weird as well as the disjoint but besides that I don't see much of a problem. He's committed to directly vertical movement for the duration of the move. Landlag could be increased but I don't think any characters have a problem with this move if they juggle with the move in kind.

Side B (Shoulder Bash) not only gets stronger (more damage then more KB) but it also becomes more disjointed as the move stays out. This means a majority of the time the opponent is forced to respect the move or straight die. It can also be done off platforms to "cancel" on landing and jumped out to punish characters jumping. (then DJed out of). Also something that may not be a problem but I feel like it has to be noted is that it pushes people that are in shield quite a considerable amount (similar to Fox's Up Smash. Why does Fox's Up Smash do that. I really need to shield SDI) making it awkward to punish with Side B's endlag.

I just want it to not be disjointed/kill (sets up for edgeguarding instead). Also maybe be more punishable but I think that's just because I'm bad (don't get me wrong I can punish it it's just risk reward for Wario is somewhat skewed imo).

Also if I'm wrong correct me

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You looked strong therefore I knew you were going to win.

Also I blame the crowd for you not being able to hear my "**** HIM UP JOE" shout.
Awesome. I re-watched the VOD and the commentators said the odds from the viewer's point of view was 280 to 14 M2k's favor lol.

:018:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

But did you know that the hitbox gets bigger and stronger the longer it is out?

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
This from the PMDT Playtest reopening announcement thread on Reddit:

I, with no programming or in-game skill, look forward to the amount of 4.0 leaks this increase in volunteer staff will inevitably provide.
Am I the only one who completely despises that mindset? I mean, really, **** that. **** that.

Some really ****ing awesome people have put a **** ton of work into something amazing that is now able to expand and grow even further, and your first thought is, "Oh, now that there are more people, more assholes will break the rules for us so we can get our gossip!"

**** that noise.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
that guy's a baka

now that there's more people in the dt SOMEONE ****ING FIX ICS' CROUCH SENSITIVITIES SO WE CAN DO DTHROW FOLLOWUPS ON PLATFORMS HOLY ****

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
Some really ****ing awesome people have put a **** ton of work into something amazing that is now able to expand and grow even further, and your first thought is, "Oh, now that there are more people, more ******** will break the rules for us so we can get our gossip!"

**** that noise.
Does every sarcastic comment on that ****stain of a site need an '/s' in front of it? He's clearly showing concern in a mocking way, kind of like a 'watch who you let in, that's a lot of holes to plug' kind of thing. Did the part where he wrote 'increase in volunteer staff will inevitably provide' not tip you off?

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to join the dev team
Not to balance the game in any particular way, or add anything substantial.
I just wanna give marth's shield breaker back the aerial momentum it had in brawl. Full charge should shoot you farther than mewtwo's teleport.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I'd like to join the dev team
Not to balance the game in any particular way, or add anything substantial.
I just wanna give marth's shield breaker back the aerial momentum it had in brawl. Full charge should shoot you farther than mewtwo's teleport.
I mean I would nerf Marth's grab but that also makes sence

SunJester

Smash Ace
As excited as I am for new content from PM, I get sad when things are leaked. I know you guys work really hard and want to present your content in the best way possible.

But if they do get leaked? I'm still hyped as **** when you guys officially announce it. Getting a good look at something and seeing a hype trailer easily eclipses the hype of any leak previous. Please don't get discouraged by any leaks, keep working on. When I finally get my hands on a new stage, (or even a new character eventually?) its like Christmas morning.

Do what you do best, try and keep it under wraps. If its leaked, don't take it too hard, I know its inevitably disappointing, but the rest of us are still excited to get our hands on it.

Plus there's the fact that even Nintendo has trouble with leaks, and they have contracts.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
leaking stuff sucks for the people who are the ones putting in the work of creating the things that get leaked, and those people do deserve to showcase their stuff when they feel it's ready

but

i'd argue that leaks get the community way more hyped up than than any actual reveals do. the process of seeing information, images, videos, etc get spilled out into the public, the subsequent searching of more additional information, the speculation of how good the finished product will look, the vagueness of it all... will always be more satisfying than a blogpost spoon-feeding me the ****. i'd advise the PMDT to actually leak their own **** from time to time if they wanna create the most hype possible

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I mean, it's a gray area :/

I get how frustrating it must be for the PMDT, but I admit that I'm a guy who'll go on V to look at any leak I can find.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm currently a social thread stalker.

Being social is hard. Even on the internet.

Especially on the internet?

IDK. I'm goddamn 19 and the first real forums I delved into were smashboards 8 months ago.

Tho that may be a good thing? Probs not.
Stop being a nerd.

Look really strong.

You're welcome.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Stop being a nerd.

Look really strong.

You're welcome.
Speaking of looking strong, I'm really happy with my progress so far. This summer, I've gained around 10 pounds, and I can now bench over 100 easily. I've even gotten comments from multiple people about looking strong! I'm gettin' there.

I'm still a nerd though

Top Bottom